“Glad we took family recommendation”

Ramada Surrey/Langley
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Surrey
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 1, 2012

This Ramada was recommended to us by family members who have stayed here. We're glad we took their advice. We had a 2 night stay, over the weekend, followed by a 1 night stay, mid-week.

Our first room was at the back and our second room was at the front. The front rooms face out on Hwy 10 so we wondered if it might be a little noisy but it didn't seem to cause us any problem.

The decore of the rooms at this hotel was pleasant and the beds and pillows were very comfortable, which enabled us to have a good night's sleep. The continental breakfast was the standard fare you get in chain hotel/motels and was more than adequate.

The welcome message that was waiting for us when we arrived made for a good start to our stay and the pleasant staff made us feel welcome, each time we returned after a family outing.

We were happy to be able to take advantage of the fitness centre and hope, on our next visit, to find time to enjoy the pool.

If we had any complaint, it was that the wifi was a little slow but we managed alright in the end.

We'll definitely recommend this Ramada to any family or friends who are travelling to Surrey.

Room Tip: For a quieter room ask for a room at the back. Note: Be sure to enjoy the Sugared Citrus bath soa...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AmblesideInn-Host
Ramada-LangleySurrey, General Manager at Ramada Surrey/Langley, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful review of our property! To receive such great feedback from people that are also in the accommodation industry, is very rewarding. Thank you so very much!

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Having lived in the area in the past, I've not only stayed here but also recommended family to this hotel. So, on this trip, we did not hesitate to go back. Mistake. The quality of the rooms are just not what they used to be. The cleaning was less than desirable - hair and dust/dirt around the bathroom sink. Told the front desk but no follow up. Yuck! Not what I was expecting for sure! The bathroom towels were paper thin and scratchy. Bedspread was brown so you could not tell if it was clean or not. Not impressed and will not go back nor will I recommend family/friends. This used to be a better place. That being said, staff was friendly and this hotel is close to all amenities. Not much grass area for dogs and no pet station. Like I said I can only write this review based on what my prior experience was here, someone staying for the first time might find this just fine.

Room Tip: The back side is away from the main road.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

We deeply apologize that your stay was anything less than 100% satisfactory, and that you feel that quality has slipped from previous stays.

In direct response to your comments, please know that although brown in color, our coverlets are of high quality & I can assure you they are laundered after every check out.

In regards to quality of the towels, it does happen that our pool towels are sometimes mixed in with room towels. As they are a bit worn, our housekeeping staff are usually pretty good at sorting them, but in this case it appears that the pool towels were hung in error. We certainly apologize & would have replaced them eagerly had we known.

As the hotel is surrounded by a parking lot, I do agree there is very little green space. With that being said, we have a little patch of lawn alongside the hotel for dogs to do their business, and there are a number of good walking areas nearby the hotel, where dog & their owners can get in a good stretch.

I personally attempted to reach you folks upon your departure, but was unable to reach you at the number we have listed. We don't have an email address on file for you, so I was unable to follow up with you that way either.

Should you be travelling through the area in the future, we would welcome the occaision to have you as our guest & the opportunity to deliver a more satisfying experience.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

We spent last night at the Ramada in Langley/Surrey. The exterior of the hotel is not attractive; it's smack dab in a parking lot surrounded by a very busy highway and other buildings. Don't expect a nice view.

To be honest, I'm always disappointed when I walk in to a hotel room and I see bedspreads and this one had them. Ick. I'm not saying they weren't clean, but the whole idea of bedspreads in a hotel grosses me out. The room itself did seem clean, though. I found it inconvenient that the sink and counter were in the bedroom area; once the kids had gone to sleep it was difficult my husband and I to brush our teeth, etc. without waking the kids up. It's just something to be aware of. My kids and husband enjoyed the pool and hot tub.

The big problems for us started around 10:30 when the kids and adults next door to us started getting loud. Now, I don't have any problem with crying babies. There's not a whole lot that parents can do sometimes. Babies just cry sometimes. I DO, however, have a problem with dads fooling around with squealing kids until 12:30 am in a hotel. I do understand that it wasn't management's fault, per se; however, I do not understand why the hotel booked us so close to such young kids when the hotel was not full. It would have been much better customer service to leave a room in between; which many hotels do. And the beds. Oh, the beds. Let's just say that if you don't mind sleeping on a board, or concrete, the beds will be great! My husband woke up this morning and said, "I don't think I can move." Yes, he was exaggerating, but we really were aching. Even our kids told us that the beds were really hard.

