“Awesome place!”

Pemberton Valley Lodge
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Pemberton
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed March 28, 2006

My friends and I went up for a long weekend. We rented two studios right next to each other. We cooked in our rooms all weekend, went snow shoeing at local parks and say some live bands in Pemmberton at the local Pub (we dropped by the Legion beforehand). I would definitely go back, especially now that the highway to Whistler is widening - soon it will take 1.5 hours to get to Pemberton. We liked Pemberton because it was not as pretentious as Whistler, more small town B.C. They still had the fun atmospher. As for the hotel ammenities, the pool, hottub and gym were fantastic.

All and all a great time and we will go back.

• Stayed: March 2006
2  Thank Karen M
There are newer reviews for Pemberton Valley Lodge

A TripAdvisor Member
Pitt Meadows, B.C.
Reviewed March 11, 2006

We have just returned from a stay at Pemberton Valley Lodge. Three families plus grandma and grandpa. Perfect place to stay for our ski trip to Whistler. Rooms are large and completely equipped. The washer dryer is a bonus for all the wet ski gear. The pool and hot tub were great, the staff superb. We will definitely return.

Stayed: March 2006
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 9, 2006

The Pemberton Valley Lodge is a really nice place. My husband and I stayed there at the end of December 2005. At the time we were booking Whistler had a lot of snow and the room choices were scant over the Christmas/New Year's week we wanted to be there. Thus, the Pemberton Valley Lodge presented itself as a nice option for us. Asit turned out we could have stayed at all of the decent hotels as people totally cancelled their visits to Whistler due to the weather. We could not because we already had booked plane tix and pre-paid our hotel to lock in a great rate (bad move on our part).

The hotel is pristine and our studio room was quiet and lovely and well-appointed. I thought it was a great place if only we had something fun and engaging to do each say as we had hoped.

As it turned out, it rained/poured the entire time we were there (5 days!). We had hoped to use Pemberton as a base for snowshoeing, dogsledding, hiking and skiing down in Whistler. What ended up happening was we drove to Whistler each day hoping the rain would abate, but alas, it did not. There was no snow except high up on Whistler and Blackcomb. My husband was able to ski on bad snow way high and I was unable to take any lessons as there was simply no snow on the lower portions of the mountain. As for Pemberton, it is a sleepy little town with very lttle of interest to visitors except for grand mountain views and the drive to Whistler is a solid 20+ miles which in the fog and rain at night is less than optimal.

None of our travails were the Pemberton Valley Lodge's fault, we really liked it as a homebase, we were merely disappointed with the acutality of our vacation.

• Stayed: December 2005
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 28, 2005

Stayed 2 nights in a 1 bedroom suite. Room was pleasant, even with the tacky fake fireplace. But avoid rooms around #103. You'll be kept awake by the electric garage door just below opening and closing.

Also the advertised wireless Internet access doesn't work in the room. It costs $10/day extra and you have to go to the lobby to have a hope of using it.

• Stayed: November 2005
2  Thank directdude
Reviewed August 2, 2005

We had a family wedding near Pemberton, and had rooms reserved at the Pemberton Valley Lodge. New building was a pleasure. We booked a 1 bedroom suite so that we didn't have to share a room with the kids. They slept in the hideabed. Kitchen had all the amenities, and was well equipped with cutlery, plates, etc.

There were 2 large TVs, the one in the living room came with a DVD player. Satelite TV was available.

The swimming pool was heated, and the hot tub was at 40C. The exercise room seemed small (I didn't use it).

Indoor parking (would be a boon in the winter).

The only problem that I had was that the elevators (parking, main level, 1, 2) would 'reset' if held open too long, and then wouldn't work until restarted. This was described as a 'safety feature'.

The staff were friendly and helpful

I would definitely recommend the Pemberton Valley lodge.

• Stayed: July 2005
2  Thank m27
Reviewed March 10, 2005

Prior to our arrival at Pemberton Valley Lodge, I had read the terrible review by an obviously upset guest that had been the the Lodge, and I must say I was very worried that I was going to be wasting my money and time. However when I checked in, I was greeted warmly and the overall presentation of the Lodge was amazing. My room was spacious and the full kitchen and fireplace was a bonus. The pool and hot tub were so nice and warm! Although they were outside, that made it so much better with the beautiful mountain views. I had no problems with the shuttle to Whistler, the driver was hilarious. I will go back again soon.

• Stayed: March 2005
2  Thank Natchobusiness
Reviewed February 27, 2005

My wife and I just returned from a weekend stay at the Pemberton Valley Lodge and were very impressed with the hotel and facilities. I thankfully hadn't seen the previous review prior to our trip as we may not have ended up staying there. However, the staff were extremely courteous and I had no difficulty arranging shuttle service for our two days of skiing in Whistler. Our room was spacious and the full kitchen was a bonus - all with a beautiful view of the mountains. I think the highlight was soaking our sore muscles in the hot tub surrounded by beautiful snowy mountain peaks!

We will certainly stay at the Lodge in the future and will not hesitate to recommend it to family and friends.

4  Thank Lavalamp1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pemberton
Pemberton Gateway Village Suites Hotel
Nita Lake Lodge
#1 of 49 in Whistler
Coast Blackcomb Suites at Whistler
Fairmont Chateau Whistler Resort

Been to Pemberton Valley Lodge? Share your experiences!