“Big Disappointment”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Olive & Anchor

Olive & Anchor
Cuisines: Canadian, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Overlooking the waters of Horseshoe Bay, Olive & Anchor offers casual, great value dining for breakfast, lunch and dinner served in a relaxed atmosphere by friendly and professional staff. Our menu is all about simple, home-made, un-fussy and delicious food using only fresh produce.
West Vancouver, BC
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Big Disappointment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Maybe we were just unlucky but the food was mediocre at best. My steak was overcooked, my wife's calamari were more batter than meat, she ran out of sauce, requested more, it never came.
My oysters in the half shell were good and the only thing that saved the experience from being a complete disaster.
Could be we were expecting too much. Maybe the place is a hamburger joint and you should stick to that..If there is a "next time" I'm going to get a burger of some kind.
The North Shore's best Fish and Chips are around the corner at C Lovers.

• Hungarian first
Delta, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unexpected”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

My dad and I stumbled upon this restaurant while waiting for his ferry. We only had a little less than an hour to find a place to eat and we were in a bit of a hurry. We walked in and the atmosphere was so pleasant. The interior was lovely and extremely clean. The staff was incredibly friendly. We told our server what time we had to be out of there for the ferry and she said we will make sure that you have plenty of time to make it. I ordered the anchor burger and she helpfully let me know that it would take 20 minutes. My burger came out of the kitchen piping hot and beautifully made in 12 minutes. Under promise and over deliver. The side salad was no flimsy wilted salad like most side salads usually are. This one had crisp salad leaves, cranberries, honey glazed nuts, edamame beans etc. The burger by far was the best burger I have ever had, And my dad made it to his ferry with lots of time. I would make the 2 hour bus trip from delta to horsehoe bay to eat there even if I did not have a ferry to catch. It is that good. Also the prices are exceptionally reasonable.

1 Thank Shona A
Minnesota
“Wonderful restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

We happened by the Olive and Anchor on our way back to Vancouver from Whistler and we were very glad we did. The oysters, crab cakes and seafood ciopino were all excellent. The service was outstanding. Wish we had more time to come back again and highly recommend it to anyone wanting a casual restaurant with outstanding food!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Bubbles2055
West Vancouver, Canada
“Great Service/Food; Excellent Location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

My family's experience at Olive & Anchor was very good. The location is prime; it is right on Horseshoe Bay's main street. I had the steak with mushroom sauce and Yukon gold mashed potatoes; it was great. I also tried my relatives curry chicken which was excellent. My mother and girlfriend had the New England clam chowder/salad/bread combo. From what I heard it was very good, other than the fact that the bread was not as fresh as desired. Our server was very polite and very attentive. I recommend this restaurant to all families!

1 Thank LaCucinaRistorante
Canada
“Best casual restaurant in West Vancouver!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

This little restaurant is quaint and charming. The service is fantastic with very friendly hostesses and waitresses. The food is adorable and you are given large portions. The menu is varied and offers everything you could want including fresh seafood.
The bread pudding dessert was super delicious. I will definitely be back its the best casual restaurant in west vancouver and most definitely the best in horseshoe bay. Its leaps and bounds better than nearby Troll's.

1 Thank Canadiatravelgoddess