“The Best Place in the White Rock Area”
Review of Beecher Street Cafe - CLOSED

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: South Surrey
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Decided to try out after dining in some horrible restaurants in the White Rock area. Our family decided to try it out on Father's Day after being very disappointed with other places facing the beach. We were served in a very friendly manner and the food was excellent. Nice to finally find a cute place with quality.

Will definitely return again.

1  Thank Dan M

Reviewed June 25, 2012

The Beecher Street Cafe in Crescent Beach used to to be one of my favorite restaurants, however after my recent brunch experience I will never go back.

We ordered omlettes and when they arrived the eggs were a greyish color and the one slice of toast was completely dry. I would normally have complained to the owner, however it was the owner himself who served us this terrible meal!

It is a shame that the food and service has gone downhill as the restaurant itself is nice and in a beautiful location.

1  Thank aquarian61
Reviewed May 12, 2012 via mobile

20 mins before we got a drink besides water.
45 mins before we got our chowder with one of two mussels arriving closed,and dead. She got a half tomato cut up with a leaf on top (salad)
Both were delicious however.
1:36 before we got our dinners.
15 mins to eat said dinner. We were starving, and it was actually a wonderful meal.
That being said, I pondered out loud we should have ordered pizza to our tables from Dominos.
What could they have done?
The server seemed to be apathetic to our situation, almost like he knew the ship had hit an iceberg, and had just told the band to play on.
I didn't get a replacement mussel, nor did they comp a drink for the wait.
We cancelled our reservations for Mother's day brunch.
She wouldn't stand for that kind of wait.
Obviously, they don't require our money. There are many other places to eat that appreciate new business.

Reviewed May 9, 2012

We went to the Beecher Street Cafe last night and had a very disappointing experience. The man who served us seemed indifferent and like he didn't want to be there. From when we arrived, it took more than 90 minutes to get our food. The waiter rarely came to our table and seemed to avoid eye contact when we tried to get his attention. The meal was fairly expensive and it was frustrating to pay good money for a lousy experience. (We heard the people at the table near us say "We should have ordered in pizza") The good thing about the experience was that the young woman who filled our water glasses all evening was lovely. She was very friendly and attentive with water.

Reviewed April 22, 2012

Went to this restaurant with my husband for brunch was disappointed. The staff were not friendly or attentive in fact the waitress looked like she would rather be somewhere else. We were seated at a table with only side plates no cutlery or napkins, the cutlery and napkins only came to our table after the waitress brought the food. It's not like they were busy as the restaurant was less than 1/4 full. The food wasn't that good my english muffin was burned on the edges, I wouldn't serve this to quests in my home I would make them a new one. Maybe we picked the wrong day with the wrong staff working but we will not be going back to this restaurant. I thought it was a bit pricy especially for the dinner menu.