“expensive”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Cora
Reviewed January 25, 2014

The food was average. I found it expensive for what you get, Similar meals cost a lot less in the same area.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

Food presentation was good but the srvice was slow and the food was pricey. Not one of my favorite restaurants.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I had family here from Ontario and they wanted to go out for breakfast. I knew of a few good spots but as it was a Saturday morning and around 10:00am, they would be packed and with a substantial wait.

So we decided to give Cora a shot, none of us had been there before but they knew of it from Ontario (apparently a chain from Quebec).
We were quickly seated and waited longer than we should have for a server to arrive to take our coffee order.

We all order something different for breakfast.
When the food arrived, it was reasonably warm but nothing to look at.
Eggs were lifeless with no colour, the potatoes too were white, no browning and not crispy.
Bacon was crispy but was really thin.

It all tasted okay but even the local White Spot serves a better and more appetizing breakfast.
I will not go back but go to Morrisons or Poultry in Motion for good a good breakfast.
My family from Ontario weren't impressed either.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Cora's was on our list to try when we needed a quick lunch while shopping. Friends from Ottawa suggested we go there because they were happy with Cora's in their city.

As their laminated menu suggests there is an abundance of fresh fruit served with everything! My partner had "Cora's Special", which was eggs any style, bacon, sausage, fried potatoes, buttered toast. It was all pretty greasy. I ordered the buckwheat crepe with apple and cheddar cheese. It was served with melon and a strawberry. There was no flavor other than the fruit on my plate.

We sat for about ten minutes before our order was taken. The food service took about 40 minutes from taking our order to delivery, far too long. Don't come here, if you are in a hurry.

I will say that the youthful staff was very cheerful.

If I come again, I would stay clear of the crepes, bacon and sausage and allow lots of time.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

We always love the Chez Cora restaurants and this one was no exception. Fantastic food, unique, and beautifully arranged. I hope they will expand to the U.S. one day.