“Way overpriced but a nice view”
Review of The Salmon House

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Ski Lift Road
Description: The window-wrapped dining room offers unparalleled views of Vancouver, Stanley Park and the surrounding Burrard Inlet . The Salmon House is world renowned for its fresh seafood and comprehensive BC wine list ; accentuated by breath-taking views, warm comfortable surroundings and native art decor.
Reviewed July 26, 2020 via mobile

Went for dinner last night and thought the service was great but that the food was way overpriced. We started with the pan seared scallops which, at $6.50 each, we imagined would be of a good size. They were tiny. Tasty but tiny. We had three each so it came to almost $40 just for the scallops. My wife had the halibut which was perfectly prepared and tender.

I have the 16 ounce rack of lamb which I had to send back because it was under cooked. I found it to be rather chewy and at $55 way overpriced.

With two drinks and the tip, the bill came to over $200.

Date of visit: July 2020
3  Thank Peterprev
Write a reviewReviews (476)

Reviewed July 25, 2020

Good food. Beautiful view of the city. Good service. I usually end up at The Salmon House at some point during a Vancouver visit and it's been consistently good for many years. A salad and spring rolls to start. Very good. This time my wife had the salmon Wellington, which, while I'd hesitate to call it "Wellington", was very good, as was my sablefish. Both plates well presented with a different variety of vegetables for each. Definitely recommended.

Date of visit: July 2020
1  Thank Ken1846
Reviewed March 10, 2020

Was there last Sunday for brunch. The weather was with us and of course the view was outstanding. We always take out of town guests here for just that reason, as well as the fabulous west coast décor.
As I was not that hungry, had the apple/fennel salad and it was a perfect size. Our guest loved the seafood pasta dish.
Service was, as always, great.

Date of visit: March 2020
3  Thank suzabella60
Reviewed March 1, 2020 via mobile

Went for a Sunday Brunch. The service was super slow. Waited for ever for our food. The pancakes were delayed and came out even later than the rest of the food. Overall the food was ok. Smallish portions for the price. You definitely pay for the view and the “West Vancouver” setting. Not worth it over all.

Date of visit: February 2020
3  Thank J_A_Travels1
Reviewed January 26, 2020

Last night my wife, myself and a close friend ate at the Salmon House. It has been quite a while since we last enjoyed a meal at the Salmon House as my wife has a fish and seafood allergy but our friend loves seafood and this is the place to satisfy his food choice.
Our reservation was handled efficiently and our request for a window seat was met.
Much to our delight there was a special “Vancouver eat out” three course menu as well as their usual menu. We all took advantage of this special menu. Our friend ordered the coconut and carrot soup as an appetizer then salmon with vegetables and mashed potatoes. He waited to make his decision regarding desert. My wife ordered a regular beet and goat cheese salad for her appetizer. As expected she ordered beef filet which had several vegetables and fingerling potatoes. She also ordered her desert later. I ordered the Salmon House sampler which was three variations of seafood with a tasty dipping sauce. I also had the beef filet. I pre ordered my desert which was a flourless chocolate cake.
In addition our friend ordered a glass of white wine to go with his fish dish while my wife had a glass of red wine to compliment her beef.
Our meals arrived within a reasonable time period. We were pleased that our beef was done exactly to our specifications. I should point out that bread is not included with the meal and is an extra expense. My friend and my wife later decided on the flourless chocolate cake for their desert.
We were all delighted with the entire dinner. In addition both our waiter and the young girl bussing were very helpful and friendly.
Even though my wife has a seafood allergy, we definitely will be back soon as they obviously have items on their menu for persons like my wife.
The whole evening was a huge success thanks to the Salmon House on the Hill.

Date of visit: January 2020