My sister and I just came back from Canada. I don't hesitate to write the terrible experience that we had experienced in this hotel. The hotel itself is clean, neat and comfortable, however, some hotel personnels are aloof and incompetent. We stayed at this hotel for 12 days, we could have gone to a better hotel but this hotel is near the house of our sister (who lives nearby). We were quite happy that this hotel has an indoor swimmingpool, a small fitness room and a hot tub. On the first day of our stay, we went swimming early in the morning at 6:30, 15 minutes after we entered the pool, a bald headed young man came in and asked when we are getting out of the pool. At first I thought he was a pool cleaner, I told him politely that we would be out of the pool at 7:30, he told me that he needed the pool for himself, I told him firmly that we will be out of the pool at 7:30, he left quite upset. At 7am, another skin head young man came in carrying a "boom box", few minutes after the first young man came too, they turned the radio full blast and started throwing chairs around, making loud noises. I came to realize that these 2 skin heads were trying to intimidate us by loud music and noises. At 7:30, we got out of the pool, I called the reception (there is a phone at the pool area) to report the action, a young lady came to checked but apparently go intimidated too but didn't take any action, few minutes later another employee came in and we told him that these two men were bullying us, again no action was taken. We reported this matter to the hotel manager Andrew and told him that he should do something to protect his clients. We also made it clear to him that if this matter happens again, we will be out of the hotel in no time and will report this incident to the CEO of Best Western Hotel because my brother in law is a high raking official in the US Army. Well, to make story short. I just want to share this bad experience with the readers. I am a avid traveller and have stayed in many hotels, but never had such terrible experience before.
The room (third floor) we stayed is facing two busy streets and 2 restaurants frequented by truck drivers and they are opened till early in the morning, so there are lots of noises around, fortunately the windows are double glazed, but if you need fresh air, I'm afraid that all you'll get are polluted air and noises, as much as possilbe, avoid rooms with odd numbers, the rooms with even number are facing some residential areas which I guess is a lot more quite than the other side, the rooms are functional and clean. I've noticed that even all the rooms on the third floor are non-smoking as mentioned by another reviewer, we can smell heavy cigarette smoke in the corridor. The cleaning staff don't greet their guests not unless you great them first. There is just one elevator in this hotel.
Continental breakfast is not so bad, it's the same everyday. This hotel is very far from downtown Vancouver, there are nothing interesting around the area. If you are a tourist who wants to see more, choose a hotel in downtown Vancouver. Our stay in Vancouver is not a pleasure trip. we were there to visit our sister who was operated. We have been in this beautiful city many times. We have stayed at Hyatt Hotel and Marriott Pinnacle, they are the hotels that meet your every expectation, and above all, your safety.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western King George Inn & Suites features 71 fully-equipped deluxe hotel rooms and suites. Whether you're traveling for business or pleasure, you'll be surrounded by conveniences to make you feel at home. Our hotel is ideally located in the city's business district. We are close to SFU, Kwantlen Polytechnic University, only four kilometres from Surrey Memorial Hospital, and the closest Best Western to the Skytrain. Our central location offers you the opportunity to explore many of the fun things to do in Surrey and the Vancouver area. Numerous ski hills are within a one-hour drive of the city, or choose to dine at the beach after a visit to one of our premier golf courses. We strive to consistently offer exceptional service and value at Best Western King George Inn & Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Best Western, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western King George Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus King George Hotel Surrey
- Best Western Plus King George Inn And Suites
- Best Western Surrey
- Surrey Best Western