“Good food, but "tidying up" needed.”
Review of Luna Loca - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Luna Loca
Cuisines: Mexican
Vancouver
“Good food, but "tidying up" needed.”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

My husband and I went to the restaurant for dinner with an Entertainment coupon. We had to wait a few minutes to be seated, which was odd, it was only 5ish. Eventually we were greeted by a smiling face and led to our seats.

Once seated I noticed my view was an open door into a larger room, a broom, a mop, and a pile of wrought iron walling leaning up against the wall. Not very aesthetically pleasing. The service was fine, our waitress cheerful.

The place, especially the outside patio, could use a face lift. Plastic tables and chairs, old plastic tableclothes, looked like it needed a good clean.

I did give it 4 stars, because we both thoroughly enjoyed our food. I had a chicken fatita, hubby, burritos and enchalatas. Appy's of jalepino poppers and crispy "spring roll type" batter, stuffed with ground beef, potatoe and chicken. (please excuse any and all spelling errors!) We also had a drink each; I a margarita, and hubby a Corona.

The bill was $67.00 after our coupon, including tax, but not gratuity. We left feeling satisfied and would go back.

• Visited September 2012

Surrey, Canada
“Starting to slip from the glory days of the past”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

A long time restaurant from White Rock and now Surrey, we visited with an Entertainment Coupon. Unfortunately, the restaurant has seen better days.

We were seated outside on the patio where there was once a garden. Regtefully, the garden was overgrown with weeds. It actually stressed me out because it reminded me of all the weeding I need to do in my own garden. It's been a while since I've sat on a patio with weeds.

The first impression continued to disappoint. The food was obviously microwaved and had a light crisp coating over the beans. Although they had live music, which was great, the experience was underwhelming, even with a discount coupon.

On the plus side, the restaurant was busy on Saturday and the menu was very competitively priced. The service from our server was also excellent and very personable. . .

• Visited August 2012
West Vancouver, Canada
“uninspiring”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

My spouse and I went last week-end for lunch to use a coupon from the Entertainment book. We've been a few times (always to use a coupon), and the decor tries to be southwestern, but the art is about as well as I could do (and I'm no artist!). Service is sometimes slow, sometimes ok. Our waitress greeted us with a smile and 'you're my second table today!' (this was at 2pm in the afternoon!). Food was hot, but slightly over-cooked, and the salad had been placed on the hot dish and therefore was warm (ick). It may be better evenings as apparently week-ends there is live guitar, but lunch is a meal and some leftovers for the next day.

• Visited May 2012