“NEVER AGAIN!”

Reviewed March 20, 2011

All I need to say is BED BUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!nn

• Stayed: March 2011
3  Thank Jbll4
BestWesternPeaceArch, General Manager at Best Western Peace Arch Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2011

I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. We strive to ensure each and every guest experience is satisfying. We have recently called a “bed bug expert” into our hotel for inspection and no bed bugs were found. We have never experienced a problem with bed bugs in the past and we are doing everything at our hotel to prevent bed bugs. Again, I apologize any inconveniences you may have had during your stay. Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart and our focus is on guest satisfaction.

Reviewed August 3, 2010

Our stay here was very good. We stayed for 4 nights and got a very good rate. The rooms were clean and adequate. The beds? More comfortable than my own. Shower was warm any time of day, plenty of towels. Everything was in good repair. The staff was friendly and helpful. The location was great for what we needed. We did not eat the breakfast offered, had other plans, but look like good standard hotel breakfast. My husband enjoyed the pool and hot tub every morning.
Ok, now for the 2 draw backs. The parking was an issue only when we got back later in the evening, the hotel was fully booked. Did find an odd spot but it worked.
We had tried to sleep with the window open but the street noise could be very loud. Eventually we closed the window and turned on the fan. That was a great "white noise" that did the trick.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kathy8992
Reviewed February 28, 2010

We were pleasantly surprised by clean rooms and friendly staff at the hotel. They were very helpful and had maps at the ready and snack bags to take with on the road. The public areas were clean as well as the room. The computer was great with a nice printer; we were able to fax and print what we needed. The breakfast was good with hot coffee, cereal, pancakes, and oatmeal. We would recommend this hotel to others looking for affordable rooms close to the bus line. We were able to catch a bus and get to the sky-train to downtown. It took some time but was nice not to have to hassle with parking downtown.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 12, 2007

I stayed for 3 nights, the rate was $79/night. The room was very clean, the hotel was very clean, the gentleman working the front desk was very helpful as I had never been to Vancouver before, and he helped with directions. I didnt make use of the free breakfast, but it looked very standard, nothing extraordinary. It was in a good location in Surrey, right on King George, the main road, the only knock I have against it, is that the parking isnt the greatest. The pool and the hot tub were great!!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled solo
Reviewed August 25, 2007

I stayed here with my wife and 15 yr old child. I’m actually writing this from the Hotel as I wait for the rest of my family to get ready to leave. We chose this place because it was close to the surprise party we were attending.....also because it is a Best Western. First of all it’s hard to believe it’s a Best Western Hotel. It used to be an Econo Lodge motel and still looks and feels like one once in the room.

We are being charged $135 plus taxes …so add another $25 …for a $65 quality room. When I questioned the price over the phone I was told hat the hotel was sold out for the Saturday we needed and there was only one room left. Judging from the number of cars in their parking lot, that night, most of their guests must have walked here, because it was not even close to full. I think this is the standard story they tell you to justify the gouging.

I've stayed in nicer college dorm rooms. I'm not exaggerating! The carpets here are gross with huge stain/smudge marks…. I hate to think what they might be. The lighting is really bad. They must be scrimping on the wattage and the bulbs themselves. One of the lamps is designed for 2 bulbs but only has one in it. I know most hotel rooms have poor lighting but this place is the worst I’ve seen in this department and I spend a lot of time in hotels.

This standard room is small, cramped and lacking any esthetic appeal what so ever. The bathroom is so-so but the sink tap only gives hot or warm water … no cold. The toilet seat is badly stained and peeling on the underside. The TV is fine and has a timer so you can set it to turn off when you fall asleep. I did appreciate the free wireless Internet. I don’t think we will try their breakfast because we’d rather go to the IHOP about 3 blocks from here. And judging from what I’ve already seen here and the other reviews I just recently read, I don’t want to risk it.

The back entrance from the parking lot has a broken security lock. Its supposed to be a card read entrance security system but has been damaged and now opens at will. Anyone can walk in off the street and end up in your hallway.

Best Western should be more selective on which hotels they let in their chain. Hotels like this brings the corporate name down a few pegs.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank StephenF
Reviewed April 22, 2007

Where to start? This hotel refused to believe we had a confirmed on-line booking - even after we showed them THEIR email to us. They said there was no room and my companion said 'no way' .. you inconvenience someone else but not us. Anyway, we were in and the room was neat but lacking many basics - no glasses, coffee mugs, tissue or remote control for the TV. The next day, my companion received a phone call from the hotel asking when we was going to check in. He said 'we are already there' and they had no record of us although we were already in a room. Didn't get it and wondered if we'd be booted out. Breakfast was bland, stale and didn't appear fresh. Coffee powder whitener as well which was unacceptable. The toilet backed up and when we asked the front desk for a plunger, they advised they didn't have one. One of the housekeeping staff had to run out and buy one. Location is so-so .. not in a great area but if you don't care that your view is an empty lot or a major road, it won't bother you. Need to drive to everything .. nothing is in walking distance. Very noisy within the hotel .. not a lot of privacy or quiet.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank elusiveone
Reviewed May 16, 2006

My family stayed here for 3 days after staying at BW King George Inn. We thought it would be comparable or better, based on the price. What a mistake! The continental breakfast the first day was resurrected again each day, except the leftovers were now in a tupperware container. There was no fresh cream/milk for coffee, just powdered whitener. The juice jug was obviously brought out again for the three days we stayed, because the level went down. There were no Do Not Disturb signs on any doors. The pool area had no towels. I would not recommend this hotel. It's worth the drive to King George.

• Stayed: May 2006
2  Thank khussey9
Also consider these accommodations in or near Surrey
South Surrey
Days Inn Surrey
#11 of 19 in Surrey
Fleetwood
Comfort Inn & Suites Surrey

Been to Best Western Peace Arch Inn? Share your experiences!