“Hotel stands by its 100% guarantee after a disturbing night”

Hampton Inn & Suites Langley Surrey
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Surrey
Reviewed April 23, 2010

I have no complaint about this hotel's commitment to customer care after a simple administrative error made my night here less than restful. This hotel uses electronic card key entry for elevators and the room. So as a lone female it was very unnerving to wake up at 12.20AM with someone trying to get into my room, succeeding in opening the door a few inches before the intruder bolt at the top of the door stopped it with a bang and the person closed the door and walked away. Panicked, my mind was racing as to who it could be, a member of staff? On high alert, and after eventually falling asleep again I was woken by three or more men talking loudly in the hallway (my room 312 was right by the elevator, that may have had something to do with it) calling out to one another down the corridor. I was wakened again at 5am by the increasing heavy goods vehicle traffic on the Langley bypass - I had turned off the room's air conditioning unit in the window to try to sleep, but that just seemed to make the traffic more noticeable, and I did not sleep any more. The front counter staff were extremely courteous, and it turned out a simple administrative error meant my room was still shown as 'Cleaned' not "Occupied' so they had released it to another guest. They stood by their 100% satisfaction guarantee (which I was not actually aware of) and to my surprise I was offered a 100% refund. Would I still recommend this hotel? Yes, it was clean and comfortable and in the perfect location for my needs. But I do not like the in-room air conditioner units that are so noisy. The hot or cold breakfast buffet was basic but acceptable. I am sure this was a one-off mistake and frightening though it was (and imagine if I had NOT put the intruder bolt across?) the customer care was excellent. Just make sure you also deadbolt your door and hang the No Disturbance sign.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo

Reviewed January 12, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for three nights while I was visiting to attend a funeral of a very close loved one. While it was not the best of circumstances and my trip was extremely rushed, this hotel was really a pleasure to come 'home' to at the end of the day. The beds were very comfortable. It was quiet and clean. The front desk staff was friendly and remembered our faces. The continental breakfast was great...more than I expected. And, something particularly important to me, the water pressure in the shower was EXCELLENT. I was not able to make use of the fun pool with a water slide, nor the fitness room. I would definitely stay here again. It's close to friends and family as well as dining options.

• Stayed: January 2010
1  Thank Cuteshorn
Reviewed October 14, 2009

After reading the reviews on Trip Advisor, we were pretty excited to stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Langley-Surrey. To be really honest, we were quite let down with our stay. On the positive, the building's general appearance and lobby were up to par with many mid-level hotels. The pool and waterslide were cool and the rooms were generally quiet (from outside traffic). However, once you 'scratch the surface', you quickly see that the facade fades quickly. Firstly, the rooms are in need of a major makeover: windows, A/C, features, etc are from the '80's and are outdated (not working properly...). Our reservations were really messed up, e.g., we had pre-arranged a fridge/microwave for our room and when we arrived, we were questioned intensely by front desk personnel on such a simple request- they seemed really stressed and put out with the request. Equally, there were great mistakes with the bill- as we had paid for the room ahead of time on-line and during checkout, we were told that, 'this is an old policy, we don't do this anymore...' Yet, another agent said that the on-line bill had been processed... Confusing??? Yes... eventually, we resolved the matter. The breakfast spread was 'just okay' in comparison to other Hamptons' and mid-level hotels- staff seemed put out to replenish items, etc. Having to use your room key to continually ‘unlock’ the elevator, go between floors, etc. became a nuisance during our stay- it may be a safety feature due to a bar being attached onto the hotel (at one end). All in all, the Hampton Inn & Suites Langley-Surrey was just ‘okay’ and to be honest, below par on the whole, re: value, service, and amenities.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank SnowyCalgary
bestlighthouse, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Langley Surrey, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2009

