We stayed here two nights ago, as my daughter was in a local competition. Jason was at the desk when we checked in, and he was fabulous. He was super friendly and knew why we were staying there... He asked my daughter about her dancing (he could see that we had used a special room rate for a block of rooms reserved for competitors) and wished her good luck. He cautioned us that it was expected to snow overnight, but that it was anticipated to turn to rain by noon. The hotel itself is very clean. I really liked the carpeting (which sounds strange, I guess) but it was classy and looked new. Our room was spacious, with 2 comfortable queen beds, a large desk, and a large bench. It is very easy to adjust the room temperature, which I love because I run cold. The sink is in the bathroom and not outside (bonus). The pool was pretty standard, in terms of size, and a little too chilly for me (but the kids loved it!) and we were the only ones in there on a Friday night at about 8:30. The hot tub was nice and hot and had great jets. It is a little small - I'm guessing it would seat 6, but it didn't matter because I had it all to myself. There was a sauna, but I didn't look into it. The towels were very small... Couldn't get it to wrap around my waist - but I just grabbed two. Not a big deal. There are plenty of restaurants within easy driving distance. After dinner, we bought a cake for my daughter's birthday, and upon arriving back in our room, I realized I had no way to cut a cake. I called the front deck to ask if I could borrow a butter knife, and Jason said, "Sure". When I went down and explained, he gave me paper plates and napkins and a knife... He wanted to get me a cake knife, but I told him it wasn't necessary. He went out of his way and was so nice about it. I am sure there were plenty of people at the hotel, but we saw almost no one, and we slept soundly with no hallway noise. The breakfast area in the morning was very nice and perfectly clean. We were the only ones in there at around 7:00am, which was surprising but nice. The food was mostly the standard fare, but there was a pancake machine ( never seen one) and they were delicious, and the cinnamon rolls were really good, too. We have always stayed at the Sheraton when we have come to Surrey, which is about 4 blocks away. There, you have to pay for Wi-Fi, you have to pay (a lot) for parking, and there is no free breakfast. At the Holiday Inn Express, the room was just as nice, the parking is free right out front, the Wi-Fi is free, and there is a nice, free breakfast. Oh, and the room rate is much more reasonable, too. This is my new hotel in Surrey.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Smart Choice among Vancouver Area Hotels! Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Surrey. Located just outside of Canada's third-largest city, guests of our cozy hotel experience big city convenience with rural hospitality. Combining the best of the business and leisure worlds, our hotel in Surrey stands out from the crowd of other British Columbia hotels. Business travelers appreciate our convenient on-site meeting facilities, perfect for a corporate briefing, training seminar or board meeting. Even more convenient is our Surrey hotel's unbeatable location near local business and corporations, with easy access to the Trans Canada Highway and big businesses in nearby Vancouver. Guests in town on vacation find our location among the best of British Columbia hotels. Because we are located just east of Vancouver, our hotel's guests can enjoy the attractions and shopping downtown without forsaking the charming rural pleasures located further inland. Surrey's numerous recreational parks and outdoor activities are a sign of what lies just minutes away after escaping the city. Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Surrey, and you can relax in elegant rooms with stylish decor and modern amenities, including free high-speed, wireless Internet access and a mini fridge and microwave in all rooms. Impressive among Vancouver hotels, our amenities include an indoor pool, hot tub, sauna and Fitness Ctr. And enjoy a free breakfast with a view of woodlands and wildlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, IHG, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Surrey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Surrey
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Surrey Hotel Surrey
- Holiday Inn Express Surrey
- Holiday Inn Surrey