“Best IN Greater Vancouver”
Review of Bay Moorings

Bay Moorings
Ranked #107 of 158 Restaurants in West Vancouver
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The restaurant is upstairs and overlooks the active Horseshoe Bay Ferry Terminal, Lots to see, the food is always very good, service is great, drinks are good. The experience has always been the best of any restaurant in greater Vancouver. It is always a pleasure to go there with friends or just the two of us. You will love it...

1  Thank vicwiebe

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Visited the Bay Moorings twice this week. Had been here many years ago but rediscovered it recently and WOW.

Had Dinner and Lunch and here were the favorites;

The prawns in Garlic sauce (Amazing)
The Salmon Salad with Avacodo
Sable fish special for dinner

and for dessert the Creme Caramel was one of the best that I have had!!

Reviewed September 7, 2012

We chose to try the fish and chips at Bay Moorings so that our Vancouver Island friends could enjoy the beautiful view while awaiting their ferry. While the view and ambiance were not disappointing, the fish and chips were dreadful.
The photograph on the Bay Moorings website shows a huge piece of fish dominating the plate. It's golden, rectangular and much larger than the portion of fries. Unfortunately, each of the two pieces of fish in my order were almost square, roughly the size of the central palm of my hand. I believe we were paying top dollar for our fish and chips, but the quality and portion size were both disappointing.
Love your restaurant, Bay Moorings... hope you review your fish and chips!

2  Thank Wendy S
Reviewed September 7, 2012

First, I don't write reviews but this was so disappointing I have to. We ordered food and it took forever to come. We ended up having to get it to go because after40 minutes of waiting our ferry arrived. We got to the car 4 minutes later. The bruschetta was so disgusting. The bread was so mushy it was almost falling apart. not possible in a 4 minute walk. It must have been sitting there for ages. We asked for balsamic vinaigrette on our salad and they put balsamic vinegar in it. My Caesar drink was horrible (and I am not hard to please with a Caesar). So disgusting. My husband liked his sangria though!!!

1  Thank Sheldrake181
Reviewed August 17, 2012

While waiting for our ferry to Naniamo we sat on the roof deck of the Bay Mooring restaurant watching the comings and goings of other ferries and water craft. The chowder was the special of the day (perhaps every day) and we enjoyed every morsel. Lots of seafood packed inside. The beer helped wash it down in the heat of the afternoon. Only one detraction are the hydro wires obscuring the view of the harbour. Staff were very accommodating.