Review Highlights
Steven Olson

Just did a three day cat ski trip and had a phenomenal time. Excellent powder days and the... read more

Reviewed February 10, 2019
Venture605609
via mobile
Backcountry Snowcats has it all! Great lodging, great snow, and great hospitality!!

Stayed a night with Reg at Backcountry Snowcats. This place has everything!! Sleeps tons of people... read more

Reviewed December 28, 2018
Ashley W
via mobile

All reviews powder days great snow cat ski hot tub reg kathy bc
Selected filters
Reviewed February 27, 2017

We've been talking about going Cat skiing for a few years now and finally made a booking with Backcountry Snowcats based on a recommendation. It was amazing! We weren't sure the weather was going to be perfect but were assured by Kathy (the owner) that it would be great. And it was! The area they have at their disposal is so large that when conditions are not right in one spot they just move the Cat to other areas to find the best stashes. The staff was super friendly and helpful. The food by lovely Lisa was delicious and abundant. Any time you wanted a snack or meal it was already prepared and waiting for us. She was very good about considering food sensitivities as well. Yay! Our family (husband, wife and teenager) had a truly memorable weekend. We skied and rode so many runs each day and each one seemed better than the last. It was hard to choose the run of the day. The guides were very good. Just the right mix of safety conscious and fun-seeking. The lodge is not fancy but that's not why you go here. If you've been thinking about it, you should do it. And dress very warm for the snowmobile ride to the lodge! Hand and foot warmers definitely helped.

Date of experience: February 2017
Reviewed February 4, 2017

First time cat skiing and it was an amazing experience. Reg and Kathy are professional and friendly hosts with a great lodge. Close to Vancouver, so it is the easiest cat ski operation to get to from YVR. The guides were super friendly and knowledgable about the area and our safety. Highly recommend this location and I will be back again this year.....hope the snow keeps falling :-)

Date of experience: January 2017
Reviewed January 29, 2017

I recently finished my first ski trip and I definitely need to get back soon. The conditions were great with over a metre of new snow. Stellar conditions. The food was fantastic and all of the people that work there are great. All the people that work there are professional and genuine. You can tell they enjoy their job and their enthusiasm is infectious.

There were plenty of pillows and drops to push the limits. The snow as so deep and forgiving that it made taking jumps a whole lot of fun! We had a diverse group and some were not so keen to take air and such. The guides were great at balancing our diverse needs.

The first day we skied over 9K of vertical and the second day we skied over 12K of vertical. I did not want the trip to end. As a life long skier I have never experience so much powder and had so much fun on each and every run.

I am definitely returning!

Date of experience: January 2017
Reviewed December 1, 2016

Simply put - Backcountry Snowcats offer the best skiing experience on the South Coast. The snow is deep and reliable. The operation is super professional, that means safety oriented, detailed and well executed. The food is awesome, the lodge is warm and super comfortable. Pound for pound a weekend at Snowcats is way better value ski experience than a weekend at Whistler Blackcomb. It's just you and your friends in your own exclusive powder playground. Highly recommended.

Date of experience: February 2016
Reviewed February 10, 2016 via mobile

Upon a referral from another ski lodge operator, I was advised to give these guys a go rather than do a couple of days at Whistler during my annual interior BC ski trip. To be fair, I'm not keen for another Whistler ski trip due to the crowds.......

I'm so glad we made the effort and got up to ski with these guys.
To start off, its a snowmobile transfer and commute up to the mountain road for about 75mins which gets things up and running.
I've been fortunate enough to ski each year at some of the top cat skiing lodges in BC and this experience was very good fun and value for money.

Highlights include -
We scored pretty good snow and conditions. Good pow and plenty deep. Not too heavy which was good for coastal ranges.
The lodge is a low key affair but that's good and it's very comfortable for riders and skiers
Food was exceptional (some of the best from any lodges!)
The owner, Kath is a card and hands on operator.
The guide, Graeme was a very experienced operator and perfect bloke to read the group and weather. He took particular care of a guy who was struggling a bit with endurance in the legs. He made it work....
The terrain is vast and very very user friendly. Great alpine into gladed trees and then tree runs that are easy as and super fun.

If you've never done cat skiing this is a great lodge and team to try out.its not extreme at all but very good fun and plenty to get your fix.

After watching many different ski moves with Pemberton back country footage and vibe, I'm so glad we go to this operation, as it's worth it.

We will definitely be back next time we finish off a trip from the interior.

Hope this helps.