“First Date = Great Date at the Keg”

The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Scott Road
Reserve with OpenTable
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Scott Road is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 887 Restaurants in Surrey
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Newton
Reviewed May 17, 2012

We did not have reservations and had to wait approximately 20 minutes at the bar. We enjoyed a couple of glasses of red sangria. The hostess found us at the bar, took our drinks and led us to our table when it was ready. It was all the way at the far back corner of the restaurant and if you're interested in not showcasing that you're on a first date, it's a nice quiet & private area of the restaurant to sit.

The waitress was friendly and frequently checked on us. What I found interesting was that she pointed out a 3 course special menu for $41 as the "Mother's Day" menu and asked if we were out to celebrate Mother's Day. This was our first date and I have no children. He certainly looks older than I do, but it was awkward because neither me nor my date really responded to her. In the end she gave us a good overview of the special 3 course menu and told us what the actual value would be if it was not part of the 3-course meal. She sold my date on the value proposition and he ordered a filet mignon with salad, a skewer of prawns and dessert for $41 (actual value of $57).

I ordered a tenderloin steak with twice baked potato. My meal was cooked well and was very tasty. My date enjoyed his meal immensely and didn't leave a morsel of food. We shared his dessert and the waitress was nice enough to bring me an extra plate and spoon.

The service was great and the food was good. I had a great date and the service and food helped a lot.

Reviewed February 23, 2012

Ok it should have said a tale of a steak and a chicken breast but this is a cautionary tale for the owners of this particular keg restaurant. I ate there with a group of friends recently. I've eaten there about a half dozen time over the last few years and this was the first time that I was seriously concerned. We were seated in a large high backed booth that the cleaners have seriously neglected. Cobwebs by the light in the corner of the booth and caked dust on the high back of the upholstry, gross. Anyway, to the food, I ordered the chicken and ribs because I had eaten a fabulous steak the previous night at Joey's on Burrard. I must have been feeling sorry for my colon or something so I didn't order a steak, In retrospect a fatty rack of ribs and a whole chicken breast wasn't going to do my digestive system any good either but there you go. The entree came and it was typical Keg, three pieces of steamed broccoli with my chicken and ribs. The chicken looked like it had hit the floor or something as there was no sheen of sauce or juice it just looked dry. Not surprisingly after a couple of bites I needed water to wash it down. Drier than a popcorn fart. I alerted the server to the fact that my chicken was dry and he said he'd have another one for me in 12 minutes, I didnt time him because I wasn't that hungry and there was good conversation happening but I'm certain in was more like 20-25 minutes later when he arrived. He puts down, a HALF of a chicken breast. I looked at him and I'm like "ok, so I have a couple of bites of bad chicken, so you decide to only replace half the chicken?" He said it was a kitchen mistake and took it off my bill. Overall a fairly poor experience.

Reviewed January 1, 2012

Been here many times. Almost always very very good food and service. We were here New Years and had a party of 13. We occupied a section of the restaurant and spent many thousands of dollars. Unfortunately, near to the time we were wrapping up our dinner (still a few hours before midnight) some manager type named Norman approached one of our tables and proceeded to berate us by saying that we had been here several hours and there are people that have been waiting for a table for 2 hours, so would we please wrap it up. Pardon? Time limit?? Anyways, we had two rows of tables, and at that we were down to one row and one small table. There was a tabel for six open but the party waiting 2 hours (so he says) was a party of 8. So he needed the extra small table. All he had to do was ask. And the Keg staff had earlier removed another small table from the area for another section, so it wasn't like any of this was our fault! So then, being nice people, we volunteered our small table so the people could sit down, and the two from our party scrunched in with us around the tables we still had. So "Norma" seats the party of 8, and my husband is standing up and talking to someone as we are getting ready to leave. This Norman fellow dees him and says...very condencendingly....excuse me sir, please don't bump the chair of the people behind you. PARDON? Why is he standing there watching and who is he to tell us anything? My husband turns around and apologizes immediately to the lady, who was like "what"?? He asks her if he bumped her chair, and she says NO, not at all. At this point after having awesome service from our main server (who had to pick up the slack of the other server who was very slow) and enjoying a great evening, I left there feeling very annoyed and even a little angry. No respect for repeat customers, who were just having a nice time, not doing anything wrong, and spending a LOT of money. Next time I want to go there will phone first to see if this clown is working. If he is, it's across the street to Cactus Club.

2  Thank tamster888
Reviewed March 16, 2011

Food was delicious, service was excellent . Best place for family get together

1  Thank carina1987
Reviewed October 3, 2010

This Keg location in particular is one of the best ones I've been to. The ambiance is perfect, food is always great and the staff is very respectful and professional. Is the food overpriced, yes. But thats the Keg in general not specific to the location.
Always a pleasure!