“holiday inn express and suites surrey”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Surrey
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Surrey
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
“holiday inn express and suites surrey”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Great hotel, road work made it a challenge to enter, but the rooms were clean and well maintained, the breakfast buffet was good to..Will definitely return.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Cheryl_N_GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Surrey, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you for your kind words, and we are looking forward to the roadwork being completed also.
We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Korean first
London, Canada
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I stayed here mid-week to attend an interview in Surrey. I asked for a room in a quiet location to prepare for the interview and the staff were very accommodating.
The king room was to the standard you would expect from the HI chain - clean, nicely appointed and the window opens. The breakfast was typical for this class of hotel - whether in Newfoundland, Ontario or BC more or less the same items are offered. Parking was not an issue nor was there any issue with the nearby road and townhouse construction. The daily Globe and Mail is always a nice touch and appreciated.
The only down side of this property is that, apart from "an upscale Denny's" across the road, there are no restaurants in the immediate area. You have to either drive or walk 30 minutes to access any restaurants.
Despite this, I would definitely recommend this hotel for business travellers.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the "courtyard" side away from traffic noise.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
It is wonderful to read your positive review and I can appreciate your comment regarding the inconvenience of not being surrounded by restaurants in our immediate area. The Guildford Station Pub is the next closest to the ABC Family Restaurant across the street, and it is a great place as previous reviewers have mentioned, but it would be a 15 min. walk to get there. 152nd Street, 6 block from us, is the main corridor of over 15 restaurants to choose from and some would be up to a 30 min. walk away.
Thank you for recommending our hotel to business travelers despite this fact, we truly appreciate your time and effort to say great things about our hotel!
Langley City, Canada
Reviewed July 5, 2012

So much for a good nights sleep, why hotels would put a couple below a family with children is beyond me. could hear kids running up and down the halls and above us. We had a room with a nice soaker tub, room was nice but the stay, not so much. when I mentioned it to the manager, her comment was, "oh, that sucks when that happens" not impressed with that at all.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JoyMarieJ
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Surrey, responded to this review, July 8, 2012
Thank you for your review. I truly appreciate that you mention that the hotel and your room was nice and you enjoyed the soaker tub.
I would love the opportunity to address your concern about what you recall was my response to you reporting a noisy family above you. Please feel free to contact me directly at gm@hiesurrey.com.
I am most disappointed that you did not enjoy your time at our hotel and would like to speak with you further, I hope you allow me that chance.
Thank you again for taking the time to post your review.
Calgary
Reviewed June 22, 2012

We wanted to stay in Surrey for 3 nights to attend to some personal business in Surrey & Vancouver and this was a good choice. We had a south facing / garden vew room and it was very quiet. The staff was competent and friendly. The included breakfast was better than average. It doesn't have a restaurant or bar but we found a nice neighbourhood pub (Guildford Station) a few blocks away and we walked there 2 evenings, cutting through a nice park. You might avoid this short-cut after dark.

Room Tip: Probably avoid a room facing 104 Avenue (north side) as it has a lot of traffic.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I Travel to Vancouver regularly for business, And Finding The "RIGHT" hotel for my needs is tough at times. this holiday inn met and far exceeded my needs and expectations. Great Value And rooms Extremely comfortable and CLEAN. hotel is VERY Quiet,, the hotel staff is very friendly and attentive,, and like most holiday inn's,, treat you like family. In al Honestly, i have no negative comments,, Best Hotel i've stayed at in a long time!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ken S
I cannot express how much your great words of encouragement and praise mean to us all, thank you very much for sharing your glowing recommendation!
We hope to see you again soon.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I had a quick trip to Surrey for business June 17 (one night) and stayed at this hotel. It was convenient to get to from the SkyTrain and it was a short cab ride to my meeting in the morning. The breakfast was great - hot, healthy and lots of choice for non-meat eaters and lots of fruit. While I was leaving I mentioned to Cheryl that I was looking for a Starbucks because they have soya milk, she said that had they known, she was more than happy to have gotten me some soya milk. So, just a suggestion for the future, your hotel can keep the small tetra packs of soya milk and should anyone ask, you'd have it available (and they have a pretty long shelf life when unopened). Great location, great price, nice room. I was in room 339, and found that when you walked in front of the TV cabinet the cabinet doors shook/vibrated. The main road is busy, but the traffic dies down at the end of the day. I had a room facing the back. Thanks so much Cheryl,

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your great review and perfect suggestion!
We now have tetra packs of soy milk available for any guest who requires it.
They owe it all to you!
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed May 24, 2012

I travel to the Vancouver area every month on business and stay at this hotel almost every time. Everything that this hotel offers allows for me to conduct my business in an effective manner from the breakfast in the morning to the pool for some exercise to the friendly service at the front desk. This last visit I realised three hours away from the hotel that I possibly had left my wallet on the desk in the room. While I had no concerns about the security of my wallet, Alison confirmed this for me while I stayed on the phone and then had the wallet brought down to the front desk and put in an envelope for me for added peace of mind. Their professional and friendly service makes it a very easy choice as to where to stay every month!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business