All reviewsfriendly managerqueen bedkitchenwhistlersummercanadagarage
Reviewed August 7, 2017

I tried to book a night with the resident caretaker, Myson. There are forest fires currently in BC and he asked if I knew about the smoke. I chuckled because I am from Vancouver and am very aware of the smoke...not a big deal. However he then went on a tirade about how there's smoke everywhere in the Pacific Northwest, and unless I don't watch tv at all, I should know about it. I attempted to reply to explain that I was aware and the smoke is not an issue, but he cut me off and wouldnt let me talk. Then he abruptly hung up on me. I called back thinking it was a disconnected call. He answered, and I attempted to calmly ask if he hung up on me. He was distressed and said "I've 2 people drive up to Vancouver already (that didn't know about the smoke) I'd rather not take your reservation" and hung up on me again. Had he given me 3 seconds to actually answer, this could have turned out quite different.
Unfortunate. I was looking forward to bringing my family up for a few days.

Room Tip: No AC, but fans provided (apparently)
Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Pemberton G, Manager at Pemberton Gateway Village Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2017

Dear Ash: An apropos moniker for this discussion. Thanks for breaching the issue of Smoke. Currently as of this date 10/08/2017: there's heavy smoke throughout ALL of Southern British Columbia. Smoke extends past Alberta to Saskatoon in the middle of Saskatchewan, Washington, Idaho, Colorado, Northern California, not to mention Alaska, Yukon & NW Territories. It covers basically the majority of the western half of the WHOLE Continent. We have no control over acts of God & Climate Change. We do our best to always report weather & local conditions accurately. Pls feel free to use the live links to local traffic cams & weather reports provided of our webpages. We have guests that have had made great memories & had a great adventures despite the smoke: they've still gone all the way up Joffre Lakes to the 3rd & highest lake, swam at nearby One Mile Lake & headed to Nairn Falls. We've had others who deluded themselves, despite 3 or more phone calls accurately explaining the current conditions into believing there would be no smoke here.
We have an a priori problem solving policy. If guests have an issue with smoke, weather or pricing we prefer not to take any reservation in the first place. We realize there are many diverse venues out there as there are diverse guests. Our goal is to provide for those guests who’s needs we can best meet. Unfortunately it is a temporary condition far beyond our control to clear the smoke, that will be up to Mother Nature, when she sends us the next big rain. Myson Effa Manger Pemberton Gateway Village Suites Hotel

Reviewed July 4, 2017

Fist off, we would like to say a great thank you to the Pemberton Gateway Village Suites Hotel for the generous donation of a fridge for our farm use. This donation to our small farm has helped us greatly.

We also have recommended the Pemberton gate village suites to any friends coming through, because the times we have stayed at the Pemberton gate village suites were accommodating, comfortable and pleasant stay. The Suites are big, the bathrooms are really clean and the Manager and housekeeping staff are always making sure if we needed anything. As well, the suites are close to many good activities in the Pemberton aria.

out of all the hotels in Pemberton i must say that the gateways village suites hotel was the best place to stay in town.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank Elliot F

Dear Elliot F. Thank you for the 5 out 5 stars ☆☆☆☆☆. Thanks for your kind words that we’re “the best place to stay in town” & recommending us to your friends. We’re pleased that we could accommodate you when you returned to Pemberton Valley to resume farming. We’re pleased that we could accommodate your parents when they came to visit too.
Your welcome to the fridge. We’re glad it found a good home. We’re pleased we can help you, your farm, & a few other small farmers with a simple gift. The 3 Rs are very important to us. We try to reduce our environmental foot print in as many small ways as possible. The forgotten steps before Recycle are Reduce & Reuse. This is why we’re redistributed functional hot water tanks & fridges that were removed as part of preventive maintenance.
Your friends & family are always welcome. Myson Effa Manger Pemberton Gateway Village Suites Hotel

Reviewed June 28, 2017

At first it was tough to figure out where the reception desk was, but after following the directions, we were met with the most helpful manager who led us to our very spacious room and who helped us dial in our laundry needs. I will definitely choose to stay here again based on the the friendliness of the staff.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank Donny R
Pemberton G, General Manager at Pemberton Gateway Village Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2017

Dear Donny R. + 1:
Thanks for writing out a review & for rating us the 5 out 5 Stars ☆☆☆☆☆ for Main General Rating & Service; & thanks too for giving us the 4 out 5 Stars ☆☆☆☆ in Sleep Quality & Cleanliness. We’re glad you had a “Really Great Stay!", found our staff friendly, the unit spacious, & that we could set you up with laundry. A necessity when you & your associate are teaching kid’s BMX. We’re pleased that you’ll “definitely choose to stay here again.” We’ll see you 2, back again for your next business trip, up From Napa & Dallas, teaching another BMX Camp, or maybe just come up so you can get some riding in yourselves ;) Myson Effa Manger at Pemberton Gateway Village Suites Hotel.

Reviewed May 25, 2017 via mobile

You have tp phone the hotel when you are there. The manager tells you thatyou can park your car in the garage and take the lift to the 2e floor room 211. There he is.
The rooms are dated and some items should be replaced but you find evdrything in thr kitchen you want.

Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dcdekoning
Pemberton G, Manager at Pemberton Gateway Village Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2017

Dear Mr. & Mrs. De Koning:
Dank, Thank you for writing us a short review. Thanks too for giving us the 4 out 5 Stars ☆☆☆☆. Glad you found us staff friendly, & that the Kitchen had everything you needed. For the Record, our Hotel is just 6 years old, but built in a 100 year old Western Style with modern amenities. We are constantly up dating too: i.e. Fridges are 1 & 2 years old, microwaves & beds are mean age 1 year.

We hope you 2 had a great adventure in the mountains & that you take back great memories with you from Canada to the Netherlands. We hope to see you 2 again on your next trip across the pond :) Myson Effa Manger at Pemberton Gateway Village Suites Hotel.

Reviewed May 21, 2017

I stayed at Pemberton Gateway Village Suites Hotel for 2 nights and it was awesome! The suite is very spacious and was clean. Staff and manager are friendly. Also, there were a lot of beautiful sights to see and activities to do! The activities that I did included hiking to the first lake of Joffre park and trying out the RZR in Cougar Mountain. Very great and I recommend this hotel to everyone~

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank Reena V
Pemberton G, Manager at Pemberton Gateway Village Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2017

Dear Reena V: Thank you for taking the time to write us a short review, with your busy travel schedule. Thanks too for giving us the 5 out 5 Stars ☆☆☆☆☆, & thanks for recommending our hotel to everyone. We're glad you had an “awesome” stay. We're pleased too you found us friendly, & your suite clean, spacious & to your liking. We agree there are a lot of beautiful sights to see, & activities to do here in the Whistler Ski Area! You had a pretty full itinerary, for your short 3 days & 2 night stay: Whistler Village, Joffre Lake hike & ATVs with RZR on Cougar Mountain, to just name a few.. We hope to see you soon when, you get another break away from that big city on the prairie :) We'll see you next winter for your 2nd adventure in the Mountains! Myson & 'Ela, staff at Pemberton Gateway Village Suites Hotel. Posted by Myson Effa Manager