Pacific Inn Resort and Conference Centre
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Surrey
Squamish, Canada
“Basic”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

You get what you pay for. I got a smoking deal through dealfind and got a basic room with basic amenities. The staff was polite, the hotel was quiet (at least when I was there...no conferences going on) and I was able to bring my old dog along! Little kids would enjoy the pool (not a lap pool!) and there was a well stocked exercise room. The decor is dated and aging and the housekeeping/upkeep could be wayyy better...found dirty bedside table, stained lamps and the bathroom faucet sprayed everywhere. But...because I had read these tripadvisor reviews beforehand, I knew not to expect a five star hotel. It was good enough for my family "staycation" and we spent the money we saved on food (Roadhouse Grille!), gas and entertainment (White Rock beach ice cream, George Reifel bird sanctuary).

Room Tip: If you have a dog, ask for a ground floor room closer to the lobby. Ours was almost at the other sid...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank pianosushi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Avoid this hotel!
We had numerous problems.
The washer in the guest laundry stopped working mid cycle. I had to stick my arm in and pull out the wet clothes and put them in the other washer and restart. Imagine putting your arm in a big vat of cold soup!
The dryer never worked properly. It took three times as long as normal to dry a load than normal.
The printer in the "business center" did not work.
The hotel smells of chlorine due to the indoor pool.
There was brown goo in the corners of the bathtub. The goo looked liked you know what.
The fan in the bathroom was so noisy I thought I was in a machine shop.
If you like indoor soccer you might like this hotel. We stayed in the hotel 3/13/ to 3/16/2014 and the hotel was hosting a number of soccer teams. The management made no effort at all to control the kids and the hotel was loud and unruly all weekend. We don't blame the kids...we blame the hotel.
The biggest frustration I had was the unwillingness to open the gym for me at 800 AM on Sunday. The gym hours on the weekend started at 900 AM (way too late!) and the front desk needed permission from the manager to let me in. The permission was denied by the manager because I needed to be supervised in the gym. I worked out in the gym on Saturday and I was not supervised! This was really crazy. I have worked out in dozens of hotels around the world and I never was supervised.

I must admit that the staff was friendly. Just incompetent and not empowered by the owners to do the right thing. Opening the gym an hour early would have been easy.
Try the hotels in White Rock. Since the gym was never opened for me I ran to White Rock and had a great run along the water. I saw some interesting boutique hotels that are likely much better that the Pacific Inn.
Avoid this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Myra M

Travelers are raving about these Surrey hotels

Cassidy, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Where to start? OK, twice I've stayed here because it's handy to the venue I was attending. Twice I was sorely dissapointed. Beds were well past there expiry date, lights not working, toilets not working as they should, shower heads broken. Both stays, different rooms!!
Resturant.... Oh my, lousy food, no service, really disappointing. Last night I waited 30 minutes to be served, finally gave up and had to buffet. Cold pasta, luke warm sauce. I watched as many people gave up in disgust and left, as did I. Next time I will go with comfort and not convenience, there is a Best Western just up the road.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank JohnHubbard
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed March 14, 2014

I am the Conference Coordinator for a local spiritual group that hosts 2 events annually; one which is 8 nights, with meals, rooms and conference services for approximately 200 attendees and one which is for 3 nights, with meals, rooms and conference services for approximately 35 attendees. We have been working with the Pacific Inn for our events for more than 11 years now.

The service we receive is amazing! We are a bit of a high maintenance group, with many of our guests having many food considerations including gluten and dairy intolerance. Chef Darin and the Catering Department Manager Ingrid are so good with all of our needs. The food is amazing and the catering staff are so nice to all of our guests.

The guest rooms have enjoyed a face-lift over the last couple of years and are very comfortable indeed. I personally love having an atrium room that looks over the pool. It makes me feel like I am on an exotic vacation even though I am working while attending the event!

We love the Ballroom conference space for our larger event and we enjoy one of the smaller conference spaces for our smaller event. No matter what your needs, I am certain that Ingrid and her staff will look after you well.

