All reviewsfront deskpool and hot tubone bedroom suitepool areawasher dryerminute driveunderground parkingsteam roomfire pitfull kitchengreat place to stayshuttle servicewhistler blackcombmilk and cookieshalf an hoursmall kitchenlong weekend
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Excellent place to stay in Pemberton. The main reason I say this if because of the rooms. My father and I stayed in a one bed room which was perfect because the bedroom is completely separate, with it's own door, from the living room where I stayed. His queen bed was very comfortable with nice bedding and my pull out queen couch was also comfortable. Very cozy living room with fireplace, dinning room table, FULL kitchen, washer/dryer, and our own little porch area. All the furnishings were modern, very comfortable, and the place was immaculate. They also have underground parking! The pool area has a great view of the mountains. There is a fully automated cappuccino/latte machine in the lobby area (you have to pay for it though) BUT if you are a SERIOUS and TRUE connoisseur of coffee, then MAKE SURE you go to Mt. Currie Coffee Cafe which is just a stroll down the road- PHENOMENAL espresso, lattes, and Americanos along with wonderful bakery foods.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kfar-Tavor
GuestServicesTeam, Director of Sales at Pemberton Valley Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Pemberton Valley Lodge. We take great pride in our guestrooms and have appointed them with many of the comforts you would find at home. Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

My husband and adult/older teen children spent 3 days at the Pemberton Valley Lodge. The staff were excellent. We had car troubles on the way in and they helped us find a mechanic. I went to the front desk multiple times for assorted items or questions and they were always helpful. Every staff member said hello even if just passing you in the hall.

We booked 2 rooms. One studio for me and my husband and a one bedroom suite for the kids. They were as described. Beds were comfortable. Kitchens had a large assortment of items so you could cook for yourself. The One bedroom had a full size fridge and stove/oven. heating/AC units worked well. Nice soaps and lots of hot water. Despite facing the highway the noise was not an issue. We did not use the pool but it looked very nice.

The things that bothered us were pretty minor and did not detract from me being willing to go again. But of course your own requirements may make these items be more of an issue.

--lack of sheers on the windows. This really should be addressed by the ownership. The view was nice enough even though looking out over parking lot and highway. I would have liked to allow the light into the room and not feel like I was exposed to everyone in the parking lot. And of course when the full drapes were closed the room was quite dim.

-- internet access was easy to sign into but was a bit intermittent. But in the grand scheme of hotel access it was better than many places.

-- games, books and DVDs were available from the front desk area. We enjoyed these but a newer selection would have been appreciated.

Room Tip: request a room not on the main floor so the lack of sheers is less of an issue.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
GuestServicesTeam, Director of Sales at Pemberton Valley Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

We appreciate the review you recently posted and the kudos you have extended to our staff. We believe that our employees have a special passion for the hotel and certainly for the Pemberton Area.
Thank you for your honest feedback, we value the opinions of our guests as they help us as we strive for excellence.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

myself and 18 others came to Pemberton to golf Big Sky Golf course Saturday and Sunday and with our package we were put up at the Pemberton Lodge. Beautiful suite rooms with full kitchens, washer/dryer, flat screen tvs. I could have moved in and been very happy with my view of the mountains, pool and hot tub and never left. One night was not enough.

Room Tip: The pool and hot tub are great but if you are wanting quiet I would choose a room not over looking the pool.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
GuestServicesTeam, Director of Sales at Pemberton Valley Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

Thank you for your comments, we appreciate you have taken to the time to tell other travellers about your experience at Pemberton Valley Lodge. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed April 15, 2012

Decided to take my wife to Whistler for some spring skiing. We live approximately 3 1/2 hours away and did not want to drive home after a day of skiing. We just wanted to relax and take in a little of the scenery etc. It was a fabulous day on Whistler, but rather frantic with the Telus festival going on. The short drive to Pemberton, which was beautiful, was well worth it. The views are stunning and the lodge was as billed. The rooms were nicely appointed, very clean and comfortable. I only wish I had remembered my swim suit; the pool and hot tub looked very inviting.

Check in was facilitated by a helpful young lady with a friendly smile, I believe her name was Brittany. She answered several questions about the local area without hesitation and was a great first " face" of the Pemberton Valley Lodge. We forgot one or two personal items which were readily appropriated. The underground parking is a nice feature and I was already planning a summer get away when I spied the complimentary mountain bikes available for guests.....what a nice touch.

Our room was very nice, with a great view and kudos to Evangeline for the immaculate condition of the same.
In the morning, our experience was much the same. The woman at the front desk, I believe her name was Candice was friendly, helpful and professional. She made me feel as though she genuinely was concerned that the guest had a nice stay.

Lastly, the value was much better than most of the hotels I have stayed in and refreshing when compared to the exorbitant rates we found when searching Whistler itself. For somebody who enjoys a little peace and relaxation with their outdoor weekends, this is a terrific place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
GuestServicesTeam, Manager at Pemberton Valley Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. There is no greater feeling then to be told you are doing a great job. We think that we have a very special hotel in a great location and superior value and it’s so nice to hear you feel the same. We are happy to pass along your kudos to our team and look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed April 12, 2012

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Whistler Blackcomb.com
GuestServicesTeam, Manager at Pemberton Valley Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2012