“Dirty and poorly managed”
Review of Alpine Inn Motel

Alpine Inn Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Keremeos
Alpine Inn Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Keremeos
Vancouver, Canada
“Dirty and poorly managed”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

So I stayed at the Alpine Inn the summer before last but I just had to warn other people not to stay here.

I was dead tired when I showed up and very dirty after two days of canoeing the Similkameen River, should have slept like a rock but no.

First I show up and there's nobody in the office, someone runs across the highway from the fruitstand and opens up shop for me. She checked me in and gave me a key assuring me there were hot showers and cable TV. I go in the room and see it is clearly being occupied by others (fortunately not in the room). Went back to the office to explain the problem and was given a different room key. This time the room was empty. The air conditioner worked but the kitchenette was FILTHY! There were pots and pans with old cooked food still encrusted on them and the counters and floors were gritty with who knows what. The shower was hot enough to seriously burn a person for a good five minutes before cooling down to a tolerable level. The curtains didnt keep light out at all so I barely slept. All in all I paid $70 or $80 for a shower. I would have slept better on the ground outside. Don't bother with this place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
6 Thank Nunya B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Karumba
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Sorry to say this was the only bad place we stayed on our wonderful Canadian trip and it was awful. The one saving grace was the sheets on the bed were clean and the TV did work. Dishclothes were old and had not been changed, old, chipped and falling apart cupboards in the kitchen and bathroom - on opening the bathroom cupboard there were ear buds etc inside - no water hardly in the shower (we ended up having to turn the water off to the toilet just to get enough water out of the shower). The ceiling inside had some odd tiles at different places which were broken and hanging down and a very musty dank smell inside. The bed head was leaning and the bedside lamps were so old the covers were shrivelled, cracked and overall they were leaning because the bed head was. We made a decision to stay only because it was quite late, we had driven a long way this day and just didn't want to go any further. As other reviews have said they were nice people but no idea of what they are doing - some very basic and simple cleaning with a bit of throwing out of the old broken bits would immediately improve the place.

Room Tip: Don't stay here is the only tip I can give - other motels would have to be better than this one.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank AshsKarumba

Travelers are raving about these Keremeos hotels

BC
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Very dirty, no smoke alarms, blinds were duct taped together, very old. We politely asked for our money back & went across the street. The people were nice, but just no understanding of what a motel should look like. You should probably consider the other motel in town.

• Stayed April 2012
6 Thank mamakoops
Clearwater, Canada
Reviewed June 30, 2011

This place is old, but when we last stayed it was at least clean - this time round it was dirty, all the dishes in the kitchen had to be washed to be used, there was food left in the fridge, and the wiring in the place was scary. The mattress was lumpy. We had to ask for basic supplies and the sheets were well worn. Not much effort was made to make guests feel welcome. Not worth even considering again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Cookkies
Abbotsford, Canada
Reviewed May 23, 2011

We have always liked the looks of Keremeos, so we decided to spend the night there on an impromptu road trip. The outside looked neat and tidy, but oh, looks are deceptive. There was a hole where the dead bolt should have been on the door, which left just a push lock. The vertical blinds were broken, so anyone going by could have looked in, had we not put a newspaper in the window. The bathroom wall had a large hole kicked in it, exposing the ground below. All I could think of was creepy crawlies. The taps are hooked up backwards. Hot is cold and vice versa. On the plus side, the room smelled fresh and was clean. I did look at the sheets and they were clean, but I didn't dare look any closer anywhere else. The beds were extremely hard. I was so glad to get out of there in the morning.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank smack1953
Penticton, Canada
Reviewed March 14, 2011

As soon as you walk in this stench hits you right in the face one of those smells that is so bad it almost makes you sick (it smelled like curry and the stongest odor of urine)...nasty...and dont even get me started on the stinky filthy beds absoluty disgusting i cant even believe there are people with standards that low.the smell and the colour of the mattress makes me want to be sick right now.....if i could sum that hotel in one word it would be NASTY!!!...

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank amanda420
Victoria
Reviewed August 16, 2010

Hmm... we didn't find this place so bad as the previous reviews and enjoyed a good sleep (which was what we needed). Room we had seemed to have been recently renovated (or was just being finished). We were given a double for the price of single and one of the doubles was in its own little room (so a little privacy, if you're traveling in 4s and that's an issue). Bed was a bit soft, water pressure a little wonky at first, but room was clean and fairly quiet and that's all we needed. The bed bugs reviews would have freaked me out but without reading those, we had no issues, room looked and smelled clean, and I didn't see any bugs. Owner was friendly. Air conditioning worked great. Certainly not fancy or modern decor (basic older motel style), and sure, a little pricey (midweek likely cheaper) for what you get, but we just wanted a clean place to rest for the night and this place fit the bill just fine. No complaints.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jojofliessouth
Also consider these accommodations in or near Keremeos
Spirit Ridge at NK'MIP Resort
#1 of 2 in Keremeos
Tree To Me
Tree To Me
#1 of 2 in Keremeos

Been to Alpine Inn Motel? Share your experiences!