The front desk staff and Sales Manager Erik are equally as nice as the catering department group. Give Erik a call if you need to book guest rooms for your group; I know he will look after your needs with his full attention.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank KPTIP
Vancouver
Reviewed February 23, 2014

It's hard to overstate how poor this place is. The bed, no word of lie, was probably past it's replacement date 15 years ago already--the most concave, worn out bed I've ever seen. Then, add springs sticking into you. The bed, no joke, is probably 25 years old.

I'll sum up our stay in point form:
- Dirty glass in our room
- destroyed beds
- 40 year old toilet seat
- black mildew in the tub/shower grout
- the shower lever in the tub didn't work
- tv remote didn't work
- the traffic noise from outside was crazy
- the room itself was dated. The hotel schema is pink and green (1983)
- breakfast had no muffins, cereal, fruit, and what they did have was gross
- the pool area looked cool, but we didn't use it
- bed spread early 80's polyester
- "white" stippled ceiling was dirty
- etc. etc. etc.

There were a group of about 140 of us there and our experience, from what we heard others say, was par for the course. Good friends of ours actually went and stayed somewhere else, even though they had paid for the room there.

The owner/s of this place needs to go and spend a night in one of these rooms, on one of those beds. I stayed at a budget hotel for one night in Mexico when I was young, not even on the beach (not a nice place, as you can imagine), and that place was better than this.

*NOTE - I had to resubmit this review--which was previously live to the public for about a week. In my original review I made a comment about, let's say, people who may or may not, possibly having or not having, a potential stake in the motel potentially giving or not giving reviews. "Someone" complained that it was an accusation of fraud so trip advisor took my review down and invited me to submit it again. I'm actually very thankful that happened, because it gives me a chance to respond to what the resort said in response to my former review...

The resort said that they were shocked that my bed was so bad. They said that all the beds in the resort were upgraded to brand new, hotel grade, beds 2 years ago, and that my bed must have been so bad because of kids jumping on it, or the box spring was gone. Let me clarify about the mattress...it was gross. You know the large plastic-like labels that are on mattresses?..well this one was so old that the plastic was turning to powder and 2/3's of it was gone. There was a mess of bits of plastic and plastic dust around it. I touched it and it literally crumbled under the light pressure of my finger. I'm not going to call anyone a liar (don't want them to complain and get my review removed again), but you be the judge...does that sound like something 2 years old to you?! hahaha.

To the resort, don't try to micromanage (and possibly try to silence) bad reviews against you. Perhaps you could put that time and effort into...I dunno...cleaning? customer service? etc. Just a thought.

Room Tip: Get into your car, turn around and stay at any other hotel at all.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank menschie
Whitehorse
Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

I recently spent several days at the Pacific Inn with members of my family who were preparing our mother's funeral.
During the previous year we had spent many nights at the hotel while visiting our mother who lived in the seniors residence next door.
At all times, but especially last week, we were treated with outstanding service.
Last week as we prepared for the funeral we used the Pacific Inn as our family headquarters since none of us are from that area.
The manager provided a suite which we used as a gathering place and he freed up several rooms in the area so we were all together.
Everyone on staff was extremely helpful and accomodating to all our needs.
And the front desk staff was outstanding.
Collectively they rival the front desk staff of nearly every hotel I've stayed at. Even hotels with much higher ratings.
I would highly recomend this hotel for it's location and customer service.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Northstar64
Summerland, Canada
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

The hot tub was a welcome addition after a long flight from asia. Room was clean. The bed was perfect. The furnishings and bathroom seemed a bit run down. Don't get a room facing pool. There is a lot of noise from the pool, kids playing in the evening and exercise classes in the AM.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Surrey
South Surrey
Newton
Econo Lodge Surrey
Econo Lodge Surrey
#12 of 19 in Surrey

Been to Pacific Inn Resort and Conference Centre? Share your experiences!