“Good change of direction”
Review of Dundarave Fish Market - CLOSED

Dundarave Fish Market
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 24th Street
Transit: Take a West Vancouver blue bus along Marine along Marine Drive from Park Royal Shopping Mall all the way to Dundarave Village. Get off at the Dundarave stop. We are on the north side of the street.
Description: Dundarave Fish Market, nestled in the heart of Dundarave Village in West Vancouver is just the place!This uniquely characteristic locale showcases some of the most tantalizing fruits of the sea...Such as fresh fish and shellfish, delicious crab cakes, succulent wild salmon, halibut caught exclusively for the Dundarave Fish Market and so much more! Complete with an inviting dining room, semi private dining room, charming martini bar and heated outdoor patio, our expert chefs will prepare your desired delicacy. We hope to see you sipping cold refreshments on our patio soon!
Reviewed May 29, 2013

When a ship has been on the same course for too long it is sometimes necessary for a course correction. This seems to be what has happened at the Dundarave Fish Market. For many years it enjoyed great popularity but more recently is had slipped in service standards. Happily it appears that the addition of a new General Manager has brought about the needed course correction and the future again looks bright. My recent dinner experience was excellent. The food, as always, was wonderful and the new sharpness and professionalism of the staff has once again put this restaurant on the short list of great places for lunch or dinner on the North Shore. It has more than earned a second chance.

2  Thank FergusVancouver

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I recently lunched at the Dundarave Fish Market and had a delightful meal- the crab cakes! They were awesome. The service was great and the atmosphere in this quaint little spot will have me coming back. It is my new 'go to' place when craving seafood.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Not sure if it's about the new ownership, which is about two years now, but I'm finding a depressing number of clunkers when I visit these days, even though I still love coming here. Not sure how long my patience will hold out.

Last night the edamame was cold, had been sitting around. We asked to have it warmed up and it came back nuked: the beans all mush. The halibut wrapped in prosciutto was wonderful, though, both visually a delight and very tasty, even if the halibut might have been a touch dry. The seafood chowder was anything you'd want in a creamy white chowder, the best part of the meal for me. But my favorite dish at this place is their Riptide Squid and this night it was disappointing: the squid was dry and overcooked, skimping on the sauce, and not a trace of tobiko in the mayonnaise.

To their credit they took the edamame off the bill. But I'll be just that little bit more hesitant next time we talk about dropping in here.

3  Thank paulbeserene
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Went for lunch the other day and had great service. Was there for a meeting and asked the server for a quiet table which she gave us. Since it was close to the kitchen and they were doing something loud in there, the server (without my asking) also went into the kitchen and asked them to stop whatever it was they were doing until after we were done.

Everything we ordered was great, especially the chowder! Small menu but more than enough on there to make me go back again soon and try a few other things out!

Reviewed January 22, 2013

This restaurant is a small venue. It has expensive food but average tasting repasts with a limited menu. The one thing that I remember is that the tabletop was sticky and you could see the left over spill of something from the customer before us. I requested a server clean it up again which she did with much apology. Would I return? In a word, no!