“Even better this time”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Ski Lift Road
Description: The window-wrapped dining room offers unparalleled views of Vancouver, Stanley Park and the surrounding Burrard Inlet . The Salmon House is world renowned for its fresh seafood and comprehensive BC wine list ; accentuated by breath-taking views, warm comfortable surroundings and native art decor.
Reviewed January 26, 2020

Last night my wife, myself and a close friend ate at the Salmon House. It has been quite a while since we last enjoyed a meal at the Salmon House as my wife has a fish and seafood allergy but our friend loves seafood and this is the place to satisfy his food choice.
Our reservation was handled efficiently and our request for a window seat was met.
Much to our delight there was a special “Vancouver eat out” three course menu as well as their usual menu. We all took advantage of this special menu. Our friend ordered the coconut and carrot soup as an appetizer then salmon with vegetables and mashed potatoes. He waited to make his decision regarding desert. My wife ordered a regular beet and goat cheese salad for her appetizer. As expected she ordered beef filet which had several vegetables and fingerling potatoes. She also ordered her desert later. I ordered the Salmon House sampler which was three variations of seafood with a tasty dipping sauce. I also had the beef filet. I pre ordered my desert which was a flourless chocolate cake.
In addition our friend ordered a glass of white wine to go with his fish dish while my wife had a glass of red wine to compliment her beef.
Our meals arrived within a reasonable time period. We were pleased that our beef was done exactly to our specifications. I should point out that bread is not included with the meal and is an extra expense. My friend and my wife later decided on the flourless chocolate cake for their desert.
We were all delighted with the entire dinner. In addition both our waiter and the young girl bussing were very helpful and friendly.
Even though my wife has a seafood allergy, we definitely will be back soon as they obviously have items on their menu for persons like my wife.
The whole evening was a huge success thanks to the Salmon House on the Hill.

1  Thank nsoldgoat
Write a reviewReviews (476)

Reviewed January 20, 2020

I had not been to the Salmon House in years but had relatives in town and thought it would be a location for brunch. The view of the city from there is amazing and the food was very good. I recommend this if you have guests in town, I will be back.

2  Thank Stephen D
Reviewed January 15, 2020

I like this restaurant for a few reasons. We ate here the night we got engaged in 1993, we filmed a meeting here when we did Love It or List It, the seafood is very good, great wine list, unbeatable view of the sunset, and Vancouver.
We sometimes have a drink in the lounge area to listen to live jazz. This is a Vancouver classic.
Brunch lunch and dinner are all good.

2  Thank JoySeaYVR
Reviewed December 28, 2019 via mobile

The place never disappoints with the best options for salmon and all the lovely sides and desserts. Nice atmosphere for conversation and the view of the water and cargo ships from west van is peaceful and catch a sunset for awesome colors! Great service and have been a number of times - always leaving satisfied and smiling!

Date of visit: October 2019
2  Thank nolessthan4me
Reviewed December 12, 2019

Here with friends, and we all had something different. 7 different meals and each person said their was the best. From scallops, salmon (3 different ones on 1 meal), tuna and so too many to mention.
Service was great, food was hot and all the orders were right. Dessert choice was good as well
Can not wait to visit again when we are in Vancouver again

Date of visit: December 2019