Minowukaw Lodge & Joe's Cabins Resort
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Candle Lake
See available hotels
  • Beachfront
The Wharf(Waskesiu Lake)
Twilite Motel(Prince Albert)
View Hotel
Days Inn Prince Albert(Prince Albert)
View Hotel
Ramada Prince Albert(Prince Albert)
View Hotel
Prince Albert Inn(Prince Albert)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Rustic but very c lean when we got there. Cabin got hot during the day but when we got back in the evening and opened the windows with the fan going cooled off right away. Needed to bring own sleeping bags. Small TV available (we brought our own dvd player). Kitchen was complete with large fridge. Flush toilet and shower worked well. Store has limited supplies (frozen bread and canned meat, soup). When we left at 1145 Sunday (late) the next people going in were there already so I don't believe the place would have been cleaned after us for them. Lots of mosquitoes in the area with standing water. Lots of area for parking boats.

Room Tip: Don't rush in. Give the staff a chance to clean before you get in. Bring bedding and towels.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank dal222
Reviewed July 5, 2011

Thouht we would spend a couple of nights at Candle Lake, typed in cabin rentals and up pops Joes Cabins. Website looked pretty good - picture of the cabins was pretty promising. Pulled up to the lodge to check in (this should have been the first sign for us), looked like something from a horror film...OK, let's give them the benefit of the doubt..got our key, drove down to our cabin to get unpacked and settled.
First of all you can't even pull your car up to the actual cabin. They are so squished together and in a horseshoe shape all facing each other. Get out of the car and there are beer bottles all over the ground and young "partiers" crawling out of the other cabins looking like the night before was quite the party (maybe they haven't even gone to sleep yet)...Anyways, we walked into the cabin...I have never seen such a look of SHOCK, PANIC, and HORROR on my husbands face before!! I am the squeamish one in the family, but I didn't even get a chance to get two words out of my mouth before my husband yelled "we are out of here!!!" The cabin stunk sooo badly, everthing looked soiled and filthy. It was damp and musty..beyond belief! The old movie chair pull down seats for the kitchen chairs were so disgusting. But nothing beat the mattress! This thing has been there at least from the 50's. It was so wet looking and soiled, you could not have paid me to sleep on this thing.
We felt like we were trapped. Now what do we do!? I wish we would have taken pictures, as there are hardly any words to explain how disgusting this place is. There was no time to think of pictures, we just wanted to get out of there! How dare they charge that kind of money for this health hazaard cabin! We didn't care if we didn't get any of our money back...we wanted OUT!! Very sad that you work hard all year long for a a few weeks of holidays. Spend money on food, gas, etc to get up to the lake and be forced to leave because the website was TOTALLY misleading. I feel like I have been robbed of my vacation, this place should be condemed!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
14  Thank ChlWilSask
Reviewed June 28, 2011

My husband and I arrived at the cabin with eager anticipation. What met us as we opened the door was an very ugly cabin, with filthy walls and floors, a terrible outlay of an improvised kitchen, no utensils or supplies and an undescrible stench! There were stains on all of the walls and furniture, cobwebs in every corner, filth around doorknobs and the bathroom-a story of filth and grime. Everything was covered with a layer of dirt. The place needed to be painted badly, not now, but 30 years ago!!

Our son and his wife and 20 month old daughter were to join us the following day and we knew that this was not the place we wanted to spend our next 4 days with a baby! When we went to complain, the owner was very offended and told us that the cabin had just been cleaned 3 weeks ago. As a homemaker, I disagreed with him and told him so. He did, notheless, offer us a different cabin. This cabin was somewhat cleaner but not up to par in the least. The stove was greasy, as were the pots and pans, the doorknobs and handles were once again filthy, and the floor had not been washed since it had been painted, the fridge and freezer had sand in them, and again cobwebs were noticable and there were spots on the walls and blinds where others had squished insects. The owner was offended when I asked for a mop and some cleaner, and once again said that the cabins had recently been cleaned! However, I did mop the floor, TWICE, and still it left black filth on the bottom of our socks! The lack of utensils and dishes was unbelievable! We were told to come ask for anything we needed but were met with such distain that we went without instead.

We had a cabin very close to the boat launch and beach which was a lovely location. It was not, however, sufficient enough to outweigh the grime and filth.

Never, never again!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
10  Thank ttyl4
Reviewed April 1, 2011

We have been to many lakes and resorts in Northern Saskatchewan , but this place is the most filthy , disgusting hole we ever stayed at. It was a wet summer and there was a a slough under the cabin , so you can imagine the mosquitos. We were stung by wasps which had a nest in the walls...lizards and mice under the cabin....DO NOT STAY HERE....the whole place should be condemned....where is public health in all of this...at some point , disgruntled guests must have called them.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
12  Thank LolaSaskatchewan
Reviewed October 20, 2010

Was a little concerned after reading other reviews, but went anyway. Sure the place is a little older, but for a family on a budget GREAT deal. Other places $295 per night at other lakes nearby. If others were expecting 5 Star hotel for $85 per night, half a block from a beautiful beach, they should wake up and smell the coffee. You can't even rent a plain-jane hotel room in the city for that price. Better still, why don't those complaining, spend $150,000 and buy their own place and then they won't have to complain.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family