Best Western King George Inn & Suites
$155
$126
$133
$105
Days Inn Surrey(Surrey)(Great Value!)
$99
$124
$116
Travelocity
Best Western Peace Arch Inn(Surrey)(Great Value!)
$93
All reviewsking georgequeen suitememorial hospitalwafflesexcellent locationspacious roombest westernspool and hot tubhotel is cleancontinental breakfasteasy accessfront desk staffsurrey areadowntown vancouverfridge and microwaveshort drivewould stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Happy with my stay overall, staff was nice and knowledgeable, inside was real clean, beds were very comfortable (and clean!), price wise it was very competitive for what and where (general area) I was looking for..

Can't speak to the continental breakfast (which they did point out at my arrival was available) or the pool (also offered).

The only part that was unsatisfactory was my room adjoined another room by a inner door, they really need to put a better weather stripping or seal around it as the person next door had a rather loud voice which constantly carried into my room.

The bathroom was clean, shower had lots of hot water and very good pressure and lots of towels were provided.

Bed was very comfortable and had lots of pillows, also alarm clock was a Timex and very easy to use/set..

The hotel is located right off a major 4 lane road but I did not find any real road noise carrying into my room, although if you need to leave during a busy time, go through the back parking lot to the side road, which I didn't find out about until my last day by mentioning it in passing to one of the staff (might have been helpful during the three days I was there).

Booking online was very easy so Check-in was fast and efficient, Checkout was nice and fast, and the girl working was very friendly and I could tell she took pride in what she was doing and the hotel she worked for.

While price was a very big factor in my decision to stay here, I am very glad I did and would have no problem recommending to anyone who is looking for a reasonably priced hotel in Surrey, British Columbia - especially if it is to someone who was in my situation of never having been to the city and not knowing what 'areas' are safe to stay in the city.

Some of the reviews I found on Google had me concerned about the general area in Surrey, this hotel should not have been listed among them, I was confident leaving my car in the lot and no concerns walking from it to the hotel entrance day or night.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank JASON C
BWKG, Front Office Manager at Best Western King George Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

I am delighted to hear you had such a great stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our hotel. Also, thank you for the comments regarding the adjoining rooms. I am happy to hear my staff delivered the customer service we pride ourselves on. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Decent hotel, had to stay here in between house moves. My room was decent, but there was a pet smell and to cover it up i guess they used carpet deoderizer. I ended up staying overnight at a friends. My kids stayed here once and had no problems. Very friendly and nice staff. Better care could be taken by housekeeping. i.e. please vacuum behind bathroom door. lol

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Mark D
BWKG, Front Office Manager at Best Western King George Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your experience. I apologize for not exceeding your expectations in regards to our housekeeping department. I plan to bring the concerns forward that you have provided. There is always room for improvement with everything we do as an organization and feedback such as yours is vital. Thank you again for your feedback and I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

This little hotel has a 3 star rating, and I wasn't expecting much. The location was perfect (right on the bus route). The staff was friendly and helpful at the front desk, cleaning rooms, and at the pool. The facilities were clean and well presented. The pool and hot tub were warm and well maintained. The beds were comfortable, and the complimentary breakfast was truly a delicious treat! I thought it was excellent value for the money!

Room Tip: Choose toward the back of the hotel where there is less hall traffic, or run the fan, so you don't hear people in the hall.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Gillian S

Thank you very much for your comments about your stay with our hotel. We are very happy to hear you had a great stay!

Reviewed October 2, 2012

The hotel was clean and decently appointed, though nothing special. The staff, however, was very friendly and helpful with ideas on getting into Vancouver via train, etc. Breakfast at the hotel is lacking - I'd also suggest avoiding the Kalmar across the street. Have a donut or something instead.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank mfinch76
BWKG, Front Office Manager at Best Western King George Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Thank you for your feedback regarding our hotel. I am happy to hear you had a great experience with my staff. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again on your next trip back to Canada!

Reviewed September 13, 2012

It was good experience. The buidling is nice. I wonder how big the building is and how big the lot is. I like the lobby room with many facilities. How big is the lobby? It seems not big enough if it's for many people. The pool room is great. 2 pools and 1 fitness room. I wonder how big is the pool room? I enjoyed my stay there. It's not noisy though close to the main road. Just hope someone who stayed there before can answer my questions above. Many thanks!

Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
BWKG, Front Office Manager at Best Western King George Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. Sorry for the late reply. It took me a little bit to track down the information to answer your questions! So to answer your questions, the pool/fitness area is around 2,000 square feet and the lobby is roughly 625 square feet. I hope these answers help. I am happy to hear you had a good stay with us. Hope to see you again sometime again in the future.