“Lunch at G & E Restaurant”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
G & E Restaurant & Take Out
Ranked #5 of 10 Restaurants in O'Leary
Reviewed October 31, 2013

In October 2013, I went with a group of friends for lunch. The food is good, very good service. Nice family restaurant. I would recommend it anytime.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Large restaurant and take out. We stopped at lunch time there were 4 other tables occcupied. I had the lobster roll platter. I asked ahead of time to see if the lobster roll was made with fresh or canned/ frozen lobster. The waiter assured me it was made with fresh lobster. When it arrived it was very skimpy, the lobster was protruding out of the top but it was not even halfway into the bun. It was utterly tasteless. I remarked that if I closed my eyes I wouldn't be able to tell what I was eating other than the flavor of the buttered bun. It was a disappointing meal. Hubby had the hamburger platter and he thought it was also very bland. Both were served with crinkle cut frozen fries. Our son did like the "triva questions" at each table, it made the wait time seem short. Also the children's menu is only for children under 8.

Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

The burger was pretty good, but I found it unsatisfying to have frozen french fries in the middle of Canada's potato capital (about 2 miles from the Canadian Potato Museum). Hot turkey sandwich was only OK, with fresh turkey but canned peas. Locals seemed to like this place, but if you want great takeout food try the Harbourside Takeout at Northport Pier (by Alberton).

Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

I dream about the G&E fries and hamburgers. They are delicious, I always come back when I'm on the island. Everything I've had here I have liked ;)

Reviewed September 10, 2012

The G&E has a limited menu and early closing time but the waitresses made us feel like home in this local eatery. Get the fries with the works, it's they're most ordered item.

2  Thank Gimper90