See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 13, 2011

My boyfriend and i had rented a room to stay in last night, and ended up getting in a car addicent leaving us vehicle-less in the middle of downtown vancouver, 8 hours away from home. When i called to explain and cancle our reservation, the manager told us that we would still be paying full price for the room. No sympathy for what happened, or even no general understanding that we had no way to get to the hotel, never mind our 8 hour trip home. I had to beg him to only charge $40, and even then i think he will still charge the full price. Useless.

Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank kkbrr
Canadian_Inn_Manager, Manager at Canadian Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

The staff at Canadian Inn is very sympathetic for kkbrr's situation but unfortunately our reservation policy is very clear about cancellations. I hope you will consider staying with us again in the future as you never actually had the chance to stay with us.

Reviewed July 7, 2011

We made our reservation on line without knowing what to expect. No offence to the reception, he was nice but the room smelled so bad. I didnt sleep at all the whole night. The pillow smelled like somebody used it already, the bed sheets were dirty and old and i was scratching my body the whole night. I had to use my towel as a blanket. We checked out right away the next day and find another hotel. I wouldnt recommend this hotel to anybody.

Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank qrstu
Reviewed July 4, 2011

I am very particular when it comes to staying in hotels/motels. I was more than pleased with Canadian Inn! This was a great value and the room was very clean. The staff is remarkable, extremely friendly and respectful.I would definitely stay here again........

Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
4  Thank Anam21884
Reviewed July 2, 2011

really nice stay. front desk staff was wonderful, very polite. room was very clean. very quite

Date of stay: June 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank kalp05
Reviewed March 3, 2011

While in Surrey, I stayed at this hotel on a whim. The room was $75 dollars a night with $50 dollars deposit (I don't use credit cards for deposits). The hotel is broken into 2 pieces, a building in the front and one in the back. The area is heavily treed which makes the parking lot rather dark. Surrey is a pleasant looking city if you're an outsider but don't be fooled. It's not the greatest area in the world. Lock your doors

The front desk was polite and pleasant. The room was quiet and for the calibre of hotel it was clean. I did find a condom wrapper on the floor & a meth pipe buried deep under the mattress. I inspect every room for bedbugs hence me finding it. Normal cleaning staff wouldn't have found it so I don't blame the hotel. The condom wrapper was on the floor.

On my way out in late evening I did encounter a woman that works the street corner & her client in tow. While it may be easy to criticize the hotel for this, I would not. I did work in the hotel industry and 5 star hotels have their fair share of the working escorts in the rooms.

I left the next morning without incident. The deposit was refunded immediately and the individual was quite pleasant. This is not an upscale motel but one suitable for hardy travellers looking for a cheap place to sleep. Not a place I'd call kid friendly or for someone expecting upscale service.

Date of stay: November 2010