“Great Italian food, great wine list” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mangia E Bevi

Mangia E Bevi
Reserve with OpenTable
Mangia E Bevi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 153 Restaurants in West Vancouver
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 22nd St.
Transit: Blue Bus Routes: Vancouver 250, 251, 252 Park Royal 253 Lynn Valley 255 UBC 258
West Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Great Italian food, great wine list”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

The food is excellent. The wine list is extensive. The owners give back to the community to many worthy charities which makes spending money here feel good. Relaxing atmosphere and fantastic Italian cuisine.

Visited March 2013
3 Thank Katherine M

Abbotsford, Canada
“Marvelous evening at Mangia E Bevi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

It has been many years since I've eaten at Mangia E Bevi. I recall the food was very good. We had company visiting from out of town and when my husband suggested Mangia E Bevi I thought it would be nice to revisit the restaurant.

The restaurant is beautiful. It's softly lit and yet it's not too dark.You can easily read the menu without having to shine a light on it. The tables are beautifully set with white linens and fine china. It is suitable for either a romatic evening or a nice evening out with friends as it is what I would call upscale casual. Tables are nicely spaced so you're not sitting on top of other tables and you can coverse easily with your companions. It's not stuffy or snobby and sefvice is very polished. Our waitress knew when to approach the table to do a check and when to just leave us to enjoy each others company.

They have a marvelous pasta dish that is not on the menu. My husband and I enjoy it and we always order it when we dine here as it is a bit different and not something that is common to most restaurants. They call it Spaghetti Mangia. If you get the chance you should request this dish. It is absolutely amazing. The spaghetti is servied with minced chicken, black beans various spices and I believe Chili's. It has a slight bite to it and is absolutely delicious. The spaghetti was perfectly cooked al dente. My husband and I shared this for an appetizer. Our friends both had procuitto and olives. It was a very generous serving and our friends thoroughly enjoyed it. Nice crusty bread and focaccia bread was brought to the table with olive oil and balsamic vinegar for dipping. For entrees I had the Cornish game hen, my husband and one of our friends had Pistachio crusted Alaska Black Cod and one of our friends had a Goat cheese salad. The servings are very substantial. I gave my husband 1/2 of my cornish game hen, I gave my friend a generous bite and I was still very full after I finished my entree. The cornish game hen was amazing. The skin was very crisp and flavorful and yet the meat was very moist even the dark meat. I had this chicken at Gusto de Quattro since they cook it the same way. At Gusto de Quattro it was dry and tasteless. When I sent it back they said that was the way it was supposed to be. They need to find out from Mangia E Bevi how to cook the hen. My husbands black cod was also delicious. It was nicely crusted with pistachio and the flish was flakey and oh so good. All entrees ver accompanied with a nice selection of vegetables. My husband and I shared molten chocolate cake with cherries and ice cream for dessert. It was wonderful. The cherries were baked right in the cake and when you dug into the cake the molten chocolate and cherries just oozed out of the cake. Amazing. Our friends had tiramisu and ginger creme brulee for dessert.

Someone from LA had commented on the high wine prices. For the Vancouver area their wine prices are not that bad. We know what the wine prices are like at the liquor store and my husband said that Mangia E Bevi's prices are just over double what you would pay at the liquor store. Many restaurants seem to charge 2 1/2 to 3 times what the actual cost of the bottle is.

It was a terrific evening and we would certainly make a repeat visit. I highly recommend Mangia E Bevi. Request the Mangia Spaghetti. It's amazing.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank vbrother
“Another lovely meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

We took some old friends who we're visiting Vancouver and wanted an Italian meal.Always nice when visitors enjoy one of your favourite restaurants. The food was great, the lobster salad especially! The steak and rack of lamb were perfectly cooked.Service was quick & courteous. Memorable evening ,thanks !

Visited September 2013
Los Angeles, CA
“Very Good Food, Very Good Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

If you are looking for great Italian food in West Vancouver, this is an excellent choice. We ordered the Beef Carpaccio (excellent), Mushroom soup, Fig and Burrata Tart (excellent), Aglio & Olio Spaghetti, Lobster Ravioli (excellent), and Crusted Halibut (excellent). Owner and staff are very gracious and make you feel at home. Portions are plentiful and you will not leave hungry. The only thing you need to be aware of is the least expensive bottle of wine is about $42, and the average cost of a descent bottle of wine is about $75. We found this a bit pricey for the type of wines offered. Other than that, a wonderful experience.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Critics_Critic
Vancouver, Canada
“Incredibly good meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

We went to Mangia E Bevi for a family Sunday dinner and had an incredible meal. Everything was first rate from antipasti to dessert. My rack of lamb was more generous than any I have had and was juicy, tender and tasty. Unlike in many restaurants of its class, the entree came with a nice election of vegetables, perfectly cooked. A ginger creme brulee was full of flavor and topped off a wonderful dining experience. Will definitely go back - often.

• Visited September 2013