“Birthday Brunch at Fraiche”
Review of Fraiche - CLOSED

Fraiche
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Folkestone Way
Transit: Bus # 256, Whitby Estate shuttle leaves Park Royal Mall 25 minutes past every hour.
Description: Renowned as one of West Vancouver's most celebrated dining experiences, Fraiche is a feast for the senses. The bright and elegant dining room provides a sophisticated and comfortable framework to showcase the spectacular, panoramic view, while the top notch service team similarly supports the talented kitchen brigade. Led by rising culinary talent Executive Chef, Jason Harris, Fraiche offers delicious and diverse menus for lunch, dinner and brunch that incorporate westcoast sensibilities and ingredients with global flare and flavours. Enjoy an evolving and inspired selection of wines by the bottle and glass expertly paired for your meal or mood. Guests looking for a light lunch, indulgent Sunday brunch, mouth watering chef's table experience or savoury bite after the game will find a welcoming place at the Fraiche table . Dressed up or down, Fraiche is a warm, inviting place where the food, service and view always impress.
Reviewed July 27, 2013

On July 21st my husband and I went for brunch at Fraiche in West Vancouver, he had an avacado and goat cheese omelette and I had the scallop salad. We also had fresh berries, pastry basket and Basil semifreddo. The food was excellent and the view outstanding. The executive chef is Carol Chow, and no matter where she hangs her chef hat, you know the food will be excellent.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

If your are visiting Vancouver, this restaurant is a must. Staff are professional yet very friendly. The view is breathtaking and the food incredibly delicious. Great wine selection!!!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Fraiche burst on the scene a few years ago and it was an instant hit. However inconsistent food, amateur maître d' service reduced the initial raves. Now well known Chef Carol Chow is at the helm and the restaurant is definitely worth a revisit. We recently had the Chef's 5 course tasting menu and flight of wines.The sweet peas soup was interesting but not sensational. What followed was excellent- Burrata and heirloom tomato salad;seared Pork loin, Porcini dusted lamb loin; followed by chocolate parfait.
Service was much improved and the view is only marred by lack of dress code- shorts,( really short!), sweat pants etc were very evident.. Carol Chow and the restaurant deserve better.

Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

This use to be our favorite restaurant and love to take our out of town guests. But they have a new chef and our favorite is off the menu. Very disappointing dinner. There were 8 of us and everyone's dinner is so so. But so so is not good enough for a $$$$$ restaurant. View and service are still good, but not sure if I would ever spend so much money for such mediocre food.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

This is the first 5-star rating I have ever given on tripadvisor for anything.

The food was amazing, and the service was attentive, friendly, and informative. I love it when the waiter gives a bit of education about each plate - the source of the ingredients, how the chef prepares it, etc. Our waiter did it perfectly and answered my questions without hesitation.

We ordered two starters, one entrée, and one dessert. First, the octopus starter was divine and would have been the perfect entrée for me alone. Of our 4 dishes, it was our favourite. Next my husband ordered the foie gras tete de cochon starter, and with bread it also would have sufficed as an entrée for me. Like the octopus, the foie was to-die-for. My sablefish entrée was totally delicious but did not have the bold flavours of our starters. The sablefish itself melted like butter in the mouth.

For dessert, the warm lemon madelines with orange cream are so light and perfect, they will just send you to heaven. The only part of meal that was close to mediocre was my drink. I ordered the "C-monster margarita" which has blueberries as an ingredient. Beautiful colour but surprisingly sweet, mundane flavour.

The only improvements this place needs is a touch-up to the paint and a good dusting (dustballs from the fan over my head). But then again, only my husband would go to a place with that view and notice the room (he's in construction). Lastly, the waiter brought us a surprise at the end of the meal of which I will only give away that it included gold flakes.

For the quality you get, this meal was extremely high-value. With tax and tip, our final bill was $125 for two. An absolute bargain in my opinion. I would have felt fine paying twice as much for this meal.

Hats off to Fraiche, and we will be back for sure.