“Very nice ambience and great food(Very good gluten free)”
Review of Sabatino's Trattoria & Bar - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Peninsula Village Shopping Centre
Description: Description: Sabatino's Trattoria & Bar brings authentic rustic Italian flare for a casual relaxed meal yet sophisticated enough for a special night out. This Award Winning Italian eatery and wine bar is a true taste of Italian cuisine, featuring both traditional classics and modern staples. Like the food, the space itself is warm and inviting in a relaxed and inviting atmosphere.
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is a very convenient place to find,the food is great ,and there gluten free selection is very good. It has a warm atmosphere and is very inviting.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Sabatino's is our go-to place when we decide to dine out. The food prep doesn't blow your socks off, but is reliably tasty and the aromas are comforting Italian. The bread is usually focaccia-like so their pizza must be great. We like to have their caesar, light and tangy, but beware the portions or you won't be able to eat the generous servings of osso bucco, veal preparations, or the variety of pasta creations. Staff is very friendly and service is always professional.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

This restaurant ALWAYS has great food and the service is excellent -- one of our favourite places to eat.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

My friends and I decided to come here for dinner Feb 8th. We had such a great time. Food did take a little long but it was completely expected seeing the restaurant was completely packed. If we wanted something quick we would have gotten fast food but we wouldn't have been able to enjoy each other company with a nice bottle of wine. They had a band playing and they were pretty fantastic. The food was well worth the wait. I had the rack of lamb, cooked to perfect medium. My friend had the osso bucco which she absolutely loved, my other 2 friends both had the halibut with a shrimp cream sauce on top(?) which they quite enjoyed as well. The server was very attentive considering how busy it was, we had some great laughs. All in all , we enjoyed our time and will definitely be back for some great food, great company and a really good bottle of wine.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Well, friends dragged us back again for another chance for Sabatino's to redeem themselves. Without going into the sordid details, my wife and I had pasta again. Just a simple Alfredo, or so it should be, but it was a oily mess! The server didn't seem too interested in my comments when she returned (finally) to clear the plates.

I'm hoping someone buys the restaurant soon who truly understands Italian cuisine like the previous owner (who the restaurant is named after). He still owns the Water Street Café downtown where the food is consistently still good.