“Great Steakhouse”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Canadian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Guildford
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Great service for large work party, food was served quickly and excellently prepared. Staff were courteous without being overly attentive. Food is always great at the Keg. Only disappointment was the unavailability of their wonderful escargot, but due to a world wide shortage nothing the restaurant could control.

1  Thank Dr_Kip

Reviewed December 1, 2012

We went to the Key for a later dinner due to our work, ate in the bar as no booths available in the resturant, it was quite busy. Tried their new dip, Sante Fe Chicken Dip, it was totally awesome and a nice change. We then shared the creole chicken, a nice dish but not quite as good as we remembered, so we shared out thoughts and they offered us a desert on the house but we were already full, so we declined. We told the management they didn't have to do anything but they took off the appy dip anyway. Total dedication to customer service, a nice surprise. Although the prices are a bit higher, they give you big servings, enough that we can share an one appy and one entre.

1  Thank LadysmithTravellers
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We invited our friends to the Guilford Keg for their 15-th wedding anniversary. Our experience with the Keg dates back many years and it has always been the positive one. We were not disappointed this time, however we were somewhat surprised by the prices jump. The main course costs now about $35 - $40 (steak), for chicken deduct up to $10. The food was excellent. We all had steaks which were "melting" in our mouths. Apparently they serve more veggies now with your food (asparagus, zuccini, red peppers). Our anniversary friends were offered their choice of desserts on the house which was very nice gesture (app. $7 each dish). Waiter was quick and attentive, wine was a first class and we certainly had a good time. Overall bill for four people and without a tip was $200. It seems to me that in spite of offering a delicoius food the Keg prices are going to keep many potential costumers away.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

We celebrated our 38th wedding anniversary here as we'd been given $75 in gift certificates which obviously didn't cover the cost. Hadn't been to the Keg for a few years and probably won't return for a few years. The wait staff are very friendly and provided good service - but - the food is brought far too quickly. My husband hadn't finished his salad when the appetizers arrived. We hadn't finished these when the main course arrived. The food was piping hot so we didn't eat cold food but it makes you feel rushed. Also I didn't find my steak that good. I'm not really into complaining and sending food back so just left it. They did give us a complimentary small bottle of champagne for our anniversary which was nice. There are other restaurants with similar prices that I'd prefer to go to for a special occasion.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

My husband and I went to the Keg for our 9th anniversary. It was a Thursday night, and we were seated right away. I ordered a Margarita, which was a bit bland, and my husband a Caesar, which he said was good. We both had Caesar salads to start, which were disappointing. I did however give the overall rating a "very good" because the entrees were delicious. My husband had the ribs and I had the chicken oscar. My husband's only complaint was he would have liked some veggies on the side, but you only get a choice of one accompaniment, and he choose potatoes. Mine came with seafood and asparagus on top of the chicken, of course with an excellent sauce, and potatoe. The service was good and the food didn't "come too fast", which I like. The thing that stood out to me was the price. For their Classic dinners, that come with a Caesar salad and potatoe, the cost is $35.00. Probably their best deal. Our bill came to $107.00, for two meals, two salads and three drinks. You will be paying at least $24.00 or up for a meal. Having said that, I was amazed at how people were there, including people with young kids! A nice place to go for a special occasion, but I would not go back for any other reason.