...but it did not live up to my expectations. Stayed here for six nights in August. Jason, the fellow at the desk when we checked in was outstanding. He went above and beyond to make sure we had a great stay. Kudos to him for that. The day staff were also very good and helped us with maps and restaurant suggestions. As for housekeeping, some staff were great and others not so much. The first part of our stay - Wed, Thurs, Friday and Sat were good; the room was cleaned in a timely manner and we had no issues. Not so for Sunday and Monday. Found lots of stray dark hairs in the bathroom on those days and no one in our party had dark hair. One of the biggest complaints I had was with the parking situation. I have a disabled placard and there were only 4 stall available. The stalls to the right of the door were great; large and well situated. The other two were disasters! I had to park in one to the left of the doors on two occasions and since the stall was on a slope, it was difficult to exit my vehicle. One evening, I had to go out to pick up my son and when I got back there were no stalls available. Since walking is my issue, I was concerned. Many patrons parked in two stalls so I was forced to take one of the last remaining stalls near a wooded area behind the hotel. Not exactly safe especially for someone who is unable to walk very well. There was a security guard in the parking lot but he was little help. He did come over to ask if I was ok but did not accompany me to the hotel. Inside, I spoke with the staff member on duty and he seemed indifferent. This facility offers a "free" breakfast but it was not very good. I guess you get what you pay for. I ate there two out of my six mornings. Room temperature was also an issue but only on the last two days. I did mention it to Jason who offered to move me but since it was our last evening, I did not want the hassle of having to move rooms. We put up with the blowing cold for a couple of days...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Smart Choice among Vancouver Area Hotels! Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Surrey. Located just outside of Canada's third-largest city, guests of our cozy hotel experience big city convenience with rural hospitality. Combining the best of the business and leisure worlds, our hotel in Surrey stands out from the crowd of other British Columbia hotels. Business travelers appreciate our convenient on-site meeting facilities, perfect for a corporate briefing, training seminar or board meeting. Even more convenient is our Surrey hotel's unbeatable location near local business and corporations, with easy access to the Trans Canada Highway and big businesses in nearby Vancouver. Guests in town on vacation find our location among the best of British Columbia hotels. Because we are located just east of Vancouver, our hotel's guests can enjoy the attractions and shopping downtown without forsaking the charming rural pleasures located further inland. Surrey's numerous recreational parks and outdoor activities are a sign of what lies just minutes away after escaping the city. Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Surrey, and you can relax in elegant rooms with stylish decor and modern amenities, including free high-speed, wireless Internet access and a mini fridge and microwave in all rooms. Impressive among Vancouver hotels, our amenities include an indoor pool, hot tub, sauna and Fitness Ctr. And enjoy a free breakfast with a view of woodlands and wildlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, IHG, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Surrey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Surrey
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Surrey Hotel Surrey
- Holiday Inn Express Surrey
- Holiday Inn Surrey