“So glad we chose to stay here!”

Best Western Plus King George Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Surrey
Courtenay, Canada
“So glad we chose to stay here!”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

My daughters volleyball team was playing in the Provincials in Delta. I chose the BWKG because it was close to the venue. Was worried to book a hotel sight unseen for 12 people, but was absolutely thankful I chose this hotel! The service was great! They had our rooms ready early, and they were very clean! The beds were comfortable and there was more than enough space for 4 people per room. The pool and hot tub were very clean and perfect temperature. The complimentary hot breakfast was great! Everyone found something they wanted to eat and it was good. Sausage and mini omelette first morning and bacon and scrambled egg patty second morning. There were many other items offered as well.... And oddly enough... The coffee was good!
The price was fantastic, considering 12 people ate breakfast each morning and we probably saved $120!

We will definitely stay here again!
Thanks for a great memorable Provincial volleyball trip!

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank anna b
Jenni-lynn H, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus King George Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
We are very glad you chose to stay with us as well! Your team was polite and respectful of noise policies which makes a huge difference when staying in a smaller hotel like ours. Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback and I am overjoyed to hear we were able to satisfy everyone's various needs while you were here. We look forward to serving you and your team again in the future.

Yours Truly,

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Nice hotel, friendly people. The room was well appointed and comfortable, good internet service, -- nice breakfast service. Lighting in the room could have been a bit brighter for reading. If you are in Surrey, BC, this is your best option.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Joann L
Jenni-lynn H, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus King George Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. Feedback is essential from past guests like yourself so we can improve where needed. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review!

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I travel quite frequently for my work, and have family in Surrey, but had never tried this hotel. I had stayed at the Guildford S, as well as frequently at the Pan Pacific downtown...I should have saved my money all these years.
The Best western Plus King George was spotlessly clean, very quiet, (which I really appreciated as I spent whole days in conferences/meetings) and very safe. At night you could only come in with your hotel key, which was very commendable.
I was able to have breakfast every morning, and it was so very good, that I felt a bit guilty that it was free, so left a tip for the breakfast attendant daily. There was also fresh coffee 24/7 downstairs, or you could brew yours in room.
I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. The staff were great (thanks Keith!). I am due back in BC december 20th and will definitely be spending my time there.
I hope the standards are kept up, as my experience was really good. Highly Recommend. A.D

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Amie D
Jenni-lynn H, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus King George Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write us a review Amie. We appreciate your comments and I am very happy to hear everything with your stay was how we intended it to be. Thank you for mentioning Keith by name. Now I can pass your kind words on to him personally! We look forward to seeing you again in December!

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I was completely surprised by this hotel, all of my expectations having been surpassed. I had been to Surrey before and stayed at one of the so called higher end hotels. This time, wanting to try something different, this hotel was chosen. What a gem. Honestly, the only difference for me, between this place and the fancier place I stayed in last time other than the $50.00 per night price difference, (and room service and on site resto/bar, if these things matter to you) was the view. I had a ground floor room this time which obviously had no view. Not a big deal to me. What this place does have, which is a big deal, is free in room internet and free breakfast. As for the room itself, it was large, the bed was a king and comfortable, there was a full sitting area, and the bathroom, although not the biggest, had lots of fluffy towels and toiletries. The toiletries were a real surprise as I expected there to be none. The breakfast had lots and lots of choice and included a hot portion such as eggs and bacon, one day, omlets and sausage the next, which changed every day over the 3 nights I was there. Lots of bread and cereal choices as well as fruit. Yum. The staff were very friendly and lastly, the entire place was spotless. Don't think I have ever seen such a clean bathroom, seriously.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank cheerleader99
Jenni-lynn H, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus King George Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for all your kind words regarding your stay with us. The experience you had with us is made possible by our amazing team here at the hotel and the hard work they put into everything. We hope you will visit again and if you do please request a room on the top floor and we will try our best to get you a view! Thank you again!

vancouver
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We booked family between these two best western locations (surrey and peace arch). The surrey location was amazing and very helpful but the peace arch location was awful. Terrible customer service. Avoid!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Sheyna1983
Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. I am disappointed though to hear your stay with the other Best Western in town was not satisfactory. We work hard to ensure as many guests as possible leave happy and I am pleased this was the case for you. Thank you again for your comments!

sechelt, Canada
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Clean, friendly smiling staff. Competitive rates. Great variety of breakfast items. No unpleasant surprises. Everything is as it claims. Stayed many times, never had a unpleasant experience. Always the same.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Colleen L
Jenni-lynn H, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus King George Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
First off I would like to thank you for staying with us through the years. Many of our business is from guests like you who have stayed on many occasions. We appreciate your patronage. Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit Colleen.

100 Mile House, BC, Canada
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Everything was wonderful we were really happy. The staff was wonderful, they were helpful and pleasant. Made us feel very welcome.WE are really excited about staying there again.We used the pool and that was very well set up, clean had a tv. The decor was beautiful and the facility was very clean

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Kelly C
Jenni-lynn H, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus King George Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
What a great review to see first thing this morning. Thank you for taking the time to write us feedback regarding your stay with us. I am delighted to hear it was a positive one. We strive to offer the best product we can and provide the best customer service possible. Reviews like yours let me know that we are doing just that. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the area!