“Outstanding sushi delivery”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Kyoto Sushi

Kyoto Sushi
Ranked #474 of 828 Restaurants in Surrey
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Newton
“Outstanding sushi delivery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2011

The sushi is outstanding and the delivery service is great. I order from them every couple of weeks for the past eight to ten years. I wasn't as impressed going in to eat but maybe it was a bad day.

Surrey, Canada
“Worst Service Ever!!!!! Do Not Give Them Business Please!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2011

We have been rudely shouted at and refused service by both the owner and the manager of the restaurant. The lady (I've been told she's the manager) came to our table when we wanted to order. But when she saw that I have an Entertainment coupon with me, she started talking very rudely that we cannot understand then she walked away. We did not know what was happening so we called the other server to order. When the manager heard what we ordered, she quickly said, "No you cannot order THAT!" I didn't have any clue what was happening. So I called her to ask. She said that because have a coupon, we cannot order any other food except "Bento C" and "Bento E". She said it in a very mean, rude, disrespectful and discriminatory way!!

My friend, who was celebrating her birthday then, does not eat raw fish and both combo meals have raw fish. She said she will replace the sushi with california rolls. I simply asked how many total california rolls will be in the meal since it already originally comes with 3pcs of california roll. She shouted "4!" then gave me a mean look and walked away right in front of us. Clearly she refused to take my order again.

We were left stunned and didn't know what was happening. Couple of minutes after, the owner from the kitchen (not the manager), came out and posted a sign by the entrance. We didn't know what it was but when we looked, it read "No coupons today!" I stood up and walked towards the kitchen and asked what was going on and if I can order now. The manager rudely shouted at me, "You complain too much so I'm not going to let you order!!". We were really surprised and customers from the other table saw what happened and was stunned too. I asked who the owner is and when the owner came out, he said "You're the one with the coupon?!" Then he walked to the entrance and pointed the sign he just posted! Then he rudely told us that he needs to go back to work and cannot talk to us. At that point, we were very angry and frustrated with how they treated us. Especially my friend who was celebrating her birthday that day and I was with a 2-year-old as well. We left the restaurant right away.

We would have paid full price without any coupon if only the lady had just told us nicely from the start "Sorry but we cannot accept coupons today." Was that too much to do?????

This service, attitude and business practice is totally unacceptable. They didn't treat us with any respect at all, to the point of us feeling harassed just because we came in with a coupon. THEY DO NOT DESERVE YOUR BUSINESS! Please spare yourself from being ridiculed and humiliated and go someplace else.

• Visited October 2011
5 Thank bmc b
Vancouver, Canada
“Avoid at all costs”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2011

Having lived in the area for five years but meeting up with friends mainly in Vancouver, we decided to change it up and dispell the notion that Vancouver and Richmond had the best restaurants. We therefore decided to try out this local restaurant. As a bonus, one of our group members had a coupon from the entertainment book so we decided to give it a try. It was a sunday night with about three quarters of the tables full when we walked in. We were a group of four and after waiting a considerable amount of time to be seated, we were finally acknowledged only to be asked if we had an entertainment coupon. Naturally we answered "yes we do" to which the hostess replied, oh then in that case come back in an hour because we are busy. We replied with the fact that on the coupon there was no time restriction with it mentioning VALID ANYTIME. She replied with "we are busy" and pointed to receipts of take out orders. Again, we replied with the coupon validity to which she replied rather angrily .....ok ok ok fine! Take a seat!

Unfortunately, having to argue to obtain a table for dinner and in light of facing such rudeness, we all decided to leave. So, if you are looking for horrible and rude service, please dine here... Good luck! We will never return and will continually share this story with others... I guess I should have read the other reviews on the internet!

• Visited October 2011
4 Thank Joshua142
surrey
“Will not go back!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2011

We went for lunch with another couple and we were not brought our meal for 20 minutes after they got theirs. We complained but there was not even an apology. I strongly suggest that any other Japanese restaurant would be a better choice than this one!

3 Thank bobbibc
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Went here with a coupon...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2008

Went here with a coupon and the waitress would not let us us it, service was awful and the sushi was less than sub par.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook