All reviewsfront deskwafflesa great staycomfortable bednext morningenjoyed our stayparking lothot itemssoccer tournamenteasy accesswould stay here againfree breakfastcleaning staffhot tubclean roomslangleykim
Reviewed August 29, 2008

My requirements at the time of making the booking were (1) pet friendly and (2) all inclusive one charge to my credit card.

On arrival we were checked into a room and shifted an hour later as the receptionist didn't realize we had a small pet. An hour earlier they had no rooms at the lower level and none of the ones above had a microwave. We were charged a damage deposit of $300 plus a pet service fee of $30. None of which we expected considering we gave them complete information and a list of our requirements.

The charges were not an issue! The indifferent attitude and approach of the receptionist checking us in and a certain person at the call centre (1-800-myhotels) that made us check out within two days and move to a hotel down the block, where the service was simply superior.

Never going back and not suggesting it to friends. Indifferent and inconsiderate!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank FerrolLobo
Ramada-LangleySurrey, General Manager at Ramada by Wyndham Surrey/Langley, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2011

As the new General Manager of the hotel without historical information specific to your stay available, I can only apologize for any confusion encountered during your check-in /stay.

We are a Pet Friendly property, offering comfortable accommodation & competitive rates to people wanting to travel with their 4 legged friends.
Although pricing may vary slightly from property to property, we've done our homework & have found our security deposits & pet surcharges to be fair & well within industry standards.

Your pets are welcome & your business is appreciated!

Reviewed July 22, 2008

Great location, great service and comfy beds and pillows! Would definitely stay here again. Kids loved the pool and the continental breakfast (complimentary) was very decent. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

On behalf of both the hotel managment & staff, please accept our thanks for your wonderful review!
We appreciate that you have a choice for local accommodation & thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed April 7, 2007

My wife and I as well as some relatives stayed at the Ramada for two nights during a business/pleasure trip to the coast. We usually stay at the Hampton Inn down the road, however, chose Ramada this time because of the great price. The location is also very good for anyone travelling to this area. Lots of shopping nearby and easy access to the major routes through the Lower Mainland.
I had known other people that had stayed here recently and they had indicated that the Ramada was getting a bit run down. It was a delight to see the major renovations that are being done, and when finished, the hotel will have a shiny new face. Very nicely done! So overall the rooms are very clean and newly decorated as is the lobby. And the renovations caused little disruption during our stay.
We really only had two complaints with the Ramada Express, otherwise, for the price, this is a very good hotel.
Check in was the slowest I have ever experienced. And it's not like there were other people checking in at the same time. The clerk kept having to answer the phone, and lost track of what whe was doing for us. The lobby was very busy with a large school group waiting for their bus, and she just couldn't seem to focus.
Once we did check in and got to our rooms, all was fine. Except the next afternoon when we returned to our rooms our keys didn't work and we found they had only been coded for one day. When we went back to the desk, the clerk working this time, re-activated the key cards quickly, with many apologies. I'm sorry I didn't remember your name young lady, as you dealt very efficiently and quickly with the people ahead of us, and with us, and deserve credit for a job well done.
The other problem was breakfast. The first morning, we were a bit late getting down for the complimentary breakfast (8:30 a.m.) which is set up in a room off the lobby that is about the same size as a regular hotel room with 7 tables. There was no coffee, and only one working toaster as a circuit had been blown. There was little left for breakfast, the counter was a mess, the room was crowded and the tables hadn't been cleaned. It was OK, because we found some coffee and made our own. The whole time we saw no attendant in the room, so can only assume that it is the responsiblilty of the front desk clerks, who of course are busy checking people out.
However, in defence of the hotel, I can say, that arriving the next morning for breakfast at 8:00 a.m. everything was fine, and it was actually a pretty good breakfast. So I suppose the moral here is don't be late for breakfast at the Ramada.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TCHKing

As the new General Manager of the hotel, please accept our thanks for your review.

I am pleased to report that the renovations & property upgrades that took place during your stay, have long since been completed. As a result of those renovations, we have a boutique style hotel, with beautiful, comfortable guest rooms to offer our guests.

On behalf of former managment & staff we apologize for any service issues you may have experienced during your stay & wish to assure you our future committment is to deliver nothing short of exceptional service at all times.

We hope to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed March 30, 2007

All the furniture is brand new, everything was brand new! Renovations were well worth it. Staff was especially helpful and courteous to everyone I saw them interact with!

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with friends
3  Thank MaryMary77

As the property's new General Manager, we wish to thank you for your great comments & look forward to welcoming you as our guest in the months & years to come!

Reviewed December 27, 2006

We booked our hotel room for our wedding night at this Ramada in Surrey, on the Langley border as it was close to our venue and the other hotels were sold out (Long weekend).

What a HORRIBLE memory of our wedding day/night in this hotel.

Firstly, I had told the hotel that my hubby was to come there a little early so he could get ready for our wedding, which was okay'd by the hotel. He showed up and was let into the room. He said that it looked like "there were a bunch of hookers in it last night and there was a big party". He called down to find out why the room was not ready and why he was let in to such a dirty room. They sent up someone to clean the room.....while he was getting ready for our wedding!

We had asked for the "honeymoon suite". All it was was a larger room with a couch and a brass bed posts! When I got up to take a shower the next day, I had to shower in ankle high dirty water as the tub wouldn't drain. The room cost about $150 (plus tax), which was apparently a super deal! i could have gotten a much nicer room downtown on the waterfront for that price. Instead I overlooked a parking lot (Langley isn't exactly on the water so I didn't expect a great view but at least a view of the highway).

Anyway, I sent an email to complain about the hotel on their actual website. After 3 or 4 emails and almost 5-6 months with no replies until I threatened to email the main website (Head office), they finally responded to me. All I got was excuses and, in my opinion, an apology that was not sincere. I was offered a free night stay, which I decided to take, eventhough i live a meer 20 minutes away and would only use that stay because it was to be free.

Well, it took weeks (about 4 or 5) to get the certificate to me...AND....it said that it was was only valid for 4 months (from the date I spoke with the manager) but not valid on weekends or holidays...which pretty much left me with no days since it was at the end of the year.

I decided to send an email to the Ramada head office (in the USA) to say that the compensation was lame and they didn't even have the courtesy to reply.

Now, all I get are emails with deals....AS IF I WOULD EVER STAY AT A RAMADA AGAIN!!! I don't think so. Couldn't be more disappointed in my experience with this Ramada and Ramada in general. I am now left to avoid any and all Ramadas for future stays in protest.

• Stayed: September 2004, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Mellymel75

On behalf of the management & staff at the time you stayed, we apologize if you felt the hotel fell short in the line of service.

As the new General Manager of the hotel, we wish to ensure it is our sincere committment to deliver nothing short of exceptional service to all our future guests. We hope you will give us a second opportunity to earn your valued business.