See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 7, 2011

We made our reservation on line without knowing what to expect. No offence to the reception, he was nice but the room smelled so bad. I didnt sleep at all the whole night. The pillow smelled like somebody used it already, the bed sheets were dirty and old and i was scratching my body the whole night. I had to use my towel as a blanket. We checked out right away the next day and find another hotel. I wouldnt recommend this hotel to anybody.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank qrstu
Reviewed July 4, 2011

I am very particular when it comes to staying in hotels/motels. I was more than pleased with Canadian Inn! This was a great value and the room was very clean. The staff is remarkable, extremely friendly and respectful.I would definitely stay here again........

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank Anam21884
Reviewed July 2, 2011

really nice stay. front desk staff was wonderful, very polite. room was very clean. very quite

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank kalp05
Reviewed March 3, 2011

While in Surrey, I stayed at this hotel on a whim. The room was $75 dollars a night with $50 dollars deposit (I don't use credit cards for deposits). The hotel is broken into 2 pieces, a building in the front and one in the back. The area is heavily treed which makes the parking lot rather dark. Surrey is a pleasant looking city if you're an outsider but don't be fooled. It's not the greatest area in the world. Lock your doors

The front desk was polite and pleasant. The room was quiet and for the calibre of hotel it was clean. I did find a condom wrapper on the floor & a meth pipe buried deep under the mattress. I inspect every room for bedbugs hence me finding it. Normal cleaning staff wouldn't have found it so I don't blame the hotel. The condom wrapper was on the floor.

On my way out in late evening I did encounter a woman that works the street corner & her client in tow. While it may be easy to criticize the hotel for this, I would not. I did work in the hotel industry and 5 star hotels have their fair share of the working escorts in the rooms.

I left the next morning without incident. The deposit was refunded immediately and the individual was quite pleasant. This is not an upscale motel but one suitable for hardy travellers looking for a cheap place to sleep. Not a place I'd call kid friendly or for someone expecting upscale service.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank WestCoastFred
Reviewed July 22, 2009

we book a hotel room for 2 days when we got there the first hour we figture it out that the air condition was not working so went down t and tell them three hour later person came up and said he cant do anything i can get u a fan he said u can talk to the boss in the morning he will get u a another room, all night we could not sleep because the room was very hot in the morning we talk to a boss and he is like give me a $20 more than we change ur room the second thing is the shower was not working properly its our second day they still didnt do anything about it i go to the front desk to change my room he phone his boss then he say that give us a a$70 more then we change ur room but i already pay for two days they have no respect how to treat costumer

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ric70
canadian_inn, Manager at Canadian Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2009

In response to this review:
The air conditioner was checked by the front desk clerk that evening, and he reported that it was working in good condition. He still offered the guest a fan, to supplement the air conditioner. It is also worth mentioning that the city was suffering an extreme heat spell at the time, with temperatures in excess of 35 degrees celsius (95 degrees fahrenheit), and so the guest was explained that the room would not cool instantly. The guest was advised that the room could be changed at 11 the next morning. The next day, housekeeping attempted two times to contact the guest to change rooms by knocking on his door, to which they were ignored, even though the guest was in the room. Later that day, the guest came out of his room at close to 4 p.m., and demanded that his room be changed. He was told that management had attempted to make contact with him twice before which he had ignored, and the room could not be changed that late in the day, as housekeeping had left. The guest still insisted, to which he was advised that he had been given an excellent discounted rate for two nights, and if he would still like another room, then he would be charged the full rate for that night, to which he said he would rather stay where he was. The guest then again returned at close to 11 p.m. at night, demanding his room be changed, to which he was told it could not be changed that late at night. As for the shower not working, the guest never during his stay informed the desk of there being a problem with his shower, or it would have been corrected. It should also be mentioned that the police came at around 3 a.m. in the morning looking for this guest.