“I slept like a baby”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Vancouver, Canada
“I slept like a baby”
Reviewed August 10, 2010

Our stay at Ramada Langley was terrific. The early check-in really helped us plan our day better. The room was nice and spacious and convieniently had everything we needed in order to get ready for our plans that day. The hotel staff were very courteous and helped us with directions to our venue. Thank-you very much!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Ramada-LangleySurrey, General Manager at Ramada Surrey/Langley, responded to this review, March 18, 2011
On behalf of the staff & former hotel management, thank you for your wonderful review. We appreciate that you took the time to share your experience & post your review on Trip Advisor. Your positive feedback goes a long way!

Thank you & please visit again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Korean first
Victoria, BC
Reviewed October 16, 2009

My & my husband stayed overnight at the Ramada Langley location because we missed the last ferry to Victoria, we were looking for a hotel can provide nice clean room and with affordable rate. The quality of the room was exceed our expectation, and the price was very reasonable, the staff was very friendly and helpful, after we told her what we had been thru, she quickly process the check-in and not even 5 minutes later we already settle in our nice comfort room. They even provide complimentary breakfast in the morning, the breakfast room is a little bit small, but overall we enjoyed it. We will return to the same hotel again when we are in the area next time, and will recommend to my friends to stay with them.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Ramada-LangleySurrey, General Manager at Ramada Surrey/Langley, responded to this review, March 7, 2011
As the property's new General Manager, I wish to thank you for posting your comments and sharing your experience with the world. We're so happy you enjoyed your stay with us!
California
Reviewed July 6, 2009

When I had booked my hotel I was originally expecting it to be a very friendly
environment in which where I would be staying. I arrived and the front desk person was great, really polite and considerate. The next day I waited in the lobby because I needed to ask a question to the front desk receptionist. It looked as if her and the manager were sorting out some problems with another customer that had stayed there and was checking out. The manager was not treating the front desk clerk very nicely at all. It was almost like she was blaming her for something that was probably not even her fault. I am thinking that if the manager was not treating her own co-worker nicely how could she possibly be treating people who are staying there nicely. Anyhow, that poor customers issue was not resolved because the manager was not giving in to waive some sort of fee which was not even a big deal, because in the end the customera are always right aren't we? I will not stay at this hotel again, because I now know that if there is a problem, that management will not be there to resolve it for me. That manager should not even be a manager , especially if she cannot handle small situations well. She is extremely rude and can not even speak proper english. Do not stay at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
4 Thank cherrypop00
As the property's new General Manager, I can assure you that any issue that may arise will be addressed in a respectful, professsional & courteous manner.
Comox,British Columbia,Canada
Reviewed September 16, 2008

I was impressed withy this property as I didnt think it was in the best location,but the rooms and the hotel were very clean and much quiter than I expected as it is right on Highway #10.The beds were comfy,the furniture seemed new,the room had a little fridge and they had robes in the closet.
This hotel exceeded my expectations for a Ramada.The restaurant on site was good and if you have to do anyhting in Langley/South Surrey it is a reasonable commute.
Not a resort,but good accomodation

• Liked — Cleanliness,newness of decorum
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank islandrockin
On behalf of both management & staff of the hotel, please accept our thanks for your great review!

Thank you for staying with us!
Edmonton
Reviewed August 29, 2008

My requirements at the time of making the booking were (1) pet friendly and (2) all inclusive one charge to my credit card.

On arrival we were checked into a room and shifted an hour later as the receptionist didn't realize we had a small pet. An hour earlier they had no rooms at the lower level and none of the ones above had a microwave. We were charged a damage deposit of $300 plus a pet service fee of $30. None of which we expected considering we gave them complete information and a list of our requirements.

The charges were not an issue! The indifferent attitude and approach of the receptionist checking us in and a certain person at the call centre (1-800-myhotels) that made us check out within two days and move to a hotel down the block, where the service was simply superior.

Never going back and not suggesting it to friends. Indifferent and inconsiderate!

• Liked — Quiet
  • Disliked — Indifferent front desk staff
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank FerrolLobo
As the new General Manager of the hotel without historical information specific to your stay available, I can only apologize for any confusion encountered during your check-in /stay.

We are a Pet Friendly property, offering comfortable accommodation & competitive rates to people wanting to travel with their 4 legged friends.
Although pricing may vary slightly from property to property, we've done our homework & have found our security deposits & pet surcharges to be fair & well within industry standards.

Your pets are welcome & your business is appreciated!
Red Deer, Alberta
Reviewed July 22, 2008

Great location, great service and comfy beds and pillows! Would definitely stay here again. Kids loved the pool and the continental breakfast (complimentary) was very decent. Highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
On behalf of both the hotel managment & staff, please accept our thanks for your wonderful review!
We appreciate that you have a choice for local accommodation & thank you for staying with us.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed April 7, 2007

My wife and I as well as some relatives stayed at the Ramada for two nights during a business/pleasure trip to the coast. We usually stay at the Hampton Inn down the road, however, chose Ramada this time because of the great price. The location is also very good for anyone travelling to this area. Lots of shopping nearby and easy access to the major routes through the Lower Mainland.
I had known other people that had stayed here recently and they had indicated that the Ramada was getting a bit run down. It was a delight to see the major renovations that are being done, and when finished, the hotel will have a shiny new face. Very nicely done! So overall the rooms are very clean and newly decorated as is the lobby. And the renovations caused little disruption during our stay.
We really only had two complaints with the Ramada Express, otherwise, for the price, this is a very good hotel.
Check in was the slowest I have ever experienced. And it's not like there were other people checking in at the same time. The clerk kept having to answer the phone, and lost track of what whe was doing for us. The lobby was very busy with a large school group waiting for their bus, and she just couldn't seem to focus.
Once we did check in and got to our rooms, all was fine. Except the next afternoon when we returned to our rooms our keys didn't work and we found they had only been coded for one day. When we went back to the desk, the clerk working this time, re-activated the key cards quickly, with many apologies. I'm sorry I didn't remember your name young lady, as you dealt very efficiently and quickly with the people ahead of us, and with us, and deserve credit for a job well done.
The other problem was breakfast. The first morning, we were a bit late getting down for the complimentary breakfast (8:30 a.m.) which is set up in a room off the lobby that is about the same size as a regular hotel room with 7 tables. There was no coffee, and only one working toaster as a circuit had been blown. There was little left for breakfast, the counter was a mess, the room was crowded and the tables hadn't been cleaned. It was OK, because we found some coffee and made our own. The whole time we saw no attendant in the room, so can only assume that it is the responsiblilty of the front desk clerks, who of course are busy checking people out.
However, in defence of the hotel, I can say, that arriving the next morning for breakfast at 8:00 a.m. everything was fine, and it was actually a pretty good breakfast. So I suppose the moral here is don't be late for breakfast at the Ramada.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — front desk staff/breakfast
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TCHKing
As the new General Manager of the hotel, please accept our thanks for your review.

I am pleased to report that the renovations & property upgrades that took place during your stay, have long since been completed. As a result of those renovations, we have a boutique style hotel, with beautiful, comfortable guest rooms to offer our guests.

On behalf of former managment & staff we apologize for any service issues you may have experienced during your stay & wish to assure you our future committment is to deliver nothing short of exceptional service at all times.

We hope to welcome you back in the future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Surrey
Days Inn & Suites - Langley
#1 of 11 in Langley City
Fleetwood
Comfort Inn & Suites Surrey
Newton
Best Western King George Inn & Suites
Guildford
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Surrey

Been to Ramada Surrey/Langley? Share your experiences!