“Very remember able experience” 5 of 5 stars

and up
Yamnuska Wolfdog Sanctuary Guided Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Yamnuska Wolfdog Sanctuary is dedicated to providing educational programs regarding wolves and wolfdogs in order to foster a greater understanding of the importance of preserving wild wolves in the natural environment, as well as providing rescue and safe sanctuary to wolfdogs that have been neglected, abandoned, or otherwise displaced. We provide visitors with a unique opportunity to interact with our wolfdogs and learn all about them. Guided Tours: A 45 minute visit to the sanctuary allows visitors to come right into the enclosures and interact with the wolfdogs. This is a great opportunity to learn the key differences between wolves and dogs, and dispel some of the many myths surrounding wolves and wolfdogs. It also gives visitors a fantastic photo opportunity to photograph the wolfdogs without obstructions. A reservation must be made as there is limited availability for this tour. Guided tours are offered at 10:30am, 12:00pm, 2:00pm and 3:30pm. Minimum age limit is 12 years old. These tours are $39 per person. Self Guided Tours: An interpretive walk around the sanctuary allows visitors to see our various enclosures and the wolfdogs that reside within them. It is a great opportunity to learn interesting facts about wolves and wolfdogs and explore the sanctuary at your own pace. As space is not limited, no reservation is required and drop-ins are welcome. Minimum age limit is 6 years old. These tours for a limited time are $15 per person.
California
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Very remember able experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

We were a group of 6 and felt this was worth doing. Everyone seniors down to teens enjoyed learning about wolf dogs. Georgina was very knowledgeable and interesting. I have to say I was a bit apprehensive about being around wolf dogs until I got to the property. Once I saw the set up, I was totally at ease, especially listening to Georgina. We were welcomed by singing wolf dogs and it sounded so cool, I wanted to get a video of it, but by the time I turned on my camera, it was over. Two of the wolf dogs ate out of our hand and one was even opportunistic to take treats from my husbands lap as he took a picture. The two males were a bit more reserved, but were happy to catch treats in the air from us. They got within 4-6 feet for those treats. We saw a wolf dog puppy and 2 mix breed lab puppies after that were so cute. I'm thankful I came out with so much more knowledge on the wolf dog and I have a greater understanding and appreciation for them. This took us about 30 min from northwest Calgary to get here and after we had a beautiful drive to Banff that took slightly over an hour. We are glad we took the time to do it. I think we'll remember this experience forever.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank sutrotower

Amherst, Massachusetts
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Support these beautiful wolf dogs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I admire Georgina de Caigny's passion and dedication to protecting and caring for these wolf dogs. There are currently five grown wolf dogs (Zeus, Nova, Kuna, Kaya and Nikki) at the sanctuary, plus three mixed breed pups that need loving forever homes. I believe there was also a wolf dog pup that was too young to have visitors yet. Georgina enthusiastically explains about her pack and their care. Visitors are asked to sit quietly in a row of chairs and to let the wolf dogs approach of their own volition. Treats are used to coax them. Kaya and Nikki are the least afraid and will find your treats even if you hide them in your pocket. Wolf dogs will happen, whether deliberately or accidentally, and Georgina hopes to educate the public on their behavior, needs and care. Yamnuska wolf dog sanctuary is definitely worth a visit, and worthy of your support.

Visited June 2014
4 Thank Niah707
Banff National Park, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“She knows her stuff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

This was a wonderful experience. Wear casual clothes that you don't mind getting a bit of drool or food bits on. There wasn't a question Georgina couldn't answer. She was so enthusiastic and passionate about her pack. Just the very best adventure.

Visited May 2014
3 Thank 26Leda
Sydney, Australia
140 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 149 helpful votes
“Fantastic experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

This is an amazing experience. Georgina does a great job telling you all about the wolfdogs. She obviously loves the wolfdogs and spends a lot of quality time with them. Therefore they respond extremely well to her. You sit on a seat during the whole experience and the wolfdogs come up to you for treats or a pat. A very natural way to spend time with these beautiful animals. Loved it!

Visited May 2014
4 Thank gazza53255060
Dublin, Ireland
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Meeting the wolf dogs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Original and worthwhile experience. The guide was very knowledgeable and interesting, I felt very safe and the wolf dogs were beautiful... My only criticism was getting the scraps of the treats as I got them all over me but not sure if that even counts. Can see why also it is not suitable for young children.

Visited April 2014