“Exquisite and unpretentious”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Folkestone Way
Transit: Bus # 256, Whitby Estate shuttle leaves Park Royal Mall 25 minutes past every hour.
Description: Renowned as one of West Vancouver's most celebrated dining experiences, Fraiche is a feast for the senses. The bright and elegant dining room provides a sophisticated and comfortable framework to showcase the spectacular, panoramic view, while the top notch service team similarly supports the talented kitchen brigade. Led by rising culinary talent Executive Chef, Jason Harris, Fraiche offers delicious and diverse menus for lunch, dinner and brunch that incorporate westcoast sensibilities and ingredients with global flare and flavours. Enjoy an evolving and inspired selection of wines by the bottle and glass expertly paired for your meal or mood. Guests looking for a light lunch, indulgent Sunday brunch, mouth watering chef's table experience or savoury bite after the game will find a welcoming place at the Fraiche table . Dressed up or down, Fraiche is a warm, inviting place where the food, service and view always impress.
Reviewed May 31, 2013

This is the first 5-star rating I have ever given on tripadvisor for anything.

The food was amazing, and the service was attentive, friendly, and informative. I love it when the waiter gives a bit of education about each plate - the source of the ingredients, how the chef prepares it, etc. Our waiter did it perfectly and answered my questions without hesitation.

We ordered two starters, one entrée, and one dessert. First, the octopus starter was divine and would have been the perfect entrée for me alone. Of our 4 dishes, it was our favourite. Next my husband ordered the foie gras tete de cochon starter, and with bread it also would have sufficed as an entrée for me. Like the octopus, the foie was to-die-for. My sablefish entrée was totally delicious but did not have the bold flavours of our starters. The sablefish itself melted like butter in the mouth.

For dessert, the warm lemon madelines with orange cream are so light and perfect, they will just send you to heaven. The only part of meal that was close to mediocre was my drink. I ordered the "C-monster margarita" which has blueberries as an ingredient. Beautiful colour but surprisingly sweet, mundane flavour.

The only improvements this place needs is a touch-up to the paint and a good dusting (dustballs from the fan over my head). But then again, only my husband would go to a place with that view and notice the room (he's in construction). Lastly, the waiter brought us a surprise at the end of the meal of which I will only give away that it included gold flakes.

For the quality you get, this meal was extremely high-value. With tax and tip, our final bill was $125 for two. An absolute bargain in my opinion. I would have felt fine paying twice as much for this meal.

Hats off to Fraiche, and we will be back for sure.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Wow the views are stunning from here. Better yet was the tasting menu. Liked that it was served with BC wines. The portions were just right. Probably one of the best tasting menus that I have had in a very long while. Worth crossing the bridge for. Service was friendly and professional. Will return.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Fraiche is great. It has a new chef, and people were worried that it may not work. It does.

Our meal was near-perfect. The only weakness of our meal was the dessert. It was not bad, but it was not great. Everything else was in fact, perfect. We had lamb which was cooked and seasoned perfectly. I often find that chefs in Vancouver do not know how to cook lamb. They overcook it and it becomes gamey. This was not the case. Also had sole and sablefish, both of which were perfect.

The flavour combinations worked, and as most know the ambience and view of Fraiche are arguably the best in the city. I would put this in my top 10 places in Vancouver. The only other restaurants I can think of that represent the west coast are Hawksworth, Coast, and Blue Water Cafe.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

My girlfriend and I went to Fraiche for Dine Out Vancouver. We received a call the day of our reservation reminding us of our booking and to please be prompt as the restaurant anticipated a busy evening, free valet parking was provided and we would be allocated 90 minutes for our sitting.
If you don't know the area well I suggest you allow a few extra minutes for your drive up as it's a little out of the way and in a residential neighbourhood. We showed up on time and stepped into the restaurant. On first impression it's a very warm and inviting atmosphere. We were greeted by the hostess who checked in coats and had someone guide us to our table. We were seated by the window with a fantastic view of the city and with the fog rolling in and out and the view of the city constantly changing it was a lovely setting to enjoy a meal.
We started with an amuse bouche that consisted of a cube of beet like custard flavored nicely with pepper accompanied by a candied walnut and a small cracker. It was tasty and a nice start to the meal.
There were 3 selections for appetizers and we both chose the lobster salad. It came quickly and we were impressed by the amount of lobster that came with the squares of honeydew melon, greens and the smear of jalapeno jam. The salad was very tasty and we both enjoyed it very much. Wine pairings were available for each course of the menu and we selected 2 ounce glasses to accompany the salad and were pleased with our selections.
For entrees, my girlfriend chose the sablefish and I chose the grilled loin of lamb. The meals were brought out quickly after we finished our salad. The meals were cooked perfectly and again the presentation was very appealing. My lamb came out with roasted parsnip, a tomato relish and a small square of eggplant. The lamb was cooked perfectly and there were sizable drops of a sauce on the plate that were very flavorful and complimented the lamb nicely. My girlfriend's sablefish was served with some smoked carrot, some gnocchi and a horseradish foam. The fish was cooked perfectly and melted in her mouth but overall her entree lacked flavor, the horseradish foam didn't accentuate the dish and there was an overall blandness to her entree. Again there were wine pairings and we tried different selections that matched our food well.
For dessert, my girlfriend chose the mascapone and fruit and i chose the white and dark chocolate. The desserts were brought out quickly within minutes of our entree plates being removed. The mascarpone was a rectangle of a frozen yogourt like combination of lime and vanilla with a portion of shortcake and some small segments of orange. Presented beautifully but it too seemed to lack for punch - the textures were nice but the lime and vanilla flavor were barely noticeable. The white and dark chocolate was presented nicely with a dab of coconut foam and a separate small pitcher of chocolate soup to pull it all together. The flavors were noticable and overall it was a nice combination of tastes and textures.
Overall we enjoyed the restaurant and would come back to try the regular menu. However, a couple of the offerings needed more flavor and we felt like we were on the clock in terms of how quickly the courses were served even though there were several empty tables in the restaurant once our meal started.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

We had mid-week lunch at Fraiche with friends. The food was superb and the service was very attentive. Although it's a bit out of the way, it's easy to find and parking was right outside the front door. It was a winter day, so the view was very limited. Regardless, it is still one of the best places for food on the entire North Shore.