“Lovely hotel, great location, highly recommend, would stay here again”

Pemberton Valley Lodge
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Pemberton
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Seattle, Washington
“Lovely hotel, great location, highly recommend, would stay here again”
Reviewed June 27, 2010

We stayed at Pemberton Valley Lodge for one night when we drove through Whislter on our way to Wells Gray Provincial Park. We got a great rate ($97) online two days before, but I would have been willing to pay more. We wanted to be outside of Whistler and PVL was perfect. Our room with kitchenette was beautiful, clean, quiet. The view through the ground-floor sliding glass doors was lovely. Secured parking garage was nice, although I would have felt fine parking outside. We did not use the facility's other offerings (pool, etc) due to our early morning schedule. The in-room coffee wasn't great but they offer a Starbucks coffee service (which we did not use). Desk staff was friendly and welcoming even with our late-night arrival. We got coffee & pastries & a loaf of bread for a picnic at the Blackberry Bakery and bought groceries (cheese, cherries, olives, sparkling water, tomatoes) at the Pemberton Valley Supermarket -- both places were fantastic. If we are ever through this area again, I would absolutely stay here again. In fact, I would stay here over Whistler any day.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CasualButNiceTravel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
North Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed May 29, 2010

Spent 1 night and that was enough me, although the place itself is nice the rooms cleanliness lacked, dust bunnies, crumbs on counter, cob webs in corners and such. They have a strict non smoking policy which is fine with me,but when I went outside for a smoke I didnt need the comment upon my return from front desk staff " You better not be smoking in your room " in front of other guests, apparently Im not or I wouldnt have been outside.
Upon my check out they must have put something on the computer about the incident because I was made to wait almost 20 minutes while they " Inspected my room for smoke " which they didnt find, nor did they discover the cob webs or dust bunnies I cleaned up the crumbs for them , its always good to know thier sense of smell works well its too bad thier eyesight doesnt.

Next time I'll stay in Whistler and make the commute

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank BCWONDERER
vancouver
Reviewed January 5, 2010

Hotel? More like Motel.
The rooms are small like a motel, there was no view like promised and the customer service was horrible.
They like to charge you for everything. Thats why the rates are so cheap!
The pool area was not even hot enough or warm enough to be a HEATED outdoor pool!
If you're a person with no expectations, this is the place for you!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank oneasiangirl
PembertonManager, Manager at Pemberton Valley Lodge, responded to this review, February 16, 2010
The definition of a motel is access to your room through an exterior corridor, access to the suites at Pemberton Valley Lodge is from interior hallways. Our suites range in size from 546SQ Ft to 836SQ Ft, they are some of the largest guestrooms in the region with all the amenities and services a guest could possibly need or want.
Pemberton Valley Lodge is certainly competitive with rates but also provides superior value, complimentary parking and internet are included and the taxes are less than neighbouring Whistler.
Our Hot Tub is located outside and is 41C year round, extreme temperature and continuous use at any given time may cause slight variations.
We hope that readers realize that the last 3 negative reviews are from the same group of disgruntled guests. As explained at check out, we take our policies with regards to smoking and partying very seriously. We have created a quiet tranquil resort environment that many guests have come to expect. Leaving rooms in the deplorable state that these guests did will not be tolerated.
Vancouver
Reviewed January 4, 2010

There were so many problems staying at this hotel, I would not recommend this place to anyone.
1. They lied about how close to Whistler it was. It is not 10 minutes away but 35 minutes away from Whistler

2. Check in is at 4pm, they checked us in about 5:40pm!! Luckily we had another room to wait but we missed our dinner reservations on New Years EVE!!

3. Jacuzzi was not hot enough

4. Customer service was very poor. Did not know what's going on, did not update us when our room was ready. We had to come down to WAIT in front of them til they finally got our room ready.

5. Heater was broken.

6. The pictures you see of the hotel is not what it actually looks like when you go there. The rooms are not roomy or spacious and the lodge is not very nice.

7. We were charged a cleaning fee of $150. We actually washed all the dishes and cleaned the room. This is discrimination and fraud! I'm not surprised the other reviews had the same problem being charged excessive fees. They say then have a strict policy but really they make their money on these charges! I know that now because I have read the reviews.

