“OK for that last minute stop!”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Elks Motel

Elks Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Keremeos
Port Alberni
“OK for that last minute stop!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

This was a spontaneous stop. Reception good. Room was clean. An older motel and air conditioner rather weak. We always take two beds and ask for seniors rate. so probably a price of $76.50 for high season wasn't too bad. Won't stay again as travel mostly out of season and would go to Osoyoos. Very nice people at the fruit stand next door!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Janet P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Chilliwack
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

We called to make reservation for the weekend and were given a specific price including tax. Got there and the price was $20 more, did manage to get it for only $10 more then what we were told but when we asked about the price discrepancy the next morning were told that there was no way we had been told the original price. Very rude staff, dirty floor with many dried drippings of liquid in the room, ice cube trays in freezer were dirty, opened the window for fresh air and it was totally full of dead flies, both light fixtures had a large amount of dead flies in them as well.

Room Tip: Got a great room in Penticton the next day for less money, very clean and very friendly staff
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank abbottc57
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the 'better new building' so I'd hate to think what the rooms were like in the old part. I felt like I was in a school dorm with bare laminate floors with no rugs or such - I guess easy cleaning is more important than guest comfort here. For the standard the price was expensive especially as no breakfast is included or even available. Unfortunately competition in Keremeos is virtually non existent but we had to stay fortunately for only one night. We'll give it a miss & drive to Osoyoos next time

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Philip D
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

This motel is plain, clean and comfortable. We blew into Keremeos in a really bad spat of Winter weather and had no idea what to expect. The place looked typical - rooms arranged around a quadrangle with a solitary willow tree - and was right on the main road.

The heaters worked, the bathroom was clean and the shower had plenty of hot water. The beds were queen-sized and comfortable. The TV and wi-fi worked. The room was quiet except for the occasional roar of a big truck on the road outside, and a sign-board flapping about in the storm, that couldn't be helped. Apart from the fan in the bathroom which coughed and died after a few minutes, we had no nothing to complain about. What more can you ask from a motel in Keremeos?

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Chez-Mob
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stayed here for one night in August 2011 (sorry it's taken so long to do this review, we overlooked it as we carried on travelling for a further year) and found the motel clean, comfortable and a welcome break from the road. The staff at reception (in the evening when we arrived and in the morning when we asked for a breakfast recommendation - we ate at the K Café, which was very good) were cheerful and friendly. A good choice of you need somewhere basic to stay for a night or two.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank TalbotTravellers
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

Well if there's a "new" section, I wish I had known. The biggest mistake I made was not inspecting the room before I paid. I have no idea what the new section looks like but trust me avoid the old one.
Let me start by telling you that I'm surprised I didn't find any bed bugs based on the appearance of the room. The carpets were stained and looked dirty and I felt I should keep my shoes on at all times. The batteries for the tv remote were held in place with tape. The hot water tap in the bathroom ran constantly. There are ash trays outside each unit which were never emptied. And what motel dosen't have a vending machine?????
The room would have been over $80 a night after taxes but I was offered a cash deal of $60 a night, trust me.......that was NO deal.
Whatever you do....avoid the old section. Or better yet........stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Choose another motel!
Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank TMH343
Vancouver Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

If you are looking for a clean and simple place to stay in Keremeos then this is the place to stay. Everything was quite outdated in our room in the older section but very clean. We requested a crib but the motel doesn't have one rather they use the playpen belonging to the owner's grandchild. It does not come with linens. Ordinarily they charge $10 to use it so I suggest bringing your own instead. Very close to a public park, fabulous Thai restaurant and wonderful fruit stands.

They allow pets but they are not allowed to be left alone. Will tell a funny story about this point. We had gone out for dinner and came back to our room to find a note on the door asking us to see the front office. My husband went over and the young man said our dogs were noisy. My husband apologized. Later that night my husband and I were sitting just outside our room enjoying a drink after our kids went to bed. The owner's son-in-law was holding down the fort and having drinks outside his room across from ours. We could tell he had a few because his phone conversations were progressively getting louder and he started using profanity. My husband and I were watching a movie on our iPhone when the son-in-law stumbled over and pulled up a chair and started drunk chatting. It was okay at first but he just kept on drinking and talking and slurring his words. He told us the reason he left a note on our door wasn't because anyone had complained about our dogs but because he can't stand little dogs!!!!! We didn't know what to say lol. Finally he stumbled home and we quickly ran back into our room. The next morning he didn't recognize my husband because he was hungover from drinking so much the night before. Kind of bizarre.

Overall, still a nice place to stay. But we would not use their play pen next time and we would not sit outside in the evening :)

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank canadianjess
Also consider these accommodations in or near Keremeos
The Lakeside Resort
Landgasthof Crowsnest Vineyards
Hedley Inn & Hostel
Hedley Inn & Hostel
#3 of 4 in Hedley

Been to Elks Motel? Share your experiences!