“Fresh food”

Add it.
Al & Jan's Fish & Chips
Ranked #8 of 923 Restaurants in Surrey
Reviewed November 10, 2017 via mobile

Ordered the famous fish and chips.
Cod was cooked perfect.
The fries order was huge.
Food arrived fast and tasty

Reviewed September 7, 2017

i only have the halibut. it is the best i've had in surrey. resturant is small but very good.
always hot never waited very long even when busy. lots of parking. must try. enjoy

Reviewed August 26, 2017

Was told about this place by a friend who lives near the place. It is a small place and the kitchen is open to the eating area. We sat down and noticed this place is popular with the senior citizens. The average customers age was 75. Anyways, we had onion rings and cod fish and chips. They serve beer there so we had a few brews. The food came quickly and looked okay. The portions were of acceptable size. The onions rings were pretty good but I found the fish a little wet, the batter soft and the fries somewhat hard. I am not a regular connoisseur of fish and chips so I am not an expert but I found the food just okay. I think I've had better at White Spot. Overall, just acceptable.

Reviewed June 29, 2017

We came here for the All-You-Can-Eat COD and chips. Still as good as in years past! Prices are up to $14.95 for it, but it is well worth it! Other places that have cut their prices have also changed to fish other that COD!

The only thing I have to say of concern is that "Al" has had some medical problems and no longer works at the restaurant. "Jan" is still going like a dynamo though! But it crossed my mind that if Jan gets tired of doing this on her own....

Best advice... go there now! You never know when things will change in the future.

I am making an effort to come more often so I can enjoy this restaurant before it becomes something I can only reminisce about with the kids.

Reviewed May 24, 2017 via mobile

I'm an English girl and I can tell you the fish and chips here are to die for. So crispy, white and flaky and smoking hot. Don't get me started on the Mushy peas! It's all fabulous. The price is also very reasonable.