“Adorable little rustic get-away”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pemberton
Lillooet Lake Lodge
Reviewed June 9, 2009

If you are looking for something off the beaten path, complete with outdoor firepits and gorgeous sunsets, this is the perfect little get-away. Jacob and Elisabeth are charming and very helpful. We found a perfect campsite, right by the water with a little creek beside us to keep our drinks cold!! They have warm showers and outhouses for campers, but the cabins are spotless with running water and appliances. I'm definitely taking my kids back with me next time with another family, and enjoying the timeless dazing at the water, the nearby waterfall, canoeing and swimming. It was beautiful!!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TessaWhistler

Reviewed June 6, 2009

These cottages are in a beautiful, secluded location - the scenery is truly stunning. I can handle rustic cottages, but the couch in our cottage was filthy, and there were mice everywhere. When we arrived, the owner suggested to us that we "must make sure the screen door is closed so the mice don't get in"! Hm. It was difficult not to laugn, and needless to say, we woke up on our first morning to find mice droppings everywhere. The shower building could also use a cleaning. Not good value, considering what we paid per night.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with friends
5  Thank andy1454
Reviewed September 15, 2008

Beautiful location and mountain/lake view from waterfront property. Five rustic log cabins. And Jacob, the owner whose ethics were clearly only his. He told me when I booked cabins 1 and 2 for three nights two weeks prior to our arrival to bring $220 cash per night in order to save on the tax that he would charge me otherwise if I paid by credit card (this should have been a clue).

As gorgeous as the property was, the following other "details" greeted us upon arrival:

* sauna that was advertised as beng included was broken and would have cost $15 per visit had it been functional!
* canoes that were advertised as being included actually cost $12 per hour
* only cabin 1 had an advertised rustic oil lamp, not cabin 2
* fridge in cabin 2 did not close properly
* drain in cabin 2 sink was partially clogged

In light of these and other "details," our party of 5 adults and one 18-month old decided to stay only two nights instead of three. When we thus informed Jacob and his lovely wife Elizabeth on the second day of our stay, they seemed to take it as an insult. In fact, Jacob commented that in "23 years he had never dealt with anyone like us." It's rather interesting that 3 of the 5 reviews on this site of his accommodations also have rather harsh complaints. When I handed Jacob five $100 bills, he stormed off, smashing the door to his cabin before returning with the $60 change.

Upon arriving at work two days later, I received a telephone call from Jacob informing me that he could not fill cabins 1 and 2 for the 3rd night that we had originally booked and that consequently he would need to charge my credit card (I stupidly gave him the number when reserving) an additional $220 for that night. There is so much wrong with this tactic on his part that further explanation is unnecessary. Needless to say, I will be disputing this charge with my credit card company.

One last thing: In the BC Accommodation Guide, Jacob's cabins list for $79-99, plus $15 per addtional person. Cabins 1 and 2 were the most basic of the five he rented. Thus, the $220 for both of them per night sounds mysteriously high, especially with the promised "tax deduction."

It's a shame that such a lovely place has such a owner...

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank cichacech
Reviewed August 27, 2008

I phoned for information and the owner said that the fishing was not the best and was blunt and rude. It was as though he was not interesed in my business. He was unwilling to provide me with any other feedback about the place so I suppose that he does not want the business. I am an avid camper and will NOT be booking in with this man, thats for sure!

Stayed: August 2008
3  Thank troutsey
Reviewed June 24, 2008

Very difficult to get to unless you have a truck on an unsafe logging road. Falsely advertised by the owners of the lodge who insist on charging your credit card even though you can not make it to the lodge since you only realize this once you get there.

Stayed: June 2008
3  Thank naomi24
Reviewed November 7, 2007

wow..... NOT impressed!!!!! I called to ask if they had a cabin available for the long weekend and if they were pet friendly. the owner Jacob said yes, that cabin one was available. great. he then asked me if I had large dog I told him yes and then he asked me what kind. As soon as he found out what type of dog (rotti/shephard cross) he said "uhh no. i would have to be fair on the other guests staying here." My dog is friendly and travels everywhere with us. We are responsible and keep her on a leash, pick up her messes and respect others who aren't dog people. And really, like I would ask to bring a mean dog who runs loose and bits other guests. We just wanted a warm cozy place to spend the night and would be hiking and visiting the hot springs during the day. HOW DARE YOU DISCRIMINATE !!!!!!!

Stayed: November 2007
5  Thank Naturewanderer
Reviewed September 22, 2007

Lillooet Lake Lodge is a gem of a facility. It is quaint and rustic but with many modern conveniences (electricity and running water). The cabins are very clean and quiet and the climbing roses give the property a very European feel. The hosts, Elisabeth and Jacob, are very friendly and hospitable people who do whatever it takes to make you feel at home.
The road access to Lillooet Lake Lodge is perfectly fine. The road is gravel and a little bumpy in spots, drive slowly and you'll be just fine. No need to have a truck; I made the trip with ease in a Toyota echo!
For complete relaxation check out the nearby hot springs, a little further up the gravel road...again no problems getting there in a Toyota!
Perfect stay, will definitely return!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank mfuson77
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pemberton
Pemberton Valley Lodge
#7 of 49 in Whistler
The Log House Inn
The Log House Inn
#2 of 10 in Pemberton

Been to Lillooet Lake Lodge? Share your experiences!