“Delish Food”

Ranked #11 of 180 Restaurants in West Vancouver
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Family owned and operated, world famous fish and chip restaurant in beautiful Horseshoe Bay, West Vancouver.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We have eaten fish and chips here last year. They were so good that we specifically came back to Troll's restaurant again. We were not disappointed.

Date of visit: August 2019
Write a reviewReviews (598)

Reviewed September 12, 2019

I have to admit, freely, that for once due to the most frustrating day at St. Paul's, and being screwed up with B.C. Ferries, we found we had 1 1/2 hours to lose. Our choice is: sit in the car and bemoan the fact of what had just occurred or get up, dust ourselves off (sounds like a song, doesn't it?) and find a place to eat.

Don says he had heard about the BEST Fish and Chips here and I am thinking who told him that? Anyway, off we go and walked into Troll's Fish and Chips. I had a joking 'vent' to the Restaurant Hostess and then we sat down.

This restaurant is truly one of the best. They had a "Happy Hour" special of a bottle of wine for 1/2 price. I have only ever heard of specials on glasses of wine not the bottle. Okay, here is humble pie....I like a Pinot Grigio and there were two shown. I picked a Wayne Gretzky Okanagan Valley wine and, I have to admit, it is one of the nicest wines I have had the pleasure to consume. No lie, and they bagged it up and we brought it home.

The meals came out without a long delay with our server, Cole leading the way. This young man had the most pleasant smile and demeaner, I jokingly asked Don where our #3 child was. This, also, was a huge surprise. It IS the best Fish and Chips since we moved to the Island more than 3 years ago. Does it sound like we really like this place? I hope so.

We are thinking that missing the Ferry was not such a bad deal. If you miss the Ferry and have the time, go here and order the Fish and Chips.

We WILL be back.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed September 11, 2019 via mobile

Try their veggie burger and fish tacos. Believe me best place to stop by when u r in west vancouver. I stop by for a quick breakfast before taking a ferry

Reviewed September 8, 2019

Years ago it was quite OK to hang out at Trolls for breakfast while waiting for the ferry. Today Trolls is an industrial kitchen (I feel sorry for the help) staffed by cooks who must hate having to put out a lowest-common-denominator breakfast of eggs, toast, bacon, sausage, and some kind of brown-chunk factory potatoes they refer to as "hash-browns." For that you pay just as if you were getting something enjoyable.
Just get a sandwhich across the street.

Date of visit: September 2019
1  Thank Vin-de-Pays
Reviewed August 31, 2019

Stopped in for dinner coming back from Whistler.
We weren't disappointed : we had cod, halibut and salmon dinners plus a caeser salad.
Everyone was happy with their food.