BE VERY VERY Cautious!! Bad reviews are more honest then good reviews. Good reviews could be the hotel itself writing them. I read one saying the hotel is 20 minutes away. That is not TRUE! it is 35 minutes away, $65 in Taxi fees.

CONSUMER BEWARE!!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jenny84Vancouver
Pemberton Valley Lodge is located 32km North of Whistler, driving time is 20 – 25 minutes travelling the posted speed limits. Nowhere on our website or in our printed collateral do we refer to being 10 minutes from Whistler.
Our check in time is 400pm and we do our best to ensure all rooms are clean and inspected for new arrivals, unfortunately during high season this is not always possible. The hotel did ensure that 1 of the 2 guestrooms booked was available at 4pm for this groups arrival. As for missing their dinner reservations on New Year’s Eve, doubtful and certainly not the hotels fault as the group left the hotel at 915pm back to Whistler. The writer fails to tell readers that they checked out at 100pm the next day, 2 hours later than scheduled check out.
Guests did not report the heater was not working in their suite, subsequently the next occupant of the suite did not have any concerns.
The images on the website and on the brochures are exact depictions of the suites ranging from 546SQ Ft to 836SQ Ft, the hotel does not use stock images of the rooms.
The cleaning fee was levied against the suite as a result of the deplorable state the room was left in.
It is important to know that hotels are not permitted to post their own reviews on TripAdvisor and this is very strictly enforced.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed December 28, 2009

Even if I started a blog www.thecynicalcustomer.com there is nothing cynical I could write about this hotel.

It was much better value than anything else in Whistler and I liked the room had a kitchenette. It was quiet and clean.
Nice swimming pool and hot tub (perfect way to relax after a day of skiing, not that I skied too much, being an eternal beginner ).

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
North Vancouver
Reviewed November 4, 2009

We were a group of middle aged golfers attending a tournement at the Beautiful Pemberton Meadows golf course. We booked 10 rooms or so in Early October, taking up most of the Hotel. We stayed 2 nights, checking in late on the first night, the second day entailed us going to the golf tournement, followed by dinner at the Golf club. When we returned we gathered in my room and the security came up to ask us to quiet down. We soon dispersed . The next morning at check out they charged me with an extra $150.00 for excessive noise. Since it was in my room we gathered, I paid it no problem. But next, my daughter checked out and was charged with the same thing. She had no one in her room at all, they were in my room partying. then they charged an additional 250 to me and 100 to my daughter. I am fighting this and will never reccomend this place to anyone. They are totally dishonest with thier dealings with people and obviously dont care about customer service. Cheaper and better in Whistler any day.

• Stayed October 2009
4 Thank Digger980
Bellstar, Manager at Pemberton Valley Lodge, responded to this review, November 12, 2009
Pemberton Valley Lodge takes the enforcement of its policies seriously and as a result this group felt that we were being heavy handed when in fact they got away quite easily considering the number of guests that their excessive noise and partying upset.
Excessive noise fines were clearly warranted and cleaning fees we levied against one of the suites as the condition of the suite was left in a terrible state. They had also removed blankets from our pool patio and removed a basket full of apples from our fitness studio that were found in one of their suites upon departure. The Hotel also takes its smoking policy very seriously and therefore posted a $250 levy against the guest as there was evidence of smoking in their suite.
We pride ourselves on being a quiet, relaxing resort and will not tolerate groups or individuals coming to disturb the peaceful and tranquil setting that we have created.
Harvie Heights, Canada
Reviewed September 21, 2009

We found the Pemberton Valley Lodge after we decided that the pre-Olympic madness of Whistler just wasn't for us. Pemberton is a little ways from Whistler, but I would go forth and back anytime in trade of for peace and tranquilness. The lodge is pretty well right on the highway but our room was towards the back and we didn't here a thing. They don't rent rooms, they rent suites - fully equipped with a kitchen that has everything from dishwasher to stove, a washer and dryer, gas fireplace, balcony and plenty of storage space. Everything is beautifully decorated. The bed very comfortable and cozy. There is an outside swimming pool that looks amazing but we didn't try it. The lodge also offers complimentary mountain bikes, which is a really nice touch. We stayed 3 nights instead of just passing through.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pemberton
Pemberton Gateway Village Suites Hotel
Crystal Lodge Hotel
#8 of 49 in Whistler
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,504 reviews
Summit Lodge Boutique Hotel

Been to Pemberton Valley Lodge? Share your experiences!