When we went down to breakfast there was no one attending to the food. I was disappointed to see that the 'hot food items' were 3 hard boiled eggs and 3 dried up sausages. Since we are a family of 4, I went to the front desk and asked if someone could please bring some more sausages (which they promptly did). Unfortunately, and I kid you not, they were laying in a layer of grease. A thick, unappetizing layer. >sigh!< Anyway, I'm glad that I only paid the $60 plus taxes and fees that I bid for that star level through Priceline. Next time I won't leave it to chance, though. We don't want to have to stay there again.

Room Tip: The rooms at the back of the hotel face away from the highway.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Good & bad, we appreciate your comments & perspectives. So thank you! They assist us in improving our services and sometimes bring issues that we are unaware of, to light.

Sleeping is our business and we take it seriously, so we have attempted to ensure that all our guests sleep comfortably with high end Serta & Simmons pillowtop mattresses. Bedding & mattresses are a very personal thing however & often come down to preference..... soft mattresses work for some...firmer mattresses for others.

Having had the opportunity to personally discuss your experience with you upon check-out, I have since brought your comments regarding the mattresses in your room, to the attention of the hotel's owner. Should we find the mattresses defective in any way, we will certainly be replacing them. Again, sleeping is serious business for us!

In response to your noisy neighbors, all I can do is apologize on their behalf. It's a sad thing when people do not respect that they are in a hotel & that there are other guests to respect & consider. Should you encouter a similar situation in the future, please don't hesitate to contact the front desk to advise them of the issue. The front desk staff will call the offending room & request that noise be kept down to a level considerate of other guests.

Depending on the time you came down for breakfast, stock levels on hot food items may very well have been low. After a poor nights sleep I can certainly see how this may have appeared as a negative, but we'd prefer to keep it fresh & not leave food standing in hot food trays for long periods of time, as it dries the food out. We prefer to keep food fresh & as you've noted, our staff is happy to replenish breakfast items as they are needed or requested.

Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We hope to welcome your family back in the future.

Reviewed April 19, 2012

Nice & clean room. Great staff ( they were very quick to calm down a bunch of young boys running around) Lots of free parking & very good location. Breakfast was great(hot stuff not really hot ,but tasty all the same) Nice pool & even a little store to buy snacks at the front desk. We are going back to stay this weekend.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Ramada-LangleySurrey, General Manager at Ramada Surrey/Langley, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2012

Hi Dana,

We appreciate you taking the time to post your review! Thank you very much for your comments & for sharing your stay with the public. We look forward to welcoming you back in the months & years to come!

Reviewed January 17, 2012

My name is Rafael Reyes, I work for General Motors when I travel I like to stay on a hotel that already has good reviews so when I was searching for a hotel to stay two weeks with my family I came accross this Ramada and to be honest they were short on the reviews. We have a very good exp. staff was great, perfect loocation and quited. Becouse of this I will reconmend to everybody

Room Tip: We stayedt the executive suites. Best ones specially the ones on the south
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Ramada-LangleySurrey, General Manager at Ramada Surrey/Langley, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2012

Hi Rafael,

Thanks very much for the WONDERFUL review! We couldn't be happier that you enjoyed your stay with us & look forward to welcoming you back in the months & years to come. Please tell all your friends at General Motors!!!

Reviewed January 2, 2012

Great service and very clean. Only stayed one night....it was a very late night and we were able to check out later than usual, giving us a chance to sleep in. Thanks so much!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple

We're happy that you're happy, with both the quality of your stay & the service you received during your stay.

Thank you very much for sharing your experience & comments with the world!

Reviewed November 10, 2011

We stayed at the Ramada for almost 2 weeks and the room was great, the staff were super and friendly as well as helpful. The location was convenient with ready access to major roadways and to restaurants, shopping was nearby too. We often stopped to chat with the people at the front desk, whether it was late at night or early in morning, the chats were warm and personal. The location of the hotel made us wonder about noise from the major roadway at the front of the hotel yet we could not hear any of the traffic noise in room. Morning breakfast and coffee was good too and extremely convenient.

Thank you to the staff for making this trip for us stress free and pleasurable.

Ray

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper floors are great, especially on the back side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Ramada-LangleySurrey, General Manager at Ramada Surrey/Langley, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2011

Hi Ray,

Thank you ever so much for your review & for sharing your hotel experience with the world.

Spending 2 weeks in a hotel room anywhere can be a challenge at the best of times, so we're very happy to know you found the hotel comfortable & our location convenient. That our staff made the difference between a standard hotel stay & one you could happily write about, is truly what makes us stand out from the neighbors. It's our people that make us shine!!

Many thanks for the acknowledgement & for telling your friends! We hope to welcome you back in the future.