Our hotel takes every comment from our guests very seriously. Our hotel is an award winning hotel and has been the top rated Hampton inn Hotel in Canada 3 times in the last seven years and has won the outstanding Quality assuarance Award 6 consecutive times. But having achieved these awards does not mean mistakes do not take place. I wish to apologise to you as we failed to meet your expectations and I believe we have set a very high bar from the other comments from our guests. Hampton inn has a 100% satisfaction Guarantee , where we guarantee three things - clean rooms, courteos service and everything working in the room. If we don't meet this criteria, we don't expect you to pay. Our Breakfast has now been upgraded even more, with introduction of an additional hot item including freshly baked waffles bar. In terms of Room decor and furniture, all rooms by spring of 2010 will be equipped with flat panel digital televisions. Safety and security of our guests is a top priority, and similar to other high end hotels, only registered guests are permitted to access the elevator to access the guest floors. Interms of microwave and fridges, all our studios and one bedroom suites have this as a standard amenity. We hope you will give us an opportunity to serve you again soon so we can earn the opportunity and privilege of serving you with our usual high standard of service and accommodations.

Reviewed October 7, 2009

I love this hotel. We've stayed here on numerous occasions with my daughters hockey team. They are fantastic to book with. Carla especially is amazing and goes above and beyond. The hot breakfast is terrific and the kids love the waterslide. We've also stayed there by ourselves as a family and really enjoyed the service and ammenities.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank VIMom
Reviewed May 20, 2009

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Suites for 12 days. It was a family vacation with my husband and 3 year old son. It was a wonderful experience overall.

The complimentary breakfast was delicious everyday, 2 hot items along with bagels, muffins, cereals and danishes. The pool was awesome a great slide for older children (there is a high min.) The staff was terrific and always eager to help. Our room was wonderful, we had a 1 bedroom suite, always clean and came with fridge, stove top, microwave as well as our own kettle and toaster.

I loved the little touches that come with Hampton Inns like the apples and cookies they have at the front desk during the afternoons and the complimentary tea, coffee and hot chocolate 24/7.

There's a little business center with free internet, printer to use as well a nice fitness center.

The location is great if you're renting a car. We were very close to many restaurants in the Langley area. Our favorites were East Side Mario's and The Old Spaghetti Factory. The local franchises we weren't too impressed with, "White Spot" and "The Pantry" were very disappointing. I HOP and Boston Pizza are within walking distance which is nice if you want to stay close by.

Overall, the best hotel I've stayed in, I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank supersweet06
Reviewed April 16, 2009

Stayed at the Hampton Inns & Suites in Langley April 11 - 13, 2009 and must comment on how well maintained and clean the property was. The desk staff always greeted us as we entered or left the hotel with a warm smile and asked how our day was. The breakfast in the morning was fantastic and offered both hot and cold items. All presented very nicely and all items found to be fresh and tasty. The room itself was nicely appointed, clean and well maintained. I was a little worried when I noticed that our room faced the railway tracks, but honestly did not hear a train pass once in the night and could barely hear the train pass when you could see it going by. Very well insulated rooms. We stayed three nights and the Hampton Inn and this hotel will be my first choice the next time we are in the area. I should also mention that I Manage the Number 1 TA rated hotel in Canmore so have very high expecations - the staff at this hotel exceeded mine. Well Done!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hospitalityexecutive
Reviewed February 1, 2009

Just stayed at the Hampton Inn Langley-Surrey last week and thought it was a cut above all other Hampton Inns I have stayed at- all of which I thought were just fine. The staff was friendly and welcoming and the room was comfortable and spotless. The breakfast had more options than I recall at other Hamptons.

Although I didn't use the pool it looked like the indoor pool and slide would be great fun for families with children.

There are train tracks behind the hotel and if you are sensitive to noise you may want to ask for a room in the front. I certainly noticed the trains while awake but they never woke me up so I don't know if they went by at night.

I ate one night at the nearby Kostas Greek restaurant and really enjoyed my meal.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank BoiseBusTrvlr