“Will not recommend to anyone unless they change wedding planner/owners” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pacific Inn Resort and Conference Centre

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Pacific Inn Resort and Conference Centre
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Surrey
canada
“Will not recommend to anyone unless they change wedding planner/owners”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2009

Had my daughters wedding this summer and had bad experience. It was all smooth until all the money due was paid in full. Should have kept holdback. Morning of wedding was drizzling, wedding planner had no arrangements for tarps to cover our holy book. (she said she had) had run around for an hr to figure out what to do. No sheets on the ground (as promised earlier) only white tarp to sit on. Asked to have two sides for buffet tables but she said no it should be fine as she is very experienced and have done several weddings. Huge grid lock in the hallway for breakfast, muggy, no air conditioning. Contact person not picking up the phone??? Next day reception in the garden. Lawn is not mowed, said they did. Grass looked so dead. As promised no bistro tables, no lighting for our chefs. No plates or any cutlrey on the wedding cake table.
I will not recommend this place for wedding or receptions to anyone as this is not a cheap place for weddings but the service is not up to the standards

• Stayed July 2008
1 Thank jaipur1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
olympia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2008

On Sunday morning 3 am a fight ensued in our hallway that involved several people men and women it was loud and violent and we were afraid for our own safety that someone would start shooting. I called the front desk just in case they were unaware they could hear yelling from our phone. They said they would call their guard I sugested they call 911. Things quieted down after 20 minutes. Then we were woken later in the morning as they were leaving. I called and spoke to the manager who had just come in and he said he would read the report and get back to me. I left my phone number when I checked out and still haven't heard from him.I can over look the freeway noise and restaurant problems but it was a big deal and we were afraid and I would have been happy to hear managements policy and measures they take for their guests safety but that didnt happen. I ran into a woman down the hall the next am and her children were still upset.

Stayed November 2008
canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2008

We were hesitant to book here after reading some of the other reviews but because we were taking Amtrack to the US and could get picked up (and leave our car free for a week)we booked two nights.
The first night was a Tuesday. The place seemed empty. Our room was fine. The elevator only worked some of the time but we were only one flight up. The place could do with a make over but the price, location and Amtrack service were just right.
Our return was on a Saturday and what a difference in the place! A large wedding and a tour of school kids from Japan filled the place. The elevator was back to working. We thought it would be noisy because of all the kids(who seemed to be having a great time)in the pool, the live music in the bar and the wedding in the conference rooms but it was all quiet by 10 pm! Would stay there again because of the convienice and price.

• Liked — Amtrack connection, free parking for a week, easy to get to from Vancouver island
  • Disliked — smell of cigerette smoke in 3rd floor hallway(non smoking room smelled fine)
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank kathiann
main floor
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2008

Wish I'd read the reviews because this place is a dump and we were more than sorry we chose to stay there. Could have been forwarned if we had just gone on line and read some of this information. I think the managment is practically non existant. Dirty room service dishes sat in the hall the entire 24 hours we were there. By the time I finished my shower the water in the tub was half way up to my knees because the drains are plugged. The wall unit air conditioner cooled the room but neither my husband or I could sleep with the noise being so loud. At least we couldn't hear the highway noise from the outside as this hotel is located between two busy highways. King George and Highway 99A. Find another place and stay away from this one

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — poorly managed and run down
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2008

The room was dark and lighting was poor. Had a room that faced Hwy 99, so there was quite a bit of traffic noise. There is no central air, there is an air-con unit in the room. The bath took forever to drain. There's no mini-fridge in the room. The beds are uncomfortable and sagged in the center. The bed linens were over-used and uncomfortable. The carpet in the room was old and made the room feel dark and dingy. Don't eat at The Pantry; we ate breakfast there and the only decent thing that came out of the kitchen was hot water for tea. The sausage links were old and disgusting, I would have thrown them in the chef's face if I wasn't tired from a poor night's sleep on the lousy hotel bed. Go with no or low expectations and you will be OK.

• Disliked — the restaurant food and the lousy beds
  • Stayed September 2008
Fenwick
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Pacific Inn for one night. We had stayed there about 4 years ago and remembered it as a pretty good hotel. I was very disappointed this time. We arrived at 2:30 pm and our room wasn't ready. That was fine because she said it would be ready by check in at 3:00. At 3:30 it still wasn't ready and my husband went to the front desk and they said she would clean it now. So we had to wait another 1/2 hour. It still wasn't very clean and the sheets were too small for the bed. We went out to eat and came back about 9:00 and the music from the pool and club was intolerable. The atrium is like an echo chamber. The girl at the front desk said there was nothing she could do because the club is rented out. The hotel looks very run down inside also and not very clean. I have heard that it has changed owners since we were there. I highly recommend avoiding this hotel.

Stayed August 2008
Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2008

My wife and I were there for a conference in January, and it was the worst hotel experience of my life. The restaurants failed to keep posted hours, the staff was clueless, many dinners were sent back to the kitchen (some more than once) before a satisfactory meal could be delivered, and the hotel attempted to change the dining arrangements in violation of our group's contract. The roof in a conference room was leaking badly, only one elevator was working, and basic general maintenance did not appear to have been perfomed in many months, to the point where I was afraid the whole building would come crashing down around us. The general look might have passed for kitsch at one time but simply looked sad and dated. The atrium was humid and noisy due to the swimming pool in the middle.

As we left that place I felt a deep sense of guilt, because if anyone spends money at this place and thereby delays its eventual demise by even one day, then they are guilty of a crime against the hospitality industry in general.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Surrey
South Surrey
Ramada Surrey/Langley
#2 of 18 in Surrey
Fleetwood
Comfort Inn & Suites Surrey

Been to Pacific Inn Resort and Conference Centre? Share your experiences!