Pemberton Hotel
Lost Lake Lodge(Whistler)
Good 3.5/5
Glaciers Reach(Whistler)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsno elevatorbeer and winesmall roomremodeledfridgefurniture
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 6, 2012

While in Whistler we took a drive into Pemberton and dropped in at the the Pub which part of the Pemberton Hotel dated 1914. A place to meet the very friendly locals and discuss the daily news over a beer with some terrific lunch fare. My husband had the Spicy Chicken Burger and I had "the best Ruben I have every had" with a nice cold beer.
A visit to the local "General Store" is quite an experience also. One can find a guitar or riding chaps.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NGann
Reviewed March 5, 2012

We stayed here in February 2012. It is an older hotel but clean and the staff is pretty friendly. We had tried to get a room in Whistler but the cheapest we could find was almost $200 plus taxes. Our price at what the locals call the Pem Ho was $85 including the taxes. There is a diner downstairs and a pub also, where we got to chat to a few locals. Overall it wasn't too bad. It is only 20 mins from Whistler and Pemberton is an absolutely beautiful town. Don't highly recommend but if you are looking for good value, you get it at this hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get a room down the hall and not overtop of the pub.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank peter g
Reviewed January 1, 2012

When we arrived on new years day after a drive from banff, we thought this would be a great little stop over at a great price...how severely wrong I was. I write this review prior to enduring a full night at the pembo, for before I return I am lining all available blood cells with hard liquor to numb the event, much like a dentist injects pain killers until you feel nothing.
The initial lobby display was promising, clean and neat, but all was forgotten when the hotel counter operator arrived to check us in, in what seemed like slow motion torture. We eventually got the key and headed up the narrow stinking stair case to a putrid urine stained carpeted hall way, it seems a previous tenant missed the comunal toilet and used door 41...rank!
Put key in lock, turn knob, open door...amazing slap in the face from the decor and stench...I needed to use the bathroom but even my waste didn't want to be exposed to this dump.

Highly not-recommended!

• Stayed: January 2012
5  Thank Xwagon
Reviewed January 1, 2012

We arrived into the town of Pemberton not knowing what to think, but we found the most spectacular and authentic macdonalds I have ever seen, the timber construction was second to none. As we drove further into town we stumbled across the Pembleton hotel. As I walked in the door I vomited a little in my mouth. The receptionist was a creepy man who couldn't speak a lick of english. We then checked into the hotel and went up to our room which was like a sauna on steroids, once again my mouth filled with vomit. We put our bags down and left to the town of whistler. Before leaving a took a photo of my belongings scared that the creepy many might sniff my undies. I am about to return and I will post an update on the outcome.

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank jon11e
Reviewed March 2, 2010

Avoid this dump at all costs! The worst hotel we've ever stayed in.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple