“We loved our (short) stay”

and 1 more site!
Greenwood Country Inn
Ranked #1 of 10 Pemberton B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 27, 2012

My wife and I were on a week long motorcycle trip through BC. I wanted to spend at least one of our nights at a B&B so chose the Greenwood Country Inn for our 6th night on the road. From my initial contact throughout our stay Margit was a perfect hostess and made us feel right at home. She even offered up garage space for our motorcycle which we appreciated very much. Her breakfast was second to none, the "Pemberton Egg in the Nest" was the delicious culmination to fresh fruit salad, homemade muesli, yogurt, and the view from the deck that I could have taken in all morning. Too bad we had to hit the road, the next time (and there will be one of those) we're going to stay more than one night. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bs54
Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. It is people like yourself that appreciate this place and the experience that comes with it, that keep me going. It was a pleasure meeting you and to exchange stories. I am looking forward to next time.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

My wife and were at the end of the first day of a B.C driving tour. We didn't even know Canada had B&B accomodation. No thanks to local signage found this treasure hidden in the forested hills above Pemberton village. On merely perusing the property our prospective host Margrit made us feel so incredibly special and welcome how could we refuse? Great decision! Spotlessly clean and dsapxious unit. Super comfortable, cosy bed. Great amenities and little personalised touches that added that homely warmth. Lovely outlook over the valley to distant mountains and easy access to to town. And...a "Healthy" filling breakfast to die for! If the priority was not to see more of this beautiful state in the week we had left before our flight home we could easily have stayed here in heaven! Thank you Margrit, you deserve to prosper indeed!

Room Tip: Go for the basement unit if you like room and a feel of independence.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
whistlergirl1960, Owner at Greenwood Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2012

Dear Guests. Thank you so much for your kind words of appreciation and the time you took to write about your experience.

Hopefully you will return one day again with more time to enjoy our establishment and the beautiful surroundings. In the meantime you motivated me to keep doing what I love to do.... Best wishes, Margit

Reviewed May 30, 2012

I originally booked a room at another B&B in Pemberton. There was a mistake with the booking service and the other B&B was overbooked so the other B&B made arrangements for us to stay with Margit at the Greenwood Country Inn. I was not too happy by starting out with this switcheroo, but was completely happy with Greenwood Country Inn.

The breakfasts were delicious and served on the patio with beautiful mountain views. Margit was very knowledgeable of the area and made suggestions on places we could visit after finding our what our interests were. The first night were were in the Dovetail room with a king bed. It was very firm and hurt my back. The next morning I told her that I unfortunately wouldn't be able to stay due to my back. Margit immediately offered us to stay in a room with a softer bed. This room turned out to be a suite with a kitchenette and living room area in addition to the bedroom. The bed was extremely comfortable and my back issues were resolved. We were not charged more due to changing to the larger room.

Margit was a wonderful hostess and did everything possible to make our stay pleasurable and comfortable. I will definitely be back and would highly recommend the Greenwood Country Inn to anyone staying in the Whistler / Pemberton area.

Room Tip: Dovetail has a firm King bed. The suite has a softer queen bed.
Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

Thank you Donna for taking the time to write about your experience. There is a reason for everything and I am glad that the detour brought you here. I was also really happy that the other suite came available to help your back with a softer bed. The Dovetail will get a less firm mattress shortly so you can rest assured in any of our beds during your next stay. Kind regards, Margit.

Reviewed May 22, 2012

I wanted to propose to my girlfriend in beautiful Pemberton, I was hoping to stay at a B&B that was warm and cozy - to add to the romance! I found this online and booked it after reading some positive reviews.

Upon arrival, we were greeted by the very friendly Margit, who showed us to our room, which was large, spotless and warm. The entire house was extremely well-appointed, including a great hot tub and large back deck with an incredible view. The breakfasts were delicious and the owner thoughtfully catered for every dietary need.

I am so very happy that I chose this. As a young couple, we honestly thought this place was PERFECT and will definitely be recommending this to our friends! Oh and by the way, my girlfriend said YES! :D

Room Tip: All rooms seemed quiet, spacious and very clean.
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

Dear Guests. It was wonderful to see you both so happy which created a beautiful atmosphere around you. Whenever life takes you back to this place it would be a delight to see you again. Wishing you the Best for your future.

Reviewed April 14, 2012

My husband and I have been at this B&B staying in a variety of rooms, from the downstairs suite to the loft upstairs. The breakfasts are so yummy and our host, Margit, was accommodating, friendly and took the time to make us feel welcome! We love staying here when we head to Whistler to ski. We have recommended this B&B to our friends and they have come back home with only the best compliments of the house, room and Margit. The views are also amazing.
It is just the perfect place to stay when you are in the Whistler area. We will be back!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lauriea324
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I can't complain about the service or cleaness of it all. It was all very very good. My biggest disappointment was the look of the place. It kind of feels like you are having a sleepover at your grandma's. The interiors is just really, really oldskool. Old - uncomfortable - victorian wooden chairs in front of the tv etc. A comfy couch would do wonders. So if you are a young couple (mid 20's, 30's), like we were, you might not really feel on your place, at all. Not really romantic. Furthermore everything great, but more for older people, for sure.

Room Tip: If you are a young couple, this is not the place to go.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Margitdehaan, Owner at Greenwood Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Dear Guests,

thank you for taking the time to make your opinion known. I was disappointed to read that the decor of your suite didn’t live up to your personal taste. It is unfortunate that you didn’t get to view the other rooms as they all vary in style and cater to people of all ages and especially to Romantics with the fascinating setting and the captivating views of mountains and valleys.

We had a couple staying with us that got engaged on the balcony of our Lovebird Suite and we have knowledge of 2 Baby girls that were born 9 months after their parents had visited our B&B. The one born last month is considered a miracle baby as the parents had almost given up hope that this could still happen. Maybe romance was just one of the helping factors since Pemberton’s potatoes are well known to enhance fertility…..; you might have noticed an abundance of strollers in town.

In the meantime I have followed your advice and placed a comfy couch in front of the TV which even matches the French settee. I hope you will be trying us again in the not too distant future to convince yourself that Love is in the Air at Greenwood Country Inn.

Best regards, Margit de Haan

Reviewed April 8, 2012

We had a great stay, delicious breakfast, enjoyed the house, super clean rooms. Margit is a great host, very knowledgeable about the area. This is a viable altenative to ovepriced Whistler hotels and you get double the value. Will return if I'm back in the area.

• Stayed: March 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pemberton
Pemberton Valley Lodge
#3 of 10 in Pemberton
The Log House Inn
The Log House Inn
#2 of 10 in Pemberton

Been to Greenwood Country Inn? Share your experiences!