“3 Strikes your out -”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Delivery
Neighborhood: Newton
Reviewed August 10, 2013

If you are willing to wait for unreasonable time then go.
The server was cute but a little out of her element.
The owner didn't help much.
Not very well run.
Having said that the prices were good and food tasty.
They seem to have a big take out service business.
Should have more people working.
Plus ordered the "complete meal supposed to include ice cream, the owner started talking
in a language I couldn't understand telling us we got more of something in place of the ice cream. Long story short. This was the 3rd time we have been here NO MORE !!!!!

2  Thank k0sm056
There are newer reviews for Kyoto Sushi

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Ate here for lunch. There were multiple bones in my salmon sushi. I have eaten sushi many times, over many years and never had bones. When mentioned to the owner/ manager the only response i got was " that happens". Wow. Won't eat here again.

1  Thank Buddyluvfood
Reviewed July 20, 2012

This is absolutely the worst service that I have ever received. They got my order wrong and when I called to let them know they accused me of changing my order and not telling them ahead of time. After arguing with them for about twenty minutes they finally told me that if I wanted my order to change then I would need to drive there and get it . ( I had ordered delivery) So I hang up and then 5 minutes later I decide to call them back and ask to speak to a manager. I'm told that they are very busy and I can either hold for 3 minutes or call back in 5. I hang up and drive there. When I get there I am polite to them despite having being treated horribly. The delivery driver tells me that I screwed up the order and he points his finger in my face and tells me that next time I want to change my order I need to call right away. I was so disgusted at the audacity of this man and the waitress that I was speechless. He goes and changes my order and tells me that I have to wait for everyone elses order to be done first. Now that I have told you the situation, I'll tell you something else: I am a regular, I eat there at least 5 times a month with my friends. At least ten of us order delivery from there so they are losing approximately $750 in revenue a month. Not to mention that I myself work in the service industry and it absolutely disgusts me that they treat customers like this. I have a few tips for Kyoto:
1. Hire waitresses that can take an order
2. It's called customer service, try it some time.
3. Don't ever BLAME the customer for your mistakes
4. Don't ever POINT your finger in someone's face. How RUDE.
PS. The spicy tuna roll is nasty
PPS. YOU FORGOT THE SOYA SAUCE, WHAT KIND OF JAPANESE SUSHI HOUSE FORGETS SOYA SAUCE???

2  Thank Hospitality_girl1991
Reviewed June 30, 2012

All of the reviews about bad service could not be more accurate. I was with a group of friends, who I had tried to dissuade from choosing this place based on the reviews, but got over-ruled. We arrived to no reservation, a tirade from the manager about that fact and had to wait 20 minutes. Once we got seated, it was like we had a communicable disease, the servers all avoided us like the plague.

The orders got messed up and while what we got tasted ok, it would have had to be spectacular to put up with poor treatment. It wasn't.

1  Thank Steve C
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I have been going to Kyoto Sushi 2-4 times per month for the past few years and the service has been hit and miss, however, in the past year it has been more miss than hit. First of all, I will say that I enjoy the food tremendously and that is why I continue to go back and I have no issues with the food. The service, however, is my problem. As others have mentioned, I have had problems with them trying to deny my Entertainment Book coupon, however, I "reminded" the owner lady that I am one of their most loyal customers and there are other places I can go. I have had problems in the past with slow service, and a general overall unfriendliness (but only from the lady owner), however, my main complaints and my reason for not returning ever again is my last two experiences at the restaurant. The first one included being seated at a dirty table and having to ask them to clean it, then after the food arrived we again had to ask for chopsticks and dishes. The waitress then brought a roll to the table and i told her we did not order it. She took it away and five minutes later brought a different roll to the table and again I told her I did not order it. The owner lady then came over to me with the roll in her hand, pointed at me and very rudely stated "You did order this" I informed her that I didnt order that one or the previous one that was brought to me. She then shook her head and turned away.
Because I love the food, I then returned with my daughter and friend last night and OMG, what a terrrible experience. First, we get seated and we waited for at least 15 minutes before anyone came over. We finally got our tea and waited another 15 minutes to get our order taken. When the order arrived, my friend and i got some of our order, yet my daughter had to wait another 10 minutes to get her first item. The owner brought some more items and literally tossed them in the middle of the table, she said a random ``I dont know``, which I`m assuming she meant she didnt know or care who`s order they were and walked away. A waitress came over and asked if we wanted tea and i responded with yes please and my daughter moved her cup towards the waitress but she just walked away and neither of us got tea!! We were very confused. So, it gets worse.....we then finish our meals and because i am a regular customer I know that they always bring complimentary fruit to the table but we literally sat there for 45 minutes with no food, no tea, and no waitress ever even looked at us. Finally when we are presented with two separate bills which we had requested, I notice that they have our orders mixed up and they have higher prices than indicated on the menu. I then called over the owner, which took another 15 minutes, and my friend mentioned our terrrible service and the problems with the bill. The owner was very rude, even laughed at us stating they are very busy. My friend asked for a discount and the owner said she will give a $1 discount!!!! She very reluctantly upped it to $2 then $3. At this time, we just wanted to leave so we went to pay with the ridiculous $3 discount and the new bill had only a $1 discount. When we called her on this she flipped!!! She threw her hands in the air, yelling that she is not making any money if she gave us a $3 discount, threw the bill on the ground and yelled `no more discount` in front of everyone and stormed away and had another girl take our payment. She made a huge scene in front of everyone. I will never return to Kyoto Sushi!!!

3  Thank Sheri F