“You call that a salad”

Ranked #11 of 153 Restaurants in West Vancouver
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 14th & 15th St.
Transit: Blue Bus Routes: Vancouver 250, 251, 252 Park Royal 253 Lynn Valley 255 UBC 258
Description: Carmelo's has been the mainstay of Italian dining in West Vancouver for over twenty years. As fresh today as it was at the beginning. Carmelo's offers a cozy dining experience for all ages and tastes. Featuring a wood fired pizza oven to give you arguably the best pizza in Vancouver, pastas to make your mouth water and entrees ranging from fresh local seafood, lamb rack and numerous veal dishes. The fresh sheet is just that, fresh. The menu is not overly "fussy". Carmelo's is the comfort food place that the locals drop in for a bite to eat without hurting the budget.
North Vancouver, B.C.
“You call that a salad”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

A few of us had lunch at Carmelo's it was actually very busy. Two ordered a salad, one was just a head of butter lettuce, 3 black olives on side that's it!!!! The other salad was never figured out what it was, just awful. Another had an appetizer very small placed in a huge plate which made it look even smaller. The only good dish was a pasta one. The service was very poor, one of us ordered a wine, never got it. We had such poor service that we seemed like we were one of the last to leave. We were almost ushered out, shaking table cloths, picking up our cups etc when we had not finished. In other words...get out. None of us will ever go back. Do not order a salad.magpie014

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank magpie014

“Disclosure of prices”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Great place but they do not disclose the prices of their specials. I find it embarrassing in front of friends to have to ask. Not all us WV types are rich.

• Visited December 2013
Peter O, Owner at Carmelo's Ristorante Italiano, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Thank you for your comment. It is a tricky subject, when telling specials to guests do you mention the price or not? Some guests may take offense that you say the price as it may imply that they can not afford it, others may take the opposite view. Our specials are always written with prices on the blackboard at the only entrance to the restaurant. I am very sorry that you did not see or read the blackboard at the front door. I would also mention that one of are regular specials is a little out of our usual price structure (lobster & crab ravioli, tiger prawns with a white wine lemon butter sauce) which I have adjusted by lowering the price and portion size to bring it in line with our other specials and their price points. I hope you will return to Carmelo's and introduce your self to me, I would love to buy you a glass of wine to say thank you for you feed back.
“Best Duck Entree ever!”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I love duck and rarely cook it myself. So whenever I can order it at a restaurant I do. I have eaten Duck all over the world and the other night Carmello's served me the tastiest Duck meal I've enjoyed. Tender, perfectly cooked, excellent flavour and not too fatty. The meal came with mashed potatoes with herbs, sautéed spinach and roasted beets.

I have eaten at Carmello's before and the food is above average, but this time they hit the ball out of the park! Well done!

• Visited December 2013
Thank you. I have to agree Adam the Chef works magic with Duck Breast. His Seafood is just as good.
Vancouver, Canada
“Great service, good atmosphere but very mediocre food.”
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

I tried the restaurant again after a few years. The place has a good ambiance and the service was very friendly and efficient. However, I didn't think much of my pasta dish. It was seriously tasteless. My friends found their food to be ok but not great. The tomato/burrata dish was fine

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Amyn A
“Lovely little restaurant”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Delicious food (starters and mains), perfectly attentive service. I would recommend it to anybody looking for a casual but fresh and well-prepared meal. House wine was very good too.

• Visited October 2013