“Excellent Indian Food.”

Mehtab East Indian Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Mehtab East Indian Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 73 Restaurants in Cochrane
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Mehtab East Indian Cuisine is Cochrane’s premier choice for fine Indian cuisine. Located in the heart of Cochrane Alberta, only a 20 minute drive from Calgary, we are proud to serve authentic Indian cuisine made from only the freshest ingredients and finest spices. Each dish has its own exotic taste and fragrance. We are also proud to be able to cater to most allergies so let our staff know at the time of ordering. With a spacious dining area and a strong focus on excellent service, our courteous staff goes the extra mile to make you and your family feel at home. Join us for our daily lunch Buffet (open Sunday-Friday from 11:00 AM until 4:00 PM) or for dinner (open daily from 4:00 PM until 9:00 PM). Either way, we aim to make your dining experience with us an unforgettable one. Whether you’re a meatatarian, vegetarian, or looking for gluten-free fare,dairy free, nuts free, special orders or catering we welcome you to Join our tradition of Excellence!
Reviewed February 10, 2013

My husband and I love this place and go often. The fish pakora are our current favourite but everything is good. Nice clean restaurant. Good for eating in or take out. The prices are reasonable, considering its Cochrane and not always very busy. Hope they're around for a long time!

4  Thank Debbie R

Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Finally a lamb Vindaloo with appropriate heat selections! We got one level down from 'extreme' and it was great. Very tasty Nam breads. The rice was made with real saffron. The other dishes were very flavorful. I would gave preferred more spice in the veg and also meat samossas. Budget $25 per head if you are hungry plus drinks. We have eaten a lot of Indian over the years and will return here for sure.

3  Thank christobe
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Excellent service - friendly and helpful. Strip-mall restaurant, but it was very clean and comfortable. The food was outstanding, the Lamb Vindaloo was hot/spicy and the meat was very lean and tender. The food star, for me, was the Clay Oven baked Chicken Tikka Achari - melt in your mouth. I would recommend their lunch buffet so that you can try a bit of everything.

2  Thank GrittyMan
Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

Awesome food and friendly service. The dinner for one has three selections plus rice, naan, and dessert. Ask them to make it completely veg! Let my photo speak for itself! Yummmmm

2  Thank TheVeggieNomad
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Called in for the Sunday buffet here whilst on holiday from the UK. The buffet represents very good value for money as it's an all you can eat dish.

I regularly eat Indian food at home where it's as popular as Mexican food is in the US and Canada, (perhaps more so as we have a large contingent of Indian, Pakistani and Bangladeshi families living there).

The pilau rice was a little dry, but I was very pleased with the rest of the dishes on offer. The Beef in the Rogan Josh was very soft and delicious and the Chicken Vindaloo was nicely spiced, ie you could still taste the food, (back in the UK Vindaloo is too spicy for many palates).
Their onion bahjis were small and delicate, and I was happy to see Kingfisher beer on offer.

For me though the star of their show was the divine Naan bread. I love Naan bread anyway, and it usually comes in large tear shaped rounds at home. The Mehatb version was much thinner, cut into slices and well toasted to a crisp outer shell. I loved it and asked for more.

The staff are extremely polite and friendly, and I would definitely return here.

1  Thank CaptFishy