“Always Great”

Ranked #345 of 868 Restaurants in Surrey
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Whalley
Description: Voted # one Indian restaraunt in Surrey newspaper reviews. This restaraunt is very casual and family oriented. My friend had recomended it and it was boy she was right. Like most good restaraunts, you must wait for a table. Its a short wait and it is more than worth the few minutes. If you like Indian food, this is the place to dine. Its a great place to take someone on a first or second date because its very quiet for such a busy place. We had several dish,s including the curried chicken, rice, spinich and a couple of spicy ones. The whole dinner for two was under forty dollars plus tip. I was very impressed with the speed which they delivered the delightful meal. The staff is going full speed but they are so nice. This restaraunt is all about the best food you will find within the Surrey area. :-)
Reviewed February 3, 2012

Simply great food. We have been going here for years and love it. You will not be disappointed

2  Thank MicJenn

Reviewed October 26, 2011

A friend and I visited this restaurant on a referral as being Surrey's best Indian. Restaurant was clean and tastefully decorated without being pretentious. They were quite busy but managed to squeeze us into a private dining room that was being hired out to a family dinner. Which worked out fine! Everyone was friendly- even the other diners. Servers were lovely and helpful, pointing out their favourite dishes. All the food was scrummy and felt authentic. Food was well priced, even the cocktails were inexpensive. Will definitely return with my partner on our yearly trip to Canada.

2  Thank jrn1982
Reviewed September 26, 2011

You won't find a buffet at this great Indian restaurant in Surrey, BC, but you will find exquisite dishes with the perfect blending of spices to showcase Northern Indian cuisine! We were tired of the Indian restaurants on Main St in Vancouver so decided to try Surrey, BC. I mean why not? Just over the US border. We would definitely go again. Their Malai Kofta and Vegetable Korma were the best we've had in a long time.

1  Thank Remuna
Reviewed March 27, 2010

I've eaten at Mahek's at least once a month for the last year, and I really can't fault them anywhere. I deffinately recommend their butter chicken mini meal with garlic nan bread!

The food is always hot and fresh, the service is always fantastic, the value is GREAT and the atmosphere is incredible.

I often get out of Mahek's with a $12 bill (not including tip), a full stomach, and a happy demeanour.

2  Thank tbone604