“The Branding Iron Bar & Grill” 1 of 5 bubbles

Branding Iron Bar & Grill
Ranked #9 of 12 Restaurants in Keremeos
Cuisines: American, Bar, Canadian, German, Seafood, Gastropub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Steaks,Seafood,Pasta ,Bar & Grill Menu and Steakhouse Menu Established in1998, best known to be best "Dinner" place in the whole South Okanagan & Similkameen Expanded in 2011 to include Pub style food menu available anytime. Fun place for casual appys and drinks or late night's out. Special occasion parties and a annual Oktoberfest.
Keremeos, British Columbia, Canada
“The Branding Iron Bar & Grill”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

I found the people who own the place brag about there food.. I ordered the sea food chowder..it was brown & I couldn't tell what was in it.. it had a terrible after taste.. I asked for mashed potatoes instead of Pan fries & french fries.. No they couldn't... What they can't mash potatoes? I started with an appy.. Calamari.. it was so over cooked I couldn't eat it. All in all I didn't think the place was as good as they said it was.. the owner sat at a computer playing games.. I heard him complaining to I think it was his daughter about his back.If he spent as much time making great food as he did complaining about this & that a customer might find the surrounding settings more enjoyable.. If you order Veal cutlets don't expect to get a vegetable or mashed potatoes with it. You get a veal cutlet & pan fries or french fries.. all in all I won't be back.. I've tried it twice.. their prices are outrageous for what you get. Nice place but the food needs work.. a new cook should be the first order of the day.. Best food in the valley the daughter told me.. I think not. I've had way better food at a lesser cost.. small portions is what they supply.. I left there feeling ripped off..

Visited April 2013
3 Thank Linda R
gypsyheart669, Owner at Branding Iron Bar & Grill, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
We are very sorry this person had a bad experience,it is not typical. At this time we were in the process of new staff in the Kitchen. Complaints have been addressed,we do our best to make things right at the time,but some people seem to rather go out and then complain to everyone or on a forum like this. This is very unfortunate,as we try and remedy any complaint as it happens.
Our prices are not outrageous for the quality and portions of the food,we don't brag about the food,we do offer items no other place here offers,we have some different meals,such as Authentic German Schnitzels as an example.
Our Bar & Grill Menu has some dinner items on the back,they are one plate meals,made fresh to order,such as the fresh Veal,it's not frozen. The Classic Dinner Menu has the options of a Baked Potato as well with all the fixings,real Bacon Bits,Sour Cream,Butter and Green Onions,every other place in town does Mashed Potato,we do not.
As owners we do spend 12-16 hours a day here,we do get to know our locals,it is our second home,we are sorry if our actions offend anyone. Remember this is a small rural area, we like
people to feel at home and comfortable,our apologies if you do not find it so.

“Great food, lousy atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

I came in with my wife sometime in august. Service was lousy, messed up my order. Waitress seemed lazy and I could hear swearing and obscene language somewhere in the background. Not my ideal romantic evening.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Northernlight67
Langley City, Canada
“Service was BAD”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Four of us had dinner for $160.00 on Saturday - the food was fine - not raving but fine. The Service however - well the gal never put in one order - 3 of us were finished soups, salads and mains before she received her meal. a full 30 Minutes after we were completely finished - as a gesture (and they never told us they Forgot to put her order in the first 5 times we inquired) - she received - a SHOT of something - which did not get touched - that was they way to fix it - I still gave a 10% tip - only because the cooking and cleaning staff should not suffer but it was uncomfortable and didn't add to the ambiance of the evening.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank cgarson
Remember this table,we had a new server on,and she did fail to put one of the orders in for them, we did offer an apology,it was received unkindly, we do try to make up for a mistake,but it was not well received. We try and have fun with our guests as much as possible,we try our best to provide the best of service and food. With new staff it does take time to learn the menus and items. We are sorry these people felt they had a negative experience,it is not the norm.
Keremeos, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, friendly and clean”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

This in another Keremeos Gem. Can't go wrong here for excellent steak and good value for the dollars. Have eaten there many times and always enjoy the meals.

Visited September 2013
North Vancouver, Canada
“Excellent Keremeos Eatery”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

For a great steak/ribs dinner with a slight European touch the Branding Iron Bar & Grill in downtown Keremeos is a good bet. Great menu selection, tasty food - the house salad is incredibly fresh - and friendly accommodating staff plus local wine selection.

• Visited